You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2013-2014 Mercer University Application Thread
Started by gettheleadout
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
YesIf we were wait-listed, are we allowed to send updates about what we are doing (grades, activities, etc)?
does anyone know if the waiting list is really 200 people long?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
They did not deny it when I asked.
Not me, haven't heard anything
In theory, they should already be pulling from the waitlist. They can pull off the waitlist up to a few days before class starts. That is my understanding anyway.
I believe most of the wait list movement should take place in late May/early June That's when final decisions for applicants with multiple acceptances are due at most schools.I haven't heard either. Do you know when do they start/when do they stop pulling people from the waitlist?
Last edited:
Well, tomorrow is the first possible day for waitlist movement right? 



Wait list movement has been possible since the wait list was released but we should start to see the heaviest movement begin tomorrow.Well, tomorrow is the first possible day for waitlist movement right?![]()
Well I hope they call as I have no acceptances and it would be nice to go to medical school. My spouse told me in no uncertain terms that after all these years this is my last round.
No. I sent in an update letter like yesterday or the day before.
Here is an update from the school. They put 300 people on the waitlist and have accepted 24 off of that as of last week. There are 250 left (some people did not accept the waitlist as they were accepted elsewhere). They are expecting to accept up to 50 total from the waitlist. There is still a chance, but it is slim.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thanks. Looks like MCG really is my only chance.
According to admissions (who I just spoke to), the waitlist is a little over 200 not 300. They acce
I just a few minutes ago got off the phone with Ms Spear when I asked for advice about my application. I also asked about the 300 people on the waitlist, she said they offered a little over 200 spots on the list. Several of them turned it down. Additionally, several of the people offered an acceptance turned them down before the deadline.
When I asked about expecting to go down to the 50 person mark on the waitlist, she says that isn't accurate. She cannot even venture a guess (which is consistent with what I was told last month) they don't know at all how many people they are going to pull as last week a bunch of people accepted other offers.
So we have better chances at Mercer than we thought.
Here is an update from the school. They put 300 people on the waitlist and have accepted 24 off of that as of last week. There are 250 left (some people did not accept the waitlist as they were accepted elsewhere). They are expecting to accept up to 50 total from the waitlist. There is still a chance, but it is slim.
I just a few minutes ago got off the phone with Ms Spear when I asked for advice about my application. I also asked about the 300 people on the waitlist, she said they offered a little over 200 spots on the list. Several of them turned it down. Additionally, several of the people offered an acceptance turned them down before the deadline.
When I asked about expecting to go down to the 50 person mark on the waitlist, she says that isn't accurate. She cannot even venture a guess (which is consistent with what I was told last month) they don't know at all how many people they are going to pull as last week a bunch of people accepted other offers.
So we have better chances at Mercer than we thought.
According to admissions (who I just spoke to), the waitlist is a little over 200 not 300. They acce
I just a few minutes ago got off the phone with Ms Spear when I asked for advice about my application. I also asked about the 300 people on the waitlist, she said they offered a little over 200 spots on the list. Several of them turned it down. Additionally, several of the people offered an acceptance turned them down before the deadline.
When I asked about expecting to go down to the 50 person mark on the waitlist, she says that isn't accurate. She cannot even venture a guess (which is consistent with what I was told last month) they don't know at all how many people they are going to pull as last week a bunch of people accepted other offers.
So we have better chances at Mercer than we thought.
Thanks for the update!
Thanks for the update!
Ironically I was emailing you when you commented. 😉
Ironically I was emailing you when you commented. 😉
Saw your email 🙂.
Thank you! I really appreciate it!
Does anyone know if Mercer sends out official rejection e-mails to waitlistees? My apologies if this has been asked/answered already...
I would doubt it but I don't know for sure. Last year they didn't even reject me and I was not waitlisted.
Okay. Thanks.
No, not since I met with the dean a few weeks ago.
Hi, medical students!
I am doing the preclinical science program this fall (2014). Anyone still looking for a roommate in Macon? Please contact me if you are! My email is [email protected].
I am doing the preclinical science program this fall (2014). Anyone still looking for a roommate in Macon? Please contact me if you are! My email is [email protected].
any news/ anyone been accepted lately/ is it over?
I was accepted Monday and was offered a scholarship!any news/ anyone been accepted lately/ is it over?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
From my conversation with Ms. Jackson this is what I got: The class will stay full, so if someone drops there will be a spot for the next person on the alternate list. If not no one else will get accepted. The waitlist is finalized, your spot on it is immovable, and if you're next on it you may get in, if not reapply or hope you get in somewhere else. I love MUSM from my masters and think it is a great program, but I wouldn't bank on getting accepted this year and would just plan to reapply to make sure you are still competitive for next cycle. Just keep your head up as Medical school is hard altogether, including the admissions process.Has anyone heard anything lately? Does anyone know whether the class is finalized or not at this point?
Good Luck
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K
- Replies
- 35
- Views
- 11K