You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2013-2014 Mercer University Application Thread
Started by gettheleadout
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Hey yall,
To those of you who have received secondary applications for EDP, how long did it take after your AMCAS app got verified? I submitted 7/25 and was verified on AMCAS 7/26. Thanks to anyone who replies!
you mean you were verified on amcas one day after you submitted it?
Yes, that is correct. Primary sent July 25, verified about 12 hours later on July 26. Now just waiting for a secondary.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
you mean you were verified on amcas one day after you submitted it?
EDP applicants get fast tracked for AMCAS verification and are usually verified within 24 hours.
Hey yall,
To those of you who have received secondary applications for EDP, how long did it take after your AMCAS app got verified? I submitted 7/25 and was verified on AMCAS 7/26. Thanks to anyone who replies!
Mine was fairly quick after my MCAT scores posted (like 1 day later) when I received secondary
Awesome, thanks!
Got interview invite today for EDP! 😀😀😀
Got interview invite today for EDP! 😀😀😀
YAY! Congrats and good luck. Please let us know how it goes. What is the date if you don't mind sharing?
YAY! Congrats and good luck. Please let us know how it goes. What is the date if you don't mind sharing?
Thanks! August 27.
Does anyone have a good idea of the timeline from application verification to secondary app to Interview Invite, for a NON EDP candidate?
Does anyone have a good idea of the timeline from application verification to secondary app to Interview Invite, for a NON EDP candidate?
I know someone last year who submitted his primary application in July, got a secondary in October, interviewed late November, and heard of his acceptance in January.
Thank You!
Currently working on secondary essays for EDP.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yes good luck to everybody! Also, it'd be pretty cool to know how interviews go if some of y'all don't mind sharing... Not sure, but I think the first interview date is Aug 27???
Yes good luck to everybody! Also, it'd be pretty cool to know how interviews go if some of y'all don't mind sharing... Not sure, but I think the first interview date is Aug 27???
I think that was the first day. Then the next was the 29th. I didn't check the rest of the calendar to see what else was available. Good Luck!
Anyone else get interviews yet for ED?
No ii bc my file isn't complete - how long did it take for your mailed items to arrive? I mailed my GA resid. Form out over a week ago and it's still saying "incomplete" just curious what others timelines were for that?
My residency form took about a week and a half for them to mark off as being received. I actually thought it might have been lost in the mail and got another form.
My residency form took about a week and a half for them to mark off as being received. I actually thought it might have been lost in the mail and got another form.
Oh ok good to know thanks!
I'm interviewing Sept 10 in Macon. I hope it works out this year! lolAnyone else get interviews yet for ED?
I saw the essay prompts posted for the secondary, but what about character length? Is there a limit for any of the questions?
300 words for all except the last prompt was 600 word limit
I'm interviewing Sept 10 in Macon. I hope it works out this year! lol
Congrats! Question for you: what was the length of time between the submission of your secondary and the phone call for your interview invite? Thanks in advance.
Congrats! Question for you: what was the length of time between the submission of your secondary and the phone call for your interview invite? Thanks in advance.
I was complete on the 19th. Then got interview invite on the 30th of July. Good Luck!
I was complete on the 19th. Then got interview invite on the 30th of July. Good Luck!
Awesome! Thanks and you too.
Congrats to everyone with invites for ED! I wish you all the best of luck.
I was complete on July 19th, interview invite via email (no phone call) on the 31st. Good luck everybody! There's still plenty of time to hear back in my opinion.Congrats! Question for you: what was the length of time between the submission of your secondary and the phone call for your interview invite? Thanks in advance.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone know how many students are interviewed per interview day? Also, are there as many scheduled interviews in Savannah as there are in Macon? I see thus far everyone who has been invited is going to Macon.
Does anyone know how many students are interviewed per interview day? Also, are there as many scheduled interviews in Savannah as there are in Macon? I see thus far everyone who has been invited is going to Macon.
Based on last year's interviews I think it is between 6 and 10 applicants per day. I had the option to choose which campus I wanted to interview, I would have chosen Savannah if it weren't for the 3 hour drive. 😀
Has anyone heard anything back this week about interviews? Hoping all of us in EDP will hear something soon!
Has anyone heard anything back this week about interviews? Hoping all of us in EDP will hear something soon!
I'm EDP and I haven't heard anything :/ but I think since they just had classes get started and white coat ceremony their current focus has been getting m1s Settled in hopefully we hear something soon!!!
I'm EDP and I haven't heard anything :/ but I think since they just had classes get started and white coat ceremony their current focus has been getting m1s Settled in hopefully we hear something soon!!!
Yeah I agree! I figured since orientation and both white coat ceremonies (for Macon and Savannah) are over, we'd be hearing something soon hopefully! Good luck!
Interview invite today!!! EDP applicant and thrilled! 🙂
Grats!!!
Interview invite today!!! EDP applicant and thrilled! 🙂
Congrats! Still waiting to hear back. I was complete on August 13, so I guess there is still hope haha
Surprised there's not more EDP applicants on here? The way the interview set up works is you go online and select a date and location- I didn't try for the savannah dates or The aug 27th date but the aug 29th and first 2 weeks of September were full at Macon luckily I ended up scheduling on 9/12 - there were only 2 dates after this one though so I'm guessing they have filled quite a few of the interview spots for EDP??? Anyone else going to be there on the 12th?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Surprised there's not more EDP applicants on here? The way the interview set up works is you go online and select a date and location- I didn't try for the savannah dates or The aug 27th date but the aug 29th and first 2 weeks of September were full at Macon luckily I ended up scheduling on 9/12 - there were only 2 dates after this one though so I'm guessing they have filled quite a few of the interview spots for EDP??? Anyone else going to be there on the 12th?
I'm not so sure that they have filled most of their EDP slots. I'm hoping they're gonna send a few more e-mails this week... I wouldn't mind going to Savannah at all!
I'm not so sure that they have filled most of their EDP slots. I'm hoping they're gonna send a few more e-mails this week... I wouldn't mind going to Savannah at all!
Ya I was trying to think if they are offering all the dates at both campuses ? Problem is you can't tell unless you select the date/location so I wasn't willing to test it out lol- but on the bright side according to their website about 75-80% that applied EDP last year received an interview and of those that interviewed it was about a 50:50 acceptance/rejection, I'm wondering if you applied EDP and happened to get wait listed are you at the top of the list or does the wait list weigh in your stats as a factor?
Ya I was trying to think if they are offering all the dates at both campuses ? Problem is you can't tell unless you select the date/location so I wasn't willing to test it out lol- but on the bright side according to their website about 75-80% that applied EDP last year received an interview and of those that interviewed it was about a 50:50 acceptance/rejection, I'm wondering if you applied EDP and happened to get wait listed are you at the top of the list or does the wait list weigh in your stats as a factor?
According to past years, if you get wait listed during EDP, your file is brought up again during subsequent regular decision meetings if you're truly competitive enough. If you're rejected, of course, you're done... :/ On the bright side, those stats are encouraging.
I was complete on the 19th. Then got interview invite on the 30th of July. Good Luck!
Congrats 🙂
but was it for regular admission?
I submitted my sec app 7/18 and file was completed 7/23. I have not heard anything back.
Ya I was trying to think if they are offering all the dates at both campuses ? Problem is you can't tell unless you select the date/location so I wasn't willing to test it out lol- but on the bright side according to their website about 75-80% that applied EDP last year received an interview and of those that interviewed it was about a 50:50 acceptance/rejection, I'm wondering if you applied EDP and happened to get wait listed are you at the top of the list or does the wait list weigh in your stats as a factor?
Very encouraging statistics. I attended the "Strengthening your Application" Seminar earlier this year. If I remember correctly there were 100 students interviewed for EDP and 48 were offered positions. I hope that EDP applicants are wait listed ahead of regular decision but there's really no telling. I guess it wouldn't hurt to ask?
Good luck everybody, Going to be interviewing tomorrow in Macon!
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K
- Replies
- 35
- Views
- 11K