2013 TCOM Waitlist Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Aggieland

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I want to begin this thread as TCOM supposedly has lots of waitlist movement. If possible can you list whether you are:

-"Under Review", "Waitlisted", or "Rejected/no longer considered"
- Medical Science MS student? Yes/No?
- And post the most recent date when your status has changed.
-Waitlisted/Accepted but still waiting on another school?
-Waitlisted/Accepted but will definitely decline my spot at TCOM?

_______

I'm a non-med sci, still "under review" for months now (January).

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

-"Waitlisted"
- Medical Science MS student: Yes
- And post the most recent date when your status has changed: 13 May 2013
-Waitlisted/Accepted but will definitely accept my spot at TCOM? most definitely I would accept my spot if offered!!!

Thought I would join you all in here :D

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
-"Waitlisted"
- Medical Science MS student: Yes
- And post the most recent date when your status has changed: 13 May 2013
-Waitlisted/Accepted but will definitely decline my spot at TCOM? most definitely

Thought I would join you all in here :D

You would most definitely decline if accepted?

-waitlisted
-MedSci
-status changed to "waitlist" on 5/13
-waitlisted at 2 other schools
-will most likely accept at TCOM

-under review for eternity
-med science student
-only TX interview
-will accept.

When did you guys interview? I interviewed beginning of November.

When did you guys interview? I interviewed beginning of November.

December here. I'm guessing we won't hear any new status updates until Monday now. Unless you or someone else can comment that someone's status changed on another date in the past. :(

-waitlisted
-medical science MS student: No
-waitlisted ~ Match Day
-accepted at another school, only on waitlist at TCOM
-will attend if accepted off waitlist

I interviewed in November

-Under review
-Med Sci Student
-Status has been under review since I interviewed in October
-Only Texas interview, will definitely accept

A MedSci is surrendering their position for TCOM, so one seat is up for grabs, just thought you all might want to know that!

- Offered Acceptance 5/14. Interviewed in November.
- Medical Science MS student? No
-Waitlisted/Accepted but still waiting on another school? Waitlisted at 6 other Texas schools. Guess not anymore.
-Accepted, would accept other acceptances if offered.

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know approximately how many MedScis are in the Class of 2017?

I want to say about 25 or so, but that is such a low number compared to previous years (usually it is 40 or 50 from what I have been told)

I want to say about 25 or so, but that is such a low number compared to previous years (usually it is 40 or 50 from what I have been told)

Does anyone know how many Med-Scis are waitlisted or under review? How many has been rejected so far? From the forums I'm guessing there's 3 spots open thus far and think more spots will open up this week.

Does anyone know how many Med-Scis are waitlisted or under review? How many has been rejected so far? From the forums I'm guessing there's 3 spots open thus far and think more spots will open up this week.

Not sure, but it seems like a 50/50 split perhaps. This is really crazy that it's June 3rd already and not even a pipsqueak from admissions. Does admissions realize people may have to move in case TCOM doesn't work out!? :confused:

Not sure, but it seems like a 50/50 split perhaps. This is really crazy that it's June 3rd already and not even a pipsqueak from admissions. Does admissions realize people may have to move in case TCOM doesn't work out!? :confused:

hahah no kidding. Sucks. I am in the same boat.

-Waitlisted
- Medical Science MS student? No, I'm out of state
- And post the most recent date when your status has changed: sometime in January
-Waitlisted/Accepted but still waiting on another school? accepted at other schools
-Waitlisted/Accepted but will definitely decline my spot at TCOM? no

I interviewed back in August, waitlisted in October, online portal changed in January, hope given up... long time ago.

-"Waitlisted"
- Medical Science MS student? Yes
- Status changed to waitlist 05/13/13
- I am waitlisted only with TCOM
- Will accept

Some people from the Med Sci program were rejected last week.

Hope this helps!

Hey - I am a med sci in the same boat as a lot of you - my status is still under review. I assumed it meant I was rejected since many of our classmates' status changed to waitlist in mid May. Do you know how the medsci students that were rejected were notified? Did their status change to something other than "under review?" I haven't received any letters or emails indicating a rejection - but at this stage it seems strange that some of us haven't been reviewed yet.

Maybe I'm reading too much into it.

Last edited:
Someone in another thread said the rejections were by snail-mail. No idea if there was a status change with it or not.

Hey - I am a med sci in the same boat as a lot of you - my status is still under review. I assumed it meant I was rejected since many of our classmates' status changed to waitlist in mid May. Do you know how the medsci students that were rejected were notified? Did their status change to something other than "under review?" I haven't received any letters or emails indicating a rejection - but at this stage it seems strange that some of us haven't been reviewed yet.

Maybe I'm reading too much into it.

If your status changes from "under review" to "has been reviewed" that means you probably got rejected. People who were rejected were notified by snail mail. Based on last year's forums, a bunch of Med-scis (about 10) were accepted mid-June. So don't lose hope. I know it's nerve racking. I hope ADCom knows how painful it is to wait this long.

Isn't it ironic that a few of those who were accepted recently to TCOM ended up dumping the school when they got accepted to an MD school in Texas...

Does TCOM think "we need to stop selecting students who use us as a safety/like us least?" :thumbup:

Isn't it ironic that a few of those who were accepted recently to TCOM ended up dumping the school when they got accepted to an MD school in Texas...

Does TCOM think "we need to stop selecting students who use us as a safety/like us least?" :thumbup:

Yeah, it does make me sad that they are ditching a great school for something else because it will lead them to getting a DO instead of an MD, when in reality there is no difference at all between the two in terms of medical knowledge or treatment

By the way, I will throw my analysis out there and say that the next movement will be around next Wednesday (12 June), and then the next one will be two weeks from that point (26 June). I am basing this off of the last five years worth of wait list notifications on SDN, with the dates averaging between 9 and 16 for the first wave, and 27 and 30 for the second wave. On both, the paired dates were two weeks apart and averaged around Wednesday, so that should be a good standard point for gauging wait list movements.

Also, from those who have said that this year has little to no wait list movement, it could be a late year (unfortunately), so everyone keep hopes high and continue to work on other things! :D

Yeah, it does make me sad that they are ditching a great school for something else because it will lead them to getting a DO instead of an MD, when in reality there is no difference at all between the two in terms of medical knowledge or treatment

By the way, I will throw my analysis out there and say that the next movement will be around next Wednesday (12 June), and then the next one will be two weeks from that point (26 June). I am basing this off of the last five years worth of wait list notifications on SDN, with the dates averaging between 9 and 16 for the first wave, and 27 and 30 for the second wave. On both, the paired dates were two weeks apart and averaged around Wednesday, so that should be a good standard point for gauging wait list movements.

Also, from those who have said that this year has little to no wait list movement, it could be a late year (unfortunately), so everyone keep hopes high and continue to work on other things! :D

When is the first day of classes?

First day of classes is in late July, the 22nd I think?

I think those of us that are still under review will have a decision made (even if it's "waitlisted") by the end of next week.

Unfortunately, I think it's probably pretty difficult for an admissions committee to accurately determine the intentions of an applicant. However, it makes no difference to me - if people want to give up their TCOM seats - no complaints here! More room the rest of us.

Also waitlisted here, since February. Regular, no medsci.
Would decline my two acceptances and move to Fort Worth in a heartbeat.

My status updated this morning from "under review" to "you are on the waitlist."

Nice! :D Looks like your getting in! aren't you med sci? isn't that what happened to everyone who got in with the last wave?

My understanding was that while all the med scis accepted in May were put on the waitlist first, but not all the med scis who were put on the wait list that week have been accepted.

I'm just happy I'm not under review anymore. Made me feel like my app was sitting in a dusty closet somewhere.

Facebook hasn't blown up with any acceptances this morning, so I'm going to guess that if there are any there going to go out next week as predicted.

Last edited:
Good luck to everyone. I hope you all get in :)

Last edited:
Any more good news today? I still suspect there will be more movement next week.

Any more good news today? I still suspect there will be more movement next week.

No good news here. I just wonder how many people are on the wait-list now. Maybe if I pray to Andrew T. Still my dreams will come true.

Was anyone "has been reviewed" today?

Is there even any reason left that people would withdraw an acceptance? It seems the holding on to multiple acceptances has passed right? Are we just waiting on people to drop TCOM if they got accepted to Harvard or something? :rolleyes:

I'm not totally sure they've filled the class yet. In the past (based on these forums) there have been a pretty good amount of acceptances from mid-June up until the start of classes.

Last year there were 55 medsci students accepted to TCOM. As far as I can tell, there has only been about 30 so far.

Also, it seems as if acceptance calls are only issued in the mornings. Safe to say that if you see a call from an (817) 735-____ in the morning, you have reason for your heart to skip a beat. :D

So far, I count four Med Scis that have been accepted today

Hmm. I hope there are more next week. That makes me a little nervous.

I wonder if the ones that were accepted were all pulled of the wait list or if any of them went straight from under review --> accepted.

Every time I see a new acceptance my optimism takes a kick in the crotch. :(

35 MedScis to date have been accepted into TCOM Class of 2017 (I didn't count two because I have never seen or heard of them before), factoring in the five new inductees (used a cross reference between TCOM Class of 2017 and MedSci 2012-2013 groups), so maybe 10-20 more spots left for Med Scis remaining :(

Every time I see a new acceptance my optimism takes a kick in the crotch. :(

5 or greater MedSci acceptances today now. About 33 plus/minus a few in TCOM already that I've counted including bridge students. Ug.

I hope so. Need some good news next week. I crossed reference as well - but I'm sure there are probably a few more who either don't have a facebook or haven't joined the group yet.

Maybe by next Friday morning, we will all hear some good news. Really hope everyone WL here gets in.

I have a feeling that almost everyone with a 3.5+ is probably waitlisted, minus maybe those with MCAT scores in the low 20s or something.

Is it possible that MedScis get a little extra boost on the WL ranking perhaps? Or if OOS gets a disadvantage? Seems like today has been only in-state med-scis with acceptances.

I feel like Robb Stark getting stabbed in the gut while hearing "TCOM sends their regards"

OOS has some disadvantage based on the fact that Texas schools have to accept 90% Texas residents. Other than that, no idea.