You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2013-2014 Tufts University Application Thread
Started by JJMrK
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Do you get a response after sending in an update letter?
I didn't. Then again, I'm not sure how consistent schools are about this; there have been cases where I received a confirmation from several schools on one update occasion and not the next time I sent them updates (and vice versa).
I didn't. Then again, I'm not sure how consistent schools are about this; there have been cases where I received a confirmation from several schools on one update occasion and not the next time I sent them updates (and vice versa).
When I sent an update pre-interview last year, I didn't get a confirmation, but things from my update were definitely asked about in my interview later in the year. So they look at them, print them out, and include them in your file!
Are there any current med students here who are willing to answer some questions I have? If so, I'd love for you to PM me so I can get some more information. Thanks!
Feel free to PM me with any questions you may have (I'm currently an M2) and I'll try to get back to you within a couple of days.
Holy ****!! I'm going to be a doctor!!!! Got the call this morning! Didn't pick up, but Dr. Neumeyer left a message.
Holy ****!! I'm going to be a doctor!!!! Got the call this morning! Didn't pick up, but Dr. Neumeyer left a message.
Congrats!!!!
Has anyone interviewed on the Maine Track yet or is there a different thread for that which I haven't seen yet?
Maine Track people have been posting here. There aren't many of us. I actually withdrew from it a week or two ago, but a friend of mine interviewed for it and was accepted recently so it's definitely in full swing.
Maine Track people have been posting here. There aren't many of us. I actually withdrew from it a week or two ago, but a friend of mine interviewed for it and was accepted recently so it's definitely in full swing.
Good to hear! I know in the past there had been separate threads so just checking. I'll be there 11/15!
congrats! when did you interview?Just got the call as well. My second acceptance, I'm psyched!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does tufts do silent rejections? I've been complete since July...
Does tufts do silent rejections? I've been complete since July...
Re-app here. Last year, they didn't reject anyone until April. This year, also complete in July, silence since.
I interviewed October 8th.
+1Does tufts do silent rejections? I've been complete since July...
complete late July and silence since.
Has anyone interviewed on the Maine Track yet or is there a different thread for that which I haven't seen yet?
I interviewed for MT on 10/18. Nervously awaiting a phone call!
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Good luck! How long did they say until you hear back?
Good luck! How long did they say until you hear back?
They said mid-November, so it's getting close.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
bumpHi! My first interview of the cycle will be at Tufts in two weeks (Nov. 14). Any tips on how to prepare? Should I try to do a mock interview before? Also, any specifics about the Tufts interview day would be much appreciated. Thanks!
To prepare, follow the standard protocol of re-reading your primary/secondary apps, and read their website thoroughly. A mock interview could be helpful depending on how well you feel you interview; however, don't try to rehearse word-for-word answers for common questions, just have a general idea of what you want to say.bump
As far as specifics go, you can PM me any direct questions, but it's pretty much all there in the email.
Accepted today! Interviewed Oct 8. So pumped, this is my top choice so far.
Accepted today! Interviewed Oct 8. So pumped, this is my top choice so far.
Congrats! Maine or regular track?
Regular track for me. I applied MD/MBA, but I will probably withdraw my MBA application after taking a closer look at the cost...Congrats! Maine or regular track?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
thanks!To prepare, follow the standard protocol of re-reading your primary/secondary apps, and read their website thoroughly. A mock interview could be helpful depending on how well you feel you interview; however, don't try to rehearse word-for-word answers for common questions, just have a general idea of what you want to say.
As far as specifics go, you can PM me any direct questions, but it's pretty much all there in the email.
Deferred this morning.
Is that their form of wait list or are you saying you requested to defer your acceptance until next year?
Sorry for the lack of clarity! I got deferred this morning by the admissions committee. Probably going to turn into a waitlist in MayIs that their form of wait list or are you saying you requested to defer your acceptance until next year?
I was also deferred by adcom today. Interviewed 10/8.Deferred this morning.
Anyone from west coast get an acceptance? I'm wondering if they deferred me due to location. My interviews went well, but I did get a bit of hesitation when I answered the "So you're from CA, why come to Tufts/Boston?" type question.
I was also deferred by adcom today. Interviewed 10/8.
Anyone from west coast get an acceptance? I'm wondering if they deferred me due to location. My interviews went well, but I did get a bit of hesitation when I answered the "So you're from CA, why come to Tufts/Boston?" type question.
Same here. From Ca and I thought the interviews went well, but deferred this morning. Oh well.
I was also deferred by adcom today. Interviewed 10/8.
Anyone from west coast get an acceptance? I'm wondering if they deferred me due to location. My interviews went well, but I did get a bit of hesitation when I answered the "So you're from CA, why come to Tufts/Boston?" type question.
I don't mean to discount your reasoning or say your interview didn't go well of course, but I doubt your being from CA is the reason. There are a lotsss of people at Tufts from California, so I find it hard to believe they'd be discriminatory on that count.
I was also deferred by adcom today. Interviewed 10/8.
Anyone from west coast get an acceptance? I'm wondering if they deferred me due to location. My interviews went well, but I did get a bit of hesitation when I answered the "So you're from CA, why come to Tufts/Boston?" type question.
I'm from New York and got deferred.
Also, honestly I've abandoned the whole idea that interviews are such a deciding factor in admissions. Obviously this might vary based on school and based on how good your GPA/MCAT is, but I had an interview where the student interviewer basically said the questions he had to ask were BS and that he would give me a great evaluation, and the faculty interviewer spent time telling me how they make decisions and telling me he was going to give me a good evaluation and wanted to know from me some good things he can tell the ad comm. I was later rejected.
I'm from New York and got deferred.
Also, honestly I've abandoned the whole idea that interviews are such a deciding factor in admissions. Obviously this might vary based on school and based on how good your GPA/MCAT is, but I had an interview where the student interviewer basically said the questions he had to ask were BS and that he would give me a great evaluation, and the faculty interviewer spent time telling me how they make decisions and telling me he was going to give me a good evaluation and wanted to know from me some good things he can tell the ad comm. I was later rejected.
Wait... So you're deferred or rejected?
Wait... So you're deferred or rejected?
Haha deferred, I meant interview at another school where I was rejected lol
I know there are lots of people from CA at Tufts, but I'm not sure if most of them were accepted after deferral or not. Of course, I'm just trying to add some reason to an unreasonable admissions process haha.I don't mean to discount your reasoning or say your interview didn't go well of course, but I doubt your being from CA is the reason. There are a lotsss of people at Tufts from California, so I find it hard to believe they'd be discriminatory on that count.
I'm from New York and got deferred.
Also, honestly I've abandoned the whole idea that interviews are such a deciding factor in admissions. Obviously this might vary based on school and based on how good your GPA/MCAT is, but I had an interview where the student interviewer basically said the questions he had to ask were BS and that he would give me a great evaluation, and the faculty interviewer spent time telling me how they make decisions and telling me he was going to give me a good evaluation and wanted to know from me some good things he can tell the ad comm. I was later rejected.
I totally agree that it's based on school and your overall competitiveness, but I mean, if you're equally tied statswise and with roughly equal ECs (as if that can even be quantified i guess), then your interview would be a decisive factor. And from a friend who is a student adcom interviewer, I know at one school where the interview is essentially the deciding factor (as in you get a secondary based on your primary + stats, you get an II based on your responses on the secondary, and you get accepted based on the interview).
I was also deferred by adcom today. Interviewed 10/8.
Anyone from west coast get an acceptance? I'm wondering if they deferred me due to location. My interviews went well, but I did get a bit of hesitation when I answered the "So you're from CA, why come to Tufts/Boston?" type question.
I'm from CA and I was accepted on Monday, so I doubt it has to do with region. Sorry to hear about your deferral, but at least there's hope!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Same!Anyone's status on the Tufts application page go from "AMCAS Verified" to "AMCAS not verified"? Been complete for months, but now my application says "Not ready for review."
Last edited:
Anyone's status on the Tufts application page go from "AMCAS Verified" to "AMCAS not verified"? Been complete for months, but now my application says "Not ready for review."
+1. I'm not taking it as a good sign.
Considering that my Case Western application frequently changes from "Under Review" to "No Interview Invitation," I don't think it's unreasonable to expect that they could have a glitch in their system. I mean, you could be right that it's a source of worry. But not necessarily.
Edit - just checked mine, and it still says "Verified" .. Now, maybe that holds meaning, maybe it doesn't, but I'm not jumping to judgments till I see a rejection or II in my inbox. 🙂
Edit - just checked mine, and it still says "Verified" .. Now, maybe that holds meaning, maybe it doesn't, but I'm not jumping to judgments till I see a rejection or II in my inbox. 🙂
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K
- Replies
- 35
- Views
- 11K