2013-2014 Tufts University Application Thread

Started by JJMrK
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I interviewed MT late January and was deferred in February.

Anyone know of any Maine Track students in past years who were deferred and then accepted (without being waitlisted first)? I'm being optimistic and hypothesizing that since they overenrolled last year they are being overly cautious with outright acceptances and thus will eventually accept many deferred applicants. Thoughts?
 
I interviewed MT late January and was deferred in February.

Anyone know of any Maine Track students in past years who were deferred and then accepted (without being waitlisted first)? I'm being optimistic and hypothesizing that since they overenrolled last year they are being overly cautious with outright acceptances and thus will eventually accept many deferred applicants. Thoughts?

I have no clue about specifics for the Maine track, but I do like that theory! Lol It definitely makes sense!
I am just praying for a yes.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
II this week - two dates available in late March. Can anyone comment on the set up of the interview day (start time, end time, etc.)? Thanks!
 
Starts around 9:45, bunch of presentations, lunch w/ students, then the group splits into two. One half goes on a tour while the other has their interviews then they swap. Ends around 4.
 
do you think the people who haven't heard back yet are on the waitlist for an interview? or do you think they just haven't gotten around to another round of rejections
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
yes, but no news on md track there yet; so figure a silent rejection but my stats were low and I was surprised to make it that far at tufts...
 
No II, no rejection, and I cannot even log on on the application site anymore. I tried resetting my password, but even the one that they sent me gets me an error message that may "login attempt was not successful." Sounds like the ultimate silent rejection - application? What application? Who are you? :whistle:
 
No II, no rejection, and I cannot even log on on the application site anymore. I tried resetting my password, but even the one that they sent me gets me an error message that may "login attempt was not successful." Sounds like the ultimate silent rejection - application? What application? Who are you? :whistle:
Same here. Keeping it classy in Boston. I feel used: I need a shower
 
No II, no rejection, and I cannot even log on on the application site anymore. I tried resetting my password, but even the one that they sent me gets me an error message that may "login attempt was not successful." Sounds like the ultimate silent rejection - application? What application? Who are you? :whistle:


Maybe the site was down for a bit. Mine seems to be working, and I'm pretty certain I've been silently rejected as well. Complete since mid-August, and nothing since. Are there even any interview dates left?
 
I don't believe there are.
Last time I checked only March 27th was left. There might be a few spots left that date, but I'm not sure!
 
Last edited:
Maybe the site was down for a bit. Mine seems to be working, and I'm pretty certain I've been silently rejected as well. Complete since mid-August, and nothing since. Are there even any interview dates left?
No, still does not work, has not worked for about a week.
 
My portal works, only date open is 3/27
My portal works, and I have not been invited for an II. What URL are you using? Can you try this link and see if you have any success? https://apply.med.tufts.edu/security/Login.aspx?ReturnUrl=/Applicant/Status/Status.aspx
Same. Works fine for me with no interview.
Strange, it does work when I tried again in a different browser. After that, it works in Safari too, where I was trying initially. Sorry for the false alarm. :eggface:
 
Got a very unexpected and very late interview invitation today at 5:15pm. Decided to go for it as my original goal for this cycle was to stay in Boston.

Stats on MDApps. Been complete since mid-August. Crazy - but definitely excited. Thought my cycle was over!
 
Last edited:
Got a very unexpected and very late interview invitation today at 5:15pm. Decided to go for it as my original goal for this cycle was the stay in Boston.

Stats on MDApps. Been complete since mid-August. Crazy - but definitely excited. Thought my cycle was over!

Omg congrats!!!!!!!! What date are you interviewing? Do you know how many are left?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Omg congrats!!!!!!!! What date are you interviewing? Do you know how many are left?

I'm interviewing on Tuesday - the scheduler only had availability for Tuesday and Thursday next week. Looking now, only Thursday is now open. Seems like only one day of interviews left and maybe just a handful of II might go out today or tomorrow to fill those spots.
 
+1 I haven't heard a word from them either. along with 5 others schools 🙁 waste of money!
Yeah -- sure is annoying. I applied to a couple of grad schools at the same time, and the attention sure is night and day. Zero contact from many med schools since August... and cards, letters, e-mails, phone calls, and event invitations from grad schools. Too bad I want to go to med school. 😉