2013-2014 Mayo Medical School Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Still no 'LOR received' email yet..... and last night I dreamed I was rejected by Mayo 😱 :scared:
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
+1.

I'm thinking those that got the received e-mail had their LOR's actually into AMCAS and hence downloaded by Mayo before those that did not get the e-mail.

That's a negative. I held off on submitting letters to mayo with my amcas, but had them sent when I got the request. Just marked complete today.
 
That's a negative. I held off on submitting letters to mayo with my amcas, but had them sent when I got the request. Just marked complete today.

That might be because you were in the first batch of LOR requests from 7/8.

I had my LORs requested on 7/16 but didn't assign them until that day, right after I got the email. So there's a little more support for QuantumQuark's theory 😉
 
That might be because you were in the first batch of LOR requests from 7/8.

I had my LORs requested on 7/16 but didn't assign them until that day, right after I got the email. So there's a little more support for QuantumQuark's theory 😉

I was in the first batch, assigned the day I got the LOR request, and haven't received the email. Don't know if that helps at all.
 
I was in the first batch, assigned the day I got the LOR request, and haven't received the email. Don't know if that helps at all.

To really confound things, people from last year were getting I.I.'s without ever receiving the LOR complete email.
 
To really confound things, people from last year were getting I.I.'s without ever receiving the LOR complete email.

Haha if that's a sacrifice I have to make to get an II, I will gladly forget all about any missing complete emails.
 
I got rejected two years ago 2 days after paying..

This time...silence for the past 2 weeks with a 3.9/38. Improvement I guess.

Yeah, absolute silence since I paid the fee two weeks ago. People are getting rejected left and right, or getting LOR requests, and here I am, with a very clean inbox.

If it wasn't for the "Fee Received" email that Mayo sent, I would be suspecting that the internet ate my payment.
 
Yeah, absolute silence since I paid the fee two weeks ago. People are getting rejected left and right, or getting LOR requests, and here I am, with a very clean inbox.

If it wasn't for the "Fee Received" email that Mayo sent, I would be suspecting that the internet ate my payment.

Same. I gotthe Fee Received email last monday and am itching for another communication.
 
FYI, I was the first batch of "LOR request", and I pre-assigned LORs before even getting the "LOR request", and still did not receive the complete email.
 
FYI, I was the first batch of "LOR request", and I pre-assigned LORs before even getting the "LOR request", and still did not receive the complete email.

Same here, but I got a complete email yesterday. Your's is probably on its way. Keep your head up.
 
LOR Request at 1:54AM, nice treat after goin out tonight. Primary verified on July 11th.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Can someone post the link for checking their complete status? I only got an email with a fee service request, dont know how to check my status
 
Can someone post the link for checking their complete status? I only got an email with a fee service request, dont know how to check my status

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but since Mayo doesn't have a secondary, I don't think there is an "Applicant Status" page either. All of my communications with Mayo have been via email notifications.
 
First batch here too. no complete email yet...


Second batch, no complete email either.

I also thought about sending a brief e-mail about whether they have received my letters from AMCAS, but I didn't want to give them an impression that I am impatient... All my other schools got them, so I am sure they already have them somewhere..
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad