-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2014-2015 Creighton University Application Thread
Started by gettheleadout
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I would recommend to you all that you check your spam folder. My creighton ii came as junk mail and it's not the first time I know this happens to someone. Maybe some of you have been sitting on an ii without knowing.
+1
I would recommend to you all that you check your spam folder. My creighton ii came as junk mail and it's not the first time I know this happens to someone. Maybe some of you have been sitting on an ii without knowing.
I've been checking my spam box like a hawk for that reason. I had a couple secondaries fall in there (and one accidentally got deleted! I don't know how that happened.. Good thing I called that school) I feel like a lot of people with my similar stats are still waiting for an interview, so maybe our time is coming soon (hopefully sooner than later)

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Good luck to all who are waiting for IIs or are waiting to interview. I can assure you that the interview day is very relaxed and informative, so don't stress about it too much. This is probably the nicest interview that you will attend, so enjoy!
does status ever change for when your app is reviewed or if you receive an interview? Mine still says "Thank you for applying to Creighton University School of Medicine. Your secondary application is complete and is ready to be reviewed for interview purposes...." yada yada... since beginning of july
Yes the status changes to something like "interview scheduled"
Does anyone know-- does Creighton do "holds" like some other schools do? like "We have reviewed your application but decided to put you on hold and not invite you for an interview at this time etc. etc. etc."
just curious
I don't think there are formal holds, so you probably won't be notified by email of a hold. There may be internal mechanisms that hold off some applicants for later review after an initial review, but I'm not certain. Don't stress about it though, there are still plenty of interview slots left for the season!
At the Open House, they told us that, like most (all?) schools, they review applications in the order they applied. If you are in a certain batch of applications and they don't feel your application is competitive enough for an interview compared to other applicants in that specific batch, you will be placed in the next batch to be reviewed next time. It will be noted that you have been reviewed before, so they may make a final decision at that point or put in you into the next batch. I'm not sure how long this process goes on and as for a formal notification of a hold status, I am unsure, as well.
Just got an II as well! I also got the student hosting email before the actual invitation came. Complete 7/22, trad/non-URM, stats slightly lower than school average, Jesuit undergrad and service-oriented ECs.
Hi I am also in the same position as you. I go to a Jesuit school and got a 27 mcat. What were ur sub section breakdowns? Btw congrats!
This gives me hope! 29 mcat here (8,11,10).I talked with some current students about my concerns about my lower MCAT score, and several of them said they had gotten 29s.
If it helps, they did say on my interview day that they value VR the most and PS the least.
I went to the open house this last weekend, and I 100% agree.Edit: also, I really played up the Jesuit thing in my secondary - woman for others, cura personalis, social justice, etc. I do feel like it helped me because I got the vibe that Creighton's Jesuit identity is really important to them. If you have the ECs and experiences to back it up, I'd suggest discussing how your Jesuit education informs your desire to work in medicine in the secondary, any update, etc.
Thanks for the help! My biggest concern is Verbal was my lowest score being a 7 and PS was my highest being an 11. Im just gonna stay optimistic though and hope I get some love.Thanks! I'd rather remain a little more anonymous, but my MCAT was in the 27-29 range as well. All my subsections were at least 8, and I just had one weak section - the other two were much stronger. I talked with some current students about my concerns about my lower MCAT score, and several of them said they had gotten 29s.
If it helps, they did say on my interview day that they value VR the most and PS the least.
Edit: also, I really played up the Jesuit thing in my secondary - woman for others, cura personalis, social justice, etc. I do feel like it helped me because I got the vibe that Creighton's Jesuit identity is really important to them. If you have the ECs and experiences to back it up, I'd suggest discussing how your Jesuit education informs your desire to work in medicine in the secondary, any update, etc.
Got a 7 in verbal too! Hopefully they can see past it!Thanks for the help! My biggest concern is Verbal was my lowest score being a 7 and PS was my highest being an 11. Im just gonna stay optimistic though and hope I get some love.
Did anyone in this thread get an interview or acceptance with a 7 in verbal?
http://mdapplicants.com/profile.php...e:0,search_areaofstudy:0,psr:0,orderby:,order:Did anyone in this thread get an interview or acceptance with a 7 in verbal?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Got a 7 in verbal too! Hopefully they can see past it!
I got <8 on verbal on my first MCAT and got an II (though my second was a 10+), so it is possible... I feel that Creighton looks at the whole package more so than stats, so stay positive!
Same, complete 9/7 with similar LizzyM score.Complete 9/7 and haven't heard anything yet!
LIZZYM OF 65
Looking at last year's thread, no one posted to say they had received an II between mid September and the end of October. My guess is they are busy deciding who will be accepted during this first round, and will decide who to send IIs to in a few weeks.
Useful info, thanks!Looking at last year's thread, no one posted to say they had received an II between mid September and the end of October. My guess is they are busy deciding who will be accepted during this first round, and will decide who to send IIs to in a few weeks.
Looking at last year's thread, no one posted to say they had received an II between mid September and the end of October. My guess is they are busy deciding who will be accepted during this first round, and will decide who to send IIs to in a few weeks.
Interesting observation! Very helpful!
It's pretty early to assume that, stay positive! 🙂 I was thinking the same thing and began thinking about getting a pre-II update together. When I stopped neurotically checking my email, the II came, on a Saturday afternoon. I swear, schools wait until you stop thinking about them and then say "Wait, I'm still here, come visit me...."complete since 7/13... assuming silent rejection
Any luck?Same, complete 9/7 with similar LizzyM score.
Same, complete 9/7 with similar LizzyM score.
Any luck?
Complete 9/2 and still haven't heard anything. I also sent an in the area email to them about a month ago but never heard back.
Edit: LizzyM score is 69 if you only consider my retake.
No, I still haven't heard anything. I'm sure they are very busy. I would just update the portal as much as you can. They seemed to stress this. Besides that, you just have to be patient, unfortunately...Complete 9/2 and still haven't heard anything. I also sent an in the area email to them about a month ago but never heard back.
Edit: LizzyM score is 69 if you only consider my retake.
No, I still haven't heard anything. I'm sure they are very busy. I would just update the portal as much as you can. They seemed to stress this. Besides that, you just have to be patient, unfortunately...
I'm not in school right now and haven't done anything that isn't already listed on my primary app, so I don't think updating is really worth my while right now? I should be doing some shadowing soon though so maybe I can update that once it happens.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yeah, I don't think it's crucial by any means. If you have something, update it. If you don't, no big deal. It just shows you're still interested, but if you are out of school, I don't think they expect a ton of updates.I'm not in school right now and haven't done anything that isn't already listed on my primary app, so I don't think updating is really worth my while right now? I should be doing some shadowing soon though so maybe I can update that once it happens.
Stats? if you don't mind. Thanks!It's pretty early to assume that, stay positive! 🙂 I was thinking the same thing and began thinking about getting a pre-II update together. When I stopped neurotically checking my email, the II came, on a Saturday afternoon. I swear, schools wait until you stop thinking about them and then say "Wait, I'm still here, come visit me...."
Anything that goes into the holidays (late Nov. to past 1/1) is going to be pretty pricey compared to dates before and after. That's just the luck of the draw I guess. I think the best time to book a flight is on a Wed / Thurs? I'm still waiting for an II / any sort of status change as well. Hoping sooner than later.Complete since 8/25 and no change in status since. I have been tracking prices for flights to Omaha though...they are steadily climbing. The sooner the better/cheaper!
Have reference letters for anyone who interviewed “disappeared” from the portal? Or are they still listed on the portal?
Mine are still there, how about yours?
I was looking at last year's thread and it seemed like the people's whose letters disappeared got a decision soon after...so I could be wrong, but it could mean that they've made a decision for you? I'm not sure when you interviewed, but maybe that means you'll be lucky and hear back on the 15th! I don't want to instill any false hope though, just stating what I noticed from last year. Best of luck to you!Have reference letters for anyone who interviewed “disappeared” from the portal? Or are they still listed on the portal?
Creighton doesn't start sending out rejections until November. Send them updates in the meantime to help your chances!
Does anyone know how to submit a pre-II update letter? I saw @Supraspinatus was thinking of doing one. I don't see anywhere to do it on the portal, do we just send them to the admissions email?
That was going to be my plan if I ended up doing one...however, it never hurts to call and ask how they prefer them to be submitted!Does anyone know how to submit a pre-II update letter? I saw @Supraspinatus was thinking of doing one. I don't see anywhere to do it on the portal, do we just send them to the admissions email?
Does anyone know how to submit a pre-II update letter? I saw @Supraspinatus was thinking of doing one. I don't see anywhere to do it on the portal, do we just send them to the admissions email?
Does your portal not have a "Document Upload" button that says "If there are additional or updated materials that you wish to provide the Committee on Admission, click the Document Uploads button to see if there is an option to upload the documents directly to us." ?
D'oh! I see that now. Thanks. Do you think once its submitted we have to do anything? Like, the admissions committee people will eventually see the update and add it to our file's automatically, right?Does your portal not have a "Document Upload" button that says "If there are additional or updated materials that you wish to provide the Committee on Admission, click the Document Uploads button to see if there is an option to upload the documents directly to us." ?
OMG I'm such an idiot!!!!! Check out the last line of my Update Letter:
Thank you for your consideration and I hope to soon have the chance to meet you and demonstrate my suitability for the Saint Louis University School of Medicine.
OMG FML!!!
I uploaded a corrected copy and emailed the admissions people if they could please disregard the first Update Letter. Argh, this is one of those things that you'll always wonder whether this was the reason you were rejected 😳
Thank you for your consideration and I hope to soon have the chance to meet you and demonstrate my suitability for the Saint Louis University School of Medicine.
OMG FML!!!
I uploaded a corrected copy and emailed the admissions people if they could please disregard the first Update Letter. Argh, this is one of those things that you'll always wonder whether this was the reason you were rejected 😳
seeing as SLU and Creighton have similar missions, it's not surprising to apply to both - silly mistake but don't think this would tip you from II to rejection hahaOMG I'm such an idiot!!!!! Check out the last line of my Update Letter:
Thank you for your consideration and I hope to soon have the chance to meet you and demonstrate my suitability for the Saint Louis University School of Medicine.
OMG FML!!!
I uploaded a corrected copy and emailed the admissions people if they could please disregard the first Update Letter. Argh, this is one of those things that you'll always wonder whether this was the reason you were rejected 😳
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hoping to hear back tomorrow!Oct. 15th is tommorow![]()
Did anyone's letters disappear from the portal? Mine are still there, but just wondering based on threads from previous years.
My letters are still there as well. Also, acceptances might not go out until the 16th if the MSAR date is to be trustedDid anyone's letters disappear from the portal? Mine are still there, but just wondering based on threads from previous years.
ahh okay, thanks for the heads up!
Good luck today everyone who has interviewed -- hopefully we will hear something!
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K
- Replies
- 35
- Views
- 11K
