-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2013-2014 Mayo Medical School Application Thread
Started by gettheleadout
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Am I right that only one person had received a II on this thread? I was checking out last year's thread and their timeline was verryyyy different
Am I right that only one person had received a II on this thread? I was checking out last year's thread and their timeline was verryyyy different
Seems like a lot of schools are slow this year 😎
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Seems like a lot of schools are slow this year 😎
It's because the tenacity of '18 is overhwhelming. It's not that we slow everything down - we're just trailblazing faster than everyone else, huzzah!
Seems like a lot of schools are slow this year 😎
They saw your app and all shouted, stop the presses! It's Bauman!
Am I right that only one person had received a II on this thread? I was checking out last year's thread and their timeline was verryyyy different
Yeah that surprised me too! I wish every school did admissions trackers like Michigan 🙂
They saw your app and all shouted, stop the presses! It's Bauman!
This is coming from someone with 3x as many IIs as me 😛
Yeah, odd that I was the only person to say I got an II. My stats are good, but ECs are just okay.
you're probably interesting though. I hear they like interesting people.
First line of my PS was:
"I don't always drink water, but when I do, I drink Budweiser."
you're probably interesting though. I hear they like interesting people.
First line of my PS was:
"I don't always drink water, but when I do, I drink Budweiser."
No way...
No way...
you're right. It's really:
"Captain's Log, stardate 7312013."
you're right. It's really:
"Captain's Log, stardate 7312013."
I quoted Michael Scott as my first line:
""You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretkzy" - Michael Scott
Sadly, I'm not. About as cookie cutter as possible.
Heh. Maybe they need a normal person to round everyone else out?
Or your essays/letters were stellar.
Finally got a fee request. Does everyone get it? I was verified 7/18.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Finally got a fee request. Does everyone get it? I was verified 7/18.
Everyone gets it I believe. Interesting. I was verified 7/18, received request on the 19th and the fee was received on the 23rd. I wonder how they're sending out fee requests and what not.
I got the LOR received email today, even though I added my ref letters about a week ago...
Ahhh!!!! Just got an interview invite!
Has anyone done an application update? I got an email from Mayo saying, "Supplementary materials should not be sent to our office, unless requested. Brief significant updates can be sent within the text of an email. Please do not submit any grades or transcripts unless specifically requested by our office."
Sounds like they don't like being updated unless it's something big? I just found out I got a medical research full-time paid job at a medical school for my gap year. Not sure if that is a "significant update" or if they mean something mind-blowing like a MacArthur grant, or some Marshall or Rhodes scholar-type thing. Thoughts? I don't want to bug them but if it fits the bill it won't hurt to update...
Sounds like they don't like being updated unless it's something big? I just found out I got a medical research full-time paid job at a medical school for my gap year. Not sure if that is a "significant update" or if they mean something mind-blowing like a MacArthur grant, or some Marshall or Rhodes scholar-type thing. Thoughts? I don't want to bug them but if it fits the bill it won't hurt to update...
Ahhh!!!! Just got an interview invite!
Same here!!! What an amazing email to wake up to 🙂 congrats to everyone who got the IIs as well!
Ahhh!!!! Just got an interview invite!
email? phone call? stats?
Does anyone know the window from LOR request to interview/rejection? Just wondering if I should be getting worried (I was first batch LOR request, but haven't heard anything about an II).
Congratulations to all those receiving interviews!! See you here in Rochester soon (next month?).
Yep! The options they gave us were all Mondays and Fridays in September 🙂
Does anyone know the window from LOR request to interview/rejection? Just wondering if I should be getting worried (I was first batch LOR request, but haven't heard anything about an II).
I think it's incredibly variable. I was in the first batch of LOR requests (my committee letter had already been assigned and submitted) but didn't get a "LOR received" email until July 29. I just got an II last night.
I think it's incredibly variable. I was in the first batch of LOR requests (my committee letter had already been assigned and submitted) but didn't get a "LOR received" email until July 29. I just got an II last night.
+1. Also in first batch. LOR Received email on the 29th. II Last night
Rejection email. Congrats everyone on the interviews, I'll be seeing some of you elsewhere! 🙂
Pre or post LOR request?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yep! The options they gave us were all Mondays and Fridays in September 🙂
Which date did you pick? I went ahead and picked the first.
Pre or post LOR request?
Pre
Which date did you pick? I went ahead and picked the first.
Haven't signed up yet but I'll probably do 9/13. Fridays work better for me with school and everything
Last edited:
Haven't signed up yet but I'll probably do 9/13. Fridays work better for me with school and everything
That's the day of our histology final so excuse us for being zombies 🙂
Did everyone who got an interview invite get a LoR request on 7/8 (the first day they came out)?
LOR Request: 7/8
LOR Received Email: 7/22
Interview Invite: 7/31
That's the day of our histology final so excuse us for being zombies 🙂
Oh wow I never thought about med school exams, it's probably rough to host an interviewee the night before an exam 🙁
LOR Request: 7/8
LOR Received Email: 7/22
Interview Invite: 7/31
So it looks like, since some of our 2nd batch LOR request people got LOR received e-mail at around 7/29, hopefully our interview invites will be next week hopefully (a week after you guys)?
Still fingers crossed =]
So it looks like, since some of our 2nd batch LOR request people got LOR received e-mail at around 7/29, hopefully our interview invites will be next week hopefully (a week after you guys)?
Still fingers crossed =]
I was in the first batch and am bummed I didn't get an II yesterday. However, I got the LOR received email on the 29th, so I haven't given up hope yet...
I was in the first batch and am bummed I didn't get an II yesterday. However, I got the LOR received email on the 29th, so I haven't given up hope yet...
+1 Same situation as you, though you have much higher stats than I do. But still really hoping for an II from Mayo!!!
Oh wow I never thought about med school exams, it's probably rough to host an interviewee the night before an exam 🙁
It won't be as long as you don't expect too much from us the night beforehand. There seems to be a good enough balance here that people generally aren't too stressed out.
+1 Same situation as you, though you have much higher stats than I do. But still really hoping for an II from Mayo!!!
+2 Constantly shifting between paranoia and finger crossing
So this might be a dumb question, but I'm trying to submit the e-payment form and I was wondering about the section that asks for contact information. Does that refer to my contact information or the contact information of the person's whose name is on the credit card I'm paying with? I'm only asking because when I went to the next page, the name was listed as "payer's name," so I just wanted to clarify whether that's supposed to be the name on the credit card or the name of the person applying.
Thanks!
Thanks!
Phew, hoping that being part of the 2nd LOR batch (requested 7/17, complete 7/22) is keeping my hopes for an interview alive.
Yep I'm hoping the same thing here, I had the same LOR request/complete dates so hopefully they just haven't gotten to our apps yet.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey all,
Can anyone verify the score cutoff of 62 = (GPA x 10) + MCAT ? I've read the cut off as being 60, 62 and >62. Does anyone know to what decimal they round your GPA to not get screened out?
Can anyone verify the score cutoff of 62 = (GPA x 10) + MCAT ? I've read the cut off as being 60, 62 and >62. Does anyone know to what decimal they round your GPA to not get screened out?
Hey all,
Can anyone verify the score cutoff of 62 = (GPA x 10) + MCAT ? I've read the cut off as being 60, 62 and >62. Does anyone know to what decimal they round your GPA to not get screened out?
I thought it was 63....
Hey all,
Can anyone verify the score cutoff of 62 = (GPA x 10) + MCAT ? I've read the cut off as being 60, 62 and >62. Does anyone know to what decimal they round your GPA to not get screened out?
Rejected with 3.8/42, and I'm not the only one in that range who's been rejected outright, so I wouldn't consider LizzyM a good metric for Mayo.
Rejected with 3.8/42, and I'm not the only one in that range who's been rejected outright, so I wouldn't consider LizzyM a good metric for Mayo.
??????????????????????????????
Oh my... That's really shocking...
Similar threads
- Replies
- 35
- Views
- 11K
- Replies
- 351
- Views
- 80K