-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2014-2015 Central Michigan University Application Thread
Started by gettheleadout
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
About 36
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have no idea, I submitted my secondary back in mid-August and still haven't heard jack. I called them, said the last interview is to be held on Feb 20th. So I asked if I should assume that I'm rejected, she said "if you still haven't heard from us, then that's good news". I'm not sure how 10 days before the final interview date with no II indicates good news. I'm Canadian maybe that is why they're taking forever, jeez USMD schools are allergic to Canadians, like we're labelled with "handle with caution".
Ya that seems crazy that those that haven't heard anything back at this point are in good hands. If the last interview day is in 8 days I can't imagine I will be receiving an interview for a date that's a week away. CMU must silently reject.
Lol - I sent in an update letter and had a rejection email in my inbox no less than 2 hours later.
I guess that's one way to accelerate the inevitable!
Good luck, folks.
I guess that's one way to accelerate the inevitable!
Good luck, folks.
.
Last edited:
Can I ask why the founding dean, Yoder, left?
Me tooReceived a phone call a couple hours ago. Anyone else accepted for Fall of 2015??
Can I ask why the founding dean, Yoder, left?
Quick search brought me this.
http://www.cm-life.com/article/2014/06/cmed-founding-dean-yoder-announces-resignation
Anyone hear anything new or any updates?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
S
Sc1entific
I've heard nothing. Waitlisted in October.Has anyone here who was waitlisted been accepted yet?
waitlisted in october too, did not hear anything. I dont think they have ranked the waitlists as of yet.
I was accepted off the priority waitlist this week. From interview day, it sounded like there will definitely be waitlist movement. I will be withdrawing, so hopefully it goes to one of you. Good luck!
I was accepted off the priority waitlist this week. From interview day, it sounded like there will definitely be waitlist movement. I will be withdrawing, so hopefully it goes to one of you. Good luck!
I've been waiting on the priority waitlist since November! When did you get the call?
I'm on the hold list, doubting I will get any news though
ACCEPTED!!! AHHH!! Fire up Chips!
obvi there is something shady going on here. A founding dean doesn't just up and leave.Quick search brought me this.
http://www.cm-life.com/article/2014/06/cmed-founding-dean-yoder-announces-resignation
This was asked about at my interview day. There is nothing shady going on haha.obvi there is something shady going on here. A founding dean doesn't just up and leave.
The founding dean himself said that his passion is in starting things up and getting them off the ground. Once he feels like they are running smoothly he then passes off the torch to others for maintaining what he's started.
Chill.
you honestly buy that?This was asked about at my interview day. There is nothing shady going on haha.
The founding dean himself said that his passion is in starting things up and getting them off the ground. Once he feels like they are running smoothly he then passes off the torch to others for maintaining what he's started.
Chill.
I agree, the resignation sounds very shady, along with how there aren't financial problems "...yet" coupled with a notable increase in tuition fees for this year.you honestly buy that?
Anyway....
Does anyone know when offers off the non-priority waitlist will begin?
Yep!you honestly buy that?
Anyways, good luck with your application and this whole process.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Accepted off the regular waitlist!!! Got a call from a number I didn't recognize so I didn't answer, I guess it was Central. Got an email this morning! Don't know if they will call again lol
After being on the waitlist since early November, got an acceptance call/email today! I loved the school, although since I've been accepted to a more established program, I probably won't be attending. However, given that CMU has just signed an agreement with St. John Hospital and Medical Center in Detroit, they are continuing to prove that they know what they're doing! Likely going to decline my acceptance, so hopefully it goes to someone that needs one still! Good luck friends 🙂
3.63c/3.59s/32. IS. II in October, interviewed late October, put on the waitlist (NOT the priority waitlist), accepted today (5/5).congrats to those accepted. do you guys mind posting your stats? also did anyone write an update letter?
Congrats to everyone getting calls! Hoping I get some OOS love and get one soon!
3.6s, 3.6c, 24, OOS. Accepted back in November thoughcongrats to those accepted. do you guys mind posting your stats? also did anyone write an update letter?
S
Sc1entific
I missed a call from a cmed number yesterday but was really busy until into the evening and did not return it - there was no voicemail and no email as of yet. Has anyone else experienced this? Should I call back, call CMED and ask what's up, or do nothing?
S
Sc1entific
Nevermind, just got allllll the emails. Accepted! IS, 28, 3.6I missed a call from a cmed number yesterday but was really busy until into the evening and did not return it - there was no voicemail and no email as of yet. Has anyone else experienced this? Should I call back, call CMED and ask what's up, or do nothing?
Hi,
Has anyone heard anything? I called in a few times but admissions was very vague with their responses. Just anxious because it is mid-May.
Thanks in advance for your updates!
Has anyone heard anything? I called in a few times but admissions was very vague with their responses. Just anxious because it is mid-May.
Thanks in advance for your updates!
was accepted a couple of days ago.
Canadian applicant, 34 mcat, 3.87cGPA, 3.96 sGPA.
Canadian applicant, 34 mcat, 3.87cGPA, 3.96 sGPA.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I had to make the same decision.
Rejected from the hold list today, unfortunate, but I saw that coming in December
Ahhhhhh... was just accepted! Now for the decision between CMU or MSUCOM! Leaning very heavily toward CMU though.
I had to make the same decision.
I was in the same boat as you two. I was accepted last week off the wait list but ended up withdrawing and going with MSUCOM. Both are great schools so it came down to personal factors for me. Hope whoever is still waiting to hear back gets my spot!
I had to make the same decision.
Where did you decide to go, if I may ask?
Where did you decide to go, if I may ask?
I decided going to CMU. Hopefully I will see you this semester!
