2014-2015 Creighton University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
For those admitted, does anyone know what to do after paying the deposit?

I'm assuming we'll all have to send transcripts, get drug tested, etc.; when will get information about this?

Things you need to do right now: pay your deposits, send in your transcripts, and start getting any last immunizations. You'll get information later in the summer about logging into the network, paying your tuition, and submitting you immunization record. You'll also get drug tested during orientation. There's not much left to do until summer.
 
So my letters of recommendation have disappeared off of my portal. I interviewed on 12/5. I don't know what to expect. As a reapplicant, I am TERRIFIED.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
If you're rejected pre-interview, will it be updated to say so on the portal? Or will we just be notified by email? Is there a point in checking the portal until you have an interview?

Trying to figure out different portal systems for some of these med schools...
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Reading through the previous posts the interview seems pretty relaxed, but does anyone know which current healthcare topics they will ask about?

Hi! First off, congrats on the II! The questions you will be asked will depend on your interviewers. I interviewed with one faculty and one med school student. The questions they asked revolved mainly around my application and what I am currently doing. I think they just want to get to know you as an applicant.

Browse through this link if you want a better idea of the type of questions they'll ask:
http://schools.studentdoctor.net/school/creighton/survey/26#survey-result
 
Last edited:
Hi! First off, congrats on the II! The questions you will be asked will depend on your interviewers. I interviewed with one faculty and one med school student. The questions they asked revolved mainly around my application and what I am currently doing. I think they just want to get to know you as an applicant.

Browse through this link if you want a better idea of the type of questions they'll as:
http://schools.studentdoctor.net/school/creighton/survey/26#survey-result
Thank you so much for the quick reply!!
 
I recently got an email asking me to upload updates about my Fall 2014 grades and the courses that I'm currently taking. I uploaded them right away. Does anyone have any insight into how long it will take until I hear my final decision? Thanks!
 
Complete 9/11, haven't heard a thing since, should I assume rejection? Any thoughts?

Just skimming through here, it looks like a lot of us are in that boat. I don't ever assume rejection until I actually get a rejection. I wouldn't totally write it off, but it is getting late in the interview season. I just keep constantly refreshing my e-mail and hoping for the best.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
II today as well. Does anyone know approximately how many class seats remain? Or if we are close to interviewing for the waitlist?
 
I've been complete since 7/9 and haven't heard anything...I actually forgot about it since it's been so long!
 
I've been re-reading through this thread and last year's thread and I have found multiple different answers to this, so can anyone clarify: do we have 2 interviews, or 3? Also, I know there have been a few posts on this already, but would anyone who recently interviewed or was recently accepted like to elaborate a bit on what interview day was like? Thanks!
 
I've been re-reading through this thread and last year's thread and I have found multiple different answers to this, so can anyone clarify: do we have 2 interviews, or 3? Also, I know there have been a few posts on this already, but would anyone who recently interviewed or was recently accepted like to elaborate a bit on what interview day was like? Thanks!

I had two interviews. One with a faculty member and one with a medical student. It was pretty informal. The interview portion of the day focused on my application, extracurriculars, why creighton, why do I want to be a doctor, what did I get out of a certain activity or service project? Then here were just some lectures, a tour, lunch, and student panel. Very relaxed!
 
Interview day starts at 8:00 am. Breakfast is provided, and they'll do a few talks about the medical school, financial aid, etc. Then you'll have two generally laid-back interviews, each 30-45 minutes. Then it's lunch with current M2s, a tour of the hospital, a tour of the campus, then a wrap-up talk with Dr. Quinn. You should be done around 3:00pm.
 
Anyone know where to send an LOI? I am waitlisted. The portal only has places for updates and I am not really updating anything, so it doesnt fit any of those categories. Thanks!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad