You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2013-2014 Tufts University Application Thread
Started by JJMrK
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Has anyone ever emailed Emily Condon at Tufts and never gotten a response? Or is it just me?
She responded to my email about student hosts within a few days. One of the student hosts, however, never responded to me...
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
seems like tufts hasnt sent any invites in a while
seems like tufts hasnt sent any invites in a while
I got one last week (Th I think?) scheduled for the end of November.
seems like tufts hasnt sent any invites in a while
I feel like most schools have slowed down!
I feel like most schools have slowed down!
I second that... I thought it was just me, but it seems like the 9 posts in a row on these threads saying "II!" have stopped for now. I think schools are wrapping up their first rounds of interviews, my guess is another wave will come around mid or end of October
I second that... I thought it was just me, but it seems like the 9 posts in a row on these threads saying "II!" have stopped for now. I think schools are wrapping up their first rounds of interviews, my guess is another wave will come around mid or end of October
I sure hope so!
I second that... I thought it was just me, but it seems like the 9 posts in a row on these threads saying "II!" have stopped for now. I think schools are wrapping up their first rounds of interviews, my guess is another wave will come around mid or end of October
Hope you're right.
Rejected from MSTP just now, still in the running for MD I suppose. C: 9/4.
Anyone have luck with hosting? I'm interviewing Tuesday and haven't heard anything back from any yet. Do current students have any suggestions?
Anyone have luck with hosting? I'm interviewing Tuesday and haven't heard anything back from any yet. Do current students have any suggestions?
same thing happened to me. In the end, look into staying at one of the hostels around town. They're much cheaper than any hotel, and I think there are some really close to the school, if not walking distance then by bus
GL
Last edited:
Hi all - anyone have reason to believe we'll hear back around 10/15? My interview was in late September, and they said we might hear back in the last two weeks of October, but maybe in the first two weeks of November to be safe. Did they indicate any earlier or more specific timeline to others? I know this is all a waiting game, but this is the first school I might hear from so I'm excited 🙂
Hi all - anyone have reason to believe we'll hear back around 10/15? My interview was in late September, and they said we might hear back in the last two weeks of October, but maybe in the first two weeks of November to be safe. Did they indicate any earlier or more specific timeline to others? I know this is all a waiting game, but this is the first school I might hear from so I'm excited 🙂
They told my group (early Oct) by they would try getting back to us by second week of November, but if not then before December
Got the acceptance call about an hour ago! Definitely couldn't keep my cool. I'm SO EXCITED!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
got the acceptance call about an hour ago! Definitely couldn't keep my cool. I'm so excited!
+1!!🙂🙂
Got an acceptance call this morning too! So surprised and excited to get it - they told us to expect decisions in mid November!
wait whaaatt? When did u interview?
Congrats to everyone who's been accepted!! 🙂
interviewed mid-september, PM me if you want the exact date.wait whaaatt? When did u interview?
Congrats to everyone who's been accepted!! 🙂
Good luck to those who are still waiting!!
Accccceeeppppttttteddddd!!!!! They called me by the wrong name the first time, then called back!!!! I wasn't able to sleep all night. I answered that phone call in 2 rings.
I was expecting them in November! Guys, we're going to be doctors no matter what! 
I was expecting them in November! Guys, we're going to be doctors no matter what! 
Accccceeeppppttttteddddd!!!!! They called me by the wrong name the first time, then called back!!!! I wasn't able to sleep all night. I answered that phone call in 2 rings.I was expecting them in November! Guys, we're going to be doctors no matter what!
![]()
Congrats! Did they call you just now or early in the morning?
Congrats! Did they call you just now or early in the morning?
Maybe 15 minutes ago. They are still going down a list, it sounds like!
interviewed mid-september, PM me if you want the exact date.
Good luck to those who are still waiting!!
O ok thanks for answering! I only interviewed last week, so I highly doubt I'll hear from them today.
Accccceeeppppttttteddddd!!!!! They called me by the wrong name the first time, then called back!!!! I wasn't able to sleep all night. I answered that phone call in 2 rings.I was expecting them in November! Guys, we're going to be doctors no matter what!
![]()
Congrats!!!! 🙂
O ok thanks for answering! I only interviewed last week, so I highly doubt I'll hear from them today.
Were you one of the people who got the "guaranteed acceptance" for asking Emily a question? 😉
Haha I checked out your mdapps and I interviewed the same day! Let's hope we don't actually have to wait until November for a decision 😀
Got a "deferred decision" email today. Sounds like it's the next best thing to being accepted because it's not a wait list and it's not a rejection.
From the email:
"This letter does not mean that you have been Wait-Listed. Please do not be discouraged; it is not at all uncommon for our committee to place qualified applicants in the deferred decision category, and many applicants initially placed in this category will ultimately be admitted."
Anyone else receive this? I'm really crossing my fingers for Tufts, it's one of my top two choices.
From the email:
"This letter does not mean that you have been Wait-Listed. Please do not be discouraged; it is not at all uncommon for our committee to place qualified applicants in the deferred decision category, and many applicants initially placed in this category will ultimately be admitted."
Anyone else receive this? I'm really crossing my fingers for Tufts, it's one of my top two choices.
Got a "deferred decision" email today. Sounds like it's the next best thing to being accepted because it's not a wait list and it's not a rejection.
From the email:
"This letter does not mean that you have been Wait-Listed. Please do not be discouraged; it is not at all uncommon for our committee to place qualified applicants in the deferred decision category, and many applicants initially placed in this category will ultimately be admitted."
Anyone else receive this? I'm really crossing my fingers for Tufts, it's one of my top two choices.
+1. Not quite sure what to make of it.
+1. Not quite sure what to make of it.
I'm happy with it haha, much better than a wait list or a rejection at this point.
+1. Not quite sure what to make of it.
They have a quota for acceptances. You didn't quite make the first batch but they obviously think that you're competitive enough to receive an acceptance in subsequent rounds.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congrats to everyone accepted! Do you guys know when they'll let us know if we received merit scholarships?
Congrats to everyone accepted! Do you guys know when they'll let us know if we received merit scholarships?
No idea. Maybe what they're sending us in the mail will explain.
Were you one of the people who got the "guaranteed acceptance" for asking Emily a question? 😉
Haha I checked out your mdapps and I interviewed the same day! Let's hope we don't actually have to wait until November for a decision 😀
HA! Omg that was me! I was the first girl that answered. Did we talk at all?
And yea *fingers crossed* we hear good news sooner than we think 🙂
II today! Waited too long to schedule and the November options filled up but I'll be there 12/5. Best news I've gotten today 🙂
That's awesome! When were you complete? I've been waiting to hear for a while now. Maybe it will be soon 🙂
(and if it is soon I really hope it's good news
)That's awesome! When were you complete? I've been waiting to hear for a while now. Maybe it will be soon 🙂(and if it is soon I really hope it's good news
)
7/23 so quite a while back. Good luck!
Accepted today!!! Interviewed late September. Ahhh!
II yesterday!!! awesome day!
congrats! it's hard to be in the boat of still waiting for interviews when everyone is already getting acceptances. when was your application complete?
II yesterday!!! awesome day!
Grats! Complete date?
Is anyone applying to the MD/MA program?
Also I haven't heard a word from then since I was complete in late August. 🙁
I think all of us late August people are in the same boat. Still haven't heard anything either. I sent an update earlier this week to make them think about me 😉 (I did actually have a real update) hopefully they'll get to our apps in the next well or so.

I think all of us late August people are in the same boat. Still haven't heard anything either. I sent an update earlier this week to make them think about me 😉 (I did actually have a real update) hopefully they'll get to our apps in the next well or so.![]()
Haha. I was thinking about sending them an update too but I don't think It's important enough. Should I tell them if I'm going to be out of the country for like 2 weeks in January?
congrats! it's hard to be in the boat of still waiting for interviews when everyone is already getting acceptances. when was your application complete?
amcas complete 8/27, secondary sent in soon after that!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
II just now!!! SOO excited
Complete 9/10 🙂
Congrats!!!! Kind of a bad news for us late August peeps tho .
II just now!!! SOO excited
Complete 9/10 🙂
Congrats! 😀

and since you were September I guess they have gotten to the late August people... not quite as hopeful anymore 🙁 but that's not going to stop me from refreshing my email every 10 minutes!
Also II!
Anyone know what time of day the interview starts? I have a 8pm final on the west coast the day before an available date, and trying to see if I can somehow make it the next day...
Check-in begins at 9:45am and the day starts at 10:00am.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K
- Replies
- 35
- Views
- 11K