You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2013-2014 Northwestern University Application Thread
Started by gettheleadout
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Dream school. I just wish they would accept me because I would accept them faster than a heart beat.
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So I read that they only allow 3 letters of recommendations. Unfortunately I selected all LoRs (5 individual letters) for every school on AMCAS and it says you can not remove LoRs from schools after submission. How do I make sure FSM only gets 3 instead of 5, maybe it will let me pick which ones in the secondary? Should I call?
Does anyone know the prompts yet?
Does anyone know the prompts yet?
Secondary isn't out yet (to my knowledge).
Secondary isn't out yet (to my knowledge).
Applying here too? Haha, are you from the chi?
Applying here too? Haha, are you from the chi?
Haha nope, born and raised around Madison. Chicago just has some awesome schools 😉
Haha nope, born and raised around Madison. Chicago just has some awesome schools 😉
Uh oh, packers? That's dangerous in Chicago lol
Uh oh, packers? That's dangerous in Chicago lol
I'll make sure to rock this shirt every fall semester during med school
Hi, so I would really appreciate it if your could tell me what my chances are for getting into Northwestern University. My GPA 3.9, I do not have my MCAT score yet but I think it will be around 31. In addition, I am an international student, which makes the situation worth 🙁 I have a lot of research, clinical, and leadership experience. Do I have any chances of getting in?
Last edited:
Hi, so I would really appreciate it if your could tell me what my chances are for getting into Northwestern University. My GPA 3.9, I do not have my MCAT score yet but I think it will be around 31. In addition, I am an international student, which makes the situation worth 🙁 I have a lot of research, clinical, and leadership experience. Do I have any chances of getting in?
Their average MCAT is higher than that but as long as your score is balanced and you present a good story I don't see why they wouldn't look at you. A look at their website says they have students from 9 foreign countries in the class of 2016.
A shout out to Northwestern Memorial residency program:
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/07/15/u...hearsal-for-life-or-death-medical-issues.html
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/07/15/u...hearsal-for-life-or-death-medical-issues.html
I plan on taking my MCAT Sept 7th, you think ill be screwed for applying to NU since I am taking it that late? I mean there is a reason why their deadline is Oct 15th right?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I plan on taking my MCAT Sept 7th, you think ill be screwed for applying to NU since I am taking it that late? I mean there is a reason why their deadline is Oct 15th right?
It's definitely late in the cycle, but if you can blow that MCAT out of the water, I don't see why they wouldn't consider you.
Hoping for the secondary soon and hopefully an interview invite. I am interviewing at U. Chicago on the 29th and it would be great to do my Northwestern interview (if I get one) then as well.
Undergrad here and I would be ecstatic to go to Feinberg...but it's a reach with my 3.2/32
+1. applying with 3.3/30
Hoping for the secondary soon and hopefully an interview invite. I am interviewing at U. Chicago on the 29th and it would be great to do my Northwestern interview (if I get one) then as well.
Well if Northwestern's delay is anything like last year, we'll get the secondary three days before we interview at Pritzker

Well if Northwestern's delay is anything like last year, we'll get the secondary three days before we interview at Pritzker![]()
Sorry, I meant 27th not 29th. I guess Northwestern won't work out then :/ These plane tickets are getting expensive
Sorry, I meant 27th not 29th. I guess Northwestern won't work out then :/ These plane tickets are getting expensive
Luckily Chicago is a short drive for me. But yeah, I'm thinking Northwestern will be quicker with the secondaries than last year, but I doubt they'll be quick enough to interview at the end of August.
Hoping for the secondary soon and hopefully an interview invite. I am interviewing at U. Chicago on the 29th and it would be great to do my Northwestern interview (if I get one) then as well.
Sorry, I meant 27th not 29th. I guess Northwestern won't work out then :/ These plane tickets are getting expensive
27th of what? September? August?
all quiet on the northwestern front...
Ha ha, clever.
From what I've been reading on here, it seems like Feinberg doesn't give much financial aid and winds up being very expensive. Can anyone support or refute this generalization?
One of my first choices... Where's my secondary?! 😕
From what I've been reading on here, it seems like Feinberg doesn't give much financial aid and winds up being very expensive. Can anyone support or refute this generalization?
I would decimate my credit and take out personal loans or borrow from the mob to attend Northwestern. DREAM SCHOOL. Maybe if what you say is true, there will be decent wait list movement for those keen to go to NU.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I would decimate my credit and take out personal loans or borrow from the mob to attend Northwestern. DREAM SCHOOL. Maybe if what you say is true, there will be decent wait list movement for those keen to go to NU.
Feinberg (eventually) accepts a ridiculously high percentage of people that interview. Like over 70%, according to US News. So get to the interview stage and you're in great shape 👍
Feinberg (eventually) accepts a ridiculously high percentage of people that interview. Like over 70%, according to US News. So get to the interview stage and you're in great shape 👍
Oh hey guys. Guess I'm adding Northwestern. Might as well. Love the school. Huge reach for me though. I'm literally right below their GPA range 😡
Bauman, you're in Madison?!?! Boooo!
Oh hey guys. Guess I'm adding Northwestern. Might as well. Love the school. Huge reach for me though. I'm literally right below their GPA range 😡
Bauman, you're in Madison?!?! Boooo!
Yes! Ironically enough, I'm actually in Chicago at the moment though. Probably 10 blocks or so from Feinberg, in fact 🙂
Yes! Ironically enough, I'm actually in Chicago at the moment though. Probably 10 blocks or so from Feinberg, in fact 🙂
Haha I was more making fun of the badgers. Guess it wasn't clear enough ha! I need to visit Chicago sometime.
Haha I was more making fun of the badgers. Guess it wasn't clear enough ha! I need to visit Chicago sometime.
Yeah, it's tough going to three Rose Bowls in a row and always making the NCAA tournament haha. What sports is the entire state of Minnesota good at again? 😛
Also, Chicago is awesome. Granted we're staying in Lincoln Park, so it's a pretty affluent area.
D
deleted549658
Haha I was more making fun of the badgers. Guess it wasn't clear enough ha! I need to visit Chicago sometime.
Making fun of the badgers? http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2003/sioncampus/09/10/top_ten0916/
Add that to being the 9th least obese city in the nation, the 3rd best city for young adults, and lots more...he probably just didn't understand why you would be trying to make fun of Madison! Absolutely amazing place to live, I've loved every minute of it
Making fun of the badgers? http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2003/sioncampus/09/10/top_ten0916/
Add that to being the 9th least obese city in the nation, the 3rd best city for young adults, and lots more...he probably just didn't understand why you would be trying to make fun of Madison! Absolutely amazing place to live, I've loved every minute of it
Nailed my thoughts exactly! 👍
Yeah, it's tough going to three Rose Bowls in a row and always making the NCAA tournament haha. What sports is the entire state of Minnesota good at again? 😛
Also, Chicago is awesome. Granted we're staying in Lincoln Park, so it's a pretty affluent area.
We're quite good at hockey... If that's a sport (kidding) but I am from the south so who knows.
Gotta say I loved every minute in Minneapolis too 😍
Making fun of the badgers? http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2003/sioncampus/09/10/top_ten0916/
Add that to being the 9th least obese city in the nation, the 3rd best city for young adults, and lots more...he probably just didn't understand why you would be trying to make fun of Madison! Absolutely amazing place to live, I've loved every minute of it
Amen! 👍 😍
I emailed Northwestern two days ago to ask about their secondary application process. They responded saying I would receive an email with the secondary in a week or two. HOWEVER I just got an email this morning saying they are no longer considering my file.
Does anyone know if it is possible that they are no longer considering me because I sent them an email? ...MSAR says they send secondaries to all verified AMCAS applicants...
Does anyone know if it is possible that they are no longer considering me because I sent them an email? ...MSAR says they send secondaries to all verified AMCAS applicants...
I emailed Northwestern two days ago to ask about their secondary application process. They responded saying I would receive an email with the secondary in a week or two. HOWEVER I just got an email this morning saying they are no longer considering my file.
Does anyone know if it is possible that they are no longer considering me because I sent them an email? ...MSAR says they send secondaries to all verified AMCAS applicants...
It certainly seems possible. Since at this point you really have nothing to lose, I'd send another email (or call) to ask if a mistake has been made. Bring up that by their own procedure, according to MSAR, their university sends secondaries to all verified AMCAS applicants. Good luck.
I emailed Northwestern two days ago to ask about their secondary application process. They responded saying I would receive an email with the secondary in a week or two. HOWEVER I just got an email this morning saying they are no longer considering my file.
Does anyone know if it is possible that they are no longer considering me because I sent them an email? ...MSAR says they send secondaries to all verified AMCAS applicants...
Patience is a virtue.
I emailed Northwestern two days ago to ask about their secondary application process. They responded saying I would receive an email with the secondary in a week or two. HOWEVER I just got an email this morning saying they are no longer considering my file.
Does anyone know if it is possible that they are no longer considering me because I sent them an email? ...MSAR says they send secondaries to all verified AMCAS applicants...
That seems pretty harsh. what exactly did you say in your email
That seems pretty harsh. what exactly did you say in your email
This.that email concerns me as well
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
last year, the secondaries didn't come out til 8/26 I think.
last year, the secondaries didn't come out til 8/26 I think.
Jayzus. I might as well not apply. Too much competition verified by AMCAS by then....
Jayzus. I might as well not apply. Too much competition verified by AMCAS by then....
yah, im a reapp. and my experiences from last year was if you don't submit by the first day or two, (I didn't submit til a week later), you're chances are significantly lower IMO
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K
- Replies
- 35
- Views
- 11K
