2014-2015 Creighton University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anyone get an interview or acceptance with a 7 in verbal?
I'm not sure what his spread was, but I have a friend who got in with a 28 here. They put him on hold for his fall grades last semester because they weren't sure if he could handle rigorous science courses, then accepted him when he did well last semester. He is a Creighton undergrad though, which I'm sure helps.
 
Just got accepted! I interviewed on 1/30.

I am a reapplicant who was put on the waitlist last year. After calling Dr. Quinn and making the improvements he suggested I eventually got an acceptance. Creighton will work with you.

For those who want to know stats. Non-traditional, reapplicant, LizzyM 69 (GPA*10+MCAT+1)
 
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I would also really like to know this.

I don't think they do silent rejections, I think there are still interviews left to be given out. I don't know that for sure, but they seem to send out II's once per week, if that. I got my II on february 6th or something, and when I went to choose a date, there were still 6 different fridays available to choose from. and the last date was March 27th. I know it's been 2ish weeks since I scheduled mine, and I don't know how full the remaining dates were, but I would think there's still some spots to give out! I also heard creighton has a long app cycle relative to other schools.
 
I don't think they do silent rejections, I think there are still interviews left to be given out. I don't know that for sure, but they seem to send out II's once per week, if that. I got my II on february 6th or something, and when I went to choose a date, there were still 6 different fridays available to choose from. and the last date was March 27th. I know it's been 2ish weeks since I scheduled mine, and I don't know how full the remaining dates were, but I would think there's still some spots to give out! I also heard creighton has a long app cycle relative to other schools.

This keeps me optimistic!! Thanks!
 
Rejected without interview. Complete mid August. Nicest rejection email I've had the pleasure to receive.
 
When do they usually end interviews?

Haven't been rejected yet. So wondering what are the chances to receive an invitation at this point...
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey, everyone! I was just curious if anyone knew how significant the alternate list movement is each year for Creighton? Thanks!
 
Anyone's letters come down yet? Interviewed 2/13 and letters came down today.
Mine are also down today. It seems like most people find out their decision early in the week after the letters come down.

Also, after looking through this thread it seems like all of the cases where people's letters were removed they were accepted. Is there an example of this not being the case?
 
Last edited:
Mine are also down today. It seems like most people find out their decision early in the week after the letters come down.

Also, after looking through this thread it seems like all of the cases where people's letters were removed they were accepted. Is there an example of this not being the case?
did you also interview 2/13?
 
Mine are also down today. It seems like most people find out their decision early in the week after the letters come down.

Also, after looking through this thread it seems like all of the cases where people's letters were removed they were accepted. Is there an example of this not being the case?
I don't know, haha I hope so, but maybe it just means that they've made a decision?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Alternate list... anyone know about how many people get put on the alternate list or how significant the movement is?
 
Alternate list... anyone know about how many people get put on the alternate list or how significant the movement is?

I believe everyone is either accepted or waitlisted. They interview around 600-700 for the cycle, but I'm not really sure the percentages of accepted vs waitlisted. It varies from year to year how much movement there is, so it is pretty difficult to predict how this year will be.
 
Alternate list... anyone know about how many people get put on the alternate list or how significant the movement is?
Dr. Quinn did say that no one was taken off the waitlist last year, but I asked and he said that was the first time it has ever happened, and it was only because AMCAS was so slow last year. This year, AMCAS had it's stuff more together and stayed on schedule, so he said they do expect to take people from the waitlist this year, and that normally that's been about 30-40 students. There is no rank system, they just review waitlist applicants as spots open up.

hope this helps! I am staying hopeful. Interviewed 2/20 so expecting to hear back early next week. . .
 
If you are accepted/deferred do they email you? Or is it strictly snail mail?

Also has anyone from 1/20 heard back?
 
If you are accepted/deferred do they email you? Or is it strictly snail mail?

Also has anyone from 1/20 heard back?
I was accepted last Monday and received an email. I interviewed 2/13, and my letters were taken down from the secondary website last Friday, and I received my decision via email last Monday. They also send a packet in the mail.
 
ahh ok thanks for letting me know. I actually I meant to write 2/20 instead of 1/20, but I guess that would I mean I find out sometime early next week.

Congrats btw!
 
Where on the portal where the letters in the first place? Can't tell if mine were taken down or I just can't find them.
 
Ok. When I click Check Status it goes to page that says Upload Materials/Update Documents. It still lets me upload any update I would have. I'm guessing that means my letters aren't down?
no, it will still let you upload things even if your letters have come down. But if there is not a list of your letter writers names right below the "upload docs" link, then your letters are down.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad