2014-2015 Creighton University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Thank you! Interviewed February 27thh

Members don't see this ad.

Does anyone know how to withdraw from Creighton to receive the deposit back? I can't seem to find the document.

Members don't see this ad :)
Interviewed 2/28/15; letters came down today and invite to a day with the jays :)

Reactions: 1 users
So... Anyone else writing or have written a letter of intent/interest to CU? How did you format it?

Dr. Quinn did say that no one was taken off the waitlist last year, but I asked and he said that was the first time it has ever happened, and it was only because AMCAS was so slow last year. This year, AMCAS had it's stuff more together and stayed on schedule, so he said they do expect to take people from the waitlist this year, and that normally that's been about 30-40 students. There is no rank system, they just review waitlist applicants as spots open up.

hope this helps! I am staying hopeful. Interviewed 2/20 so expecting to hear back early next week. . .
Thank you! Congrats on getting accepted! Hopefully I'll get off haha. I love Creighton!

So... Anyone else writing or have written a letter of intent/interest to CU? How did you format it?
When did you interview? When I wrote my thank you notes post interview I was bold. I wrote that Creighton was my top choice and I would matriculate if given the chance. It worked!

Reactions: 1 user
Does anyone know how to withdraw from Creighton to receive the deposit back? I can't seem to find the document.
I'm having the same problem. I think I read somewhere that they require something written to withdraw, but I don't know if that means snail mail or e-mail. And I don't know who to send it to. My guess is we can e-mail the Office of Admissions, but I really don't know.

When did you interview? When I wrote my thank you notes post interview I was bold. I wrote that Creighton was my top choice and I would matriculate if given the chance. It worked!
I interviewed 2/13 and already sent in thank you notes... haha maybe I should have done that. I'm planning to put that as basically the first sentence of the letter of intent but don't really know how to format everything after.

Received acceptance via email this morning! So excited and relieved. (OOS (CA), LizzyM ~70)

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)

I'm having the same problem. I think I read somewhere that they require something written to withdraw, but I don't know if that means snail mail or e-mail. And I don't know who to send it to. My guess is we can e-mail the Office of Admissions, but I really don't know.

I sent in an email requesting my acceptance be withdrawn just recently. I'll let you guys know what the response is.

Hope my acceptance goes to one of you still holding out for one!

Update: Just send in an email to withdraw!

just sent the email to withdraw my application. i hope my acceptance goes out to one of you!!

Thanks! What did you do to get the $100 deposit back?

Nothing, just sent the email. In the email confirmation you get back, they tell you that you'll get the refund check in the mail in 3 weeks.

You guys are all so kind! I really hope we all get off the waitlist here! :)

Has anyone who applied for it heard back about the Diversity Scholarship? I'm curious what they typically give out for that and how many people get it: is it only a couple people in the class getting a few thousand dollars or is it a pretty solid amount of money for almost anyone who applies for it?

The scholarship may be a deciding factor for me on what school to go to!

Has anyone who applied for it heard back about the Diversity Scholarship? I'm curious what they typically give out for that and how many people get it: is it only a couple people in the class getting a few thousand dollars or is it a pretty solid amount of money for almost anyone who applies for it?

The scholarship may be a deciding factor for me on what school to go to!

I called Friday and they said all Diversity Scholarships have been awarded.

Hoping for some WL movement soon!

Just withdrew my acceptance. Hopefully it helps you out!

Who did you send the email to when you withdrew your acceptance? How long did it take before they responded?

Declining my acceptance to Creighton as well. Wishing you all the best of luck!

Who did you send the email to when you withdrew your acceptance? How long did it take before they responded?

Declining my acceptance to Creighton as well. Wishing you all the best of luck!
I sent mine to the admissions office main email address. They will send you an email confirming your withdrawal, and mail you your $100 deposit (so long as you withdraw in the next 2 days)

Creighton Undergrad currently waitlisted, really hoping to get in off the waitlist as many of my peers / faculty members / current CUSOM matriculants think that it's ludicrous that I didn't get accepted.

Just got an email from the admissions office saying that the class is full, with the first group of accepted alternates being in June should spots open up.

Question: When they mention the class is full, is that before or after others have withdrawn prior to the April 30th deadline?

Creighton Undergrad currently waitlisted, really hoping to get in off the waitlist as many of my peers / faculty members / current CUSOM matriculants think that it's ludicrous that I didn't get accepted.

Just got an email from the admissions office saying that the class is full, with the first group of accepted alternates being in June should spots open up.

Question: When they mention the class is full, is that before or after others have withdrawn prior to the April 30th deadline?

Not sure. You should probably call them and let us know because I've been curious about that as well! :)

I can understand your frustration. I didn't get in my first time applying. In fact, both times I didn't get into my alma mater state school. Med school admissions are crazy yearlong process.

To answer your question I thought Creighton, like most schools, accepts more applicants than it matriculates to avoid lots of waitlist movement. I would expect that to mean that the class is currently full. I wouldn't expect many more spots to open, but every year is different.

AMCAS opens up in less than a month. Hard to believe.

I would assume that the class is full post the April 30th deadline, since they waited until May 5th to send the email. I'm just keeping in mind that wait list movement has barely started at most schools according to the Waitlist Support thread. I'm hoping that means there will be people withdrawing over the next few weeks to go elsewhere opening spots up for those of us still waiting :)

Man, it really is a bummer that the class is full, if what you guys are saying is true. This is my second time applying here, my second time being interviewed, and my second time being wait-listed. Last year I inundated them with quality updates without any WL movement and I'm afraid of the exact same thing this year due to the rising competition for spots. So depressed about all of this. I love this school so much :(

Ugh, not looking forward to re-applying should the worst happen...

The application process has been such an emotional rollercoaster for me. Up until yesterday, I was feeling GREAT about my chances off the waitlist for about 2-3 weeks because I had also inundated them with updates. Now after hearing that the class is full, I'm back at the lows of the rollercoaster ride...

I''ve walked through the halls of CUSOM almost daily for the past three years, and I truly see myself continuing to do so for the next 2+ years... this really does suck.

I withdrew on April 30th too--hopefully that helps!

Anyone have an idea of whether or not the class is still full?

Anyone have an idea of whether or not the class is still full?

I called yesterday. The class is completely full and nobody is budging. Couldn't be more disappointed. Dr. Q said he thinks this is the beginning of a new trend.