You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2014-2015 Creighton University Application Thread
Started by gettheleadout
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I went to the eye doc a couple days ago for a routine checkup. We started talking about med schools.
He said anyone can get into Creighton Med if they are willing to pay the bill. I just nodded and smiled, but laughed at him on the inside.
It's amazing how the previous generation doesn't realize how much harder it is to get in than it was 30 years ago. LOL.
He said anyone can get into Creighton Med if they are willing to pay the bill. I just nodded and smiled, but laughed at him on the inside.
It's amazing how the previous generation doesn't realize how much harder it is to get in than it was 30 years ago. LOL.
The first 2 real weeks of school have flown by! MS1's took our first quiz today (MCB+Anatomy) and looking forward to a more relaxed weekend. I can't say enough positive things about Creighton Med. Feeling blessed every day (despite some stressful moments). Everybody seems to be working real hard. Can't wait to see some SDN'ers on interview tours! Good luck everyone!

The good news is around 65% of interviewees receive an acceptance 🙂
Nearly 7000 applications for ~450 acceptances and 156 matriculantsI went to the eye doc a couple days ago for a routine checkup. We started talking about med schools.
He said anyone can get into Creighton Med if they are willing to pay the bill. I just nodded and smiled, but laughed at him on the inside.
It's amazing how the previous generation doesn't realize how much harder it is to get in than it was 30 years ago. LOL.

The good news is around 65% of interviewees receive an acceptance 🙂
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
In my stalking of last years threads, I saw you around quite a bit. Glad to see you're having such a positive experience! I hope you'll hang out in this thread a little more with tips and tricks for all us hopefuls!The first 2 real weeks of school have flown by! MS1's took our first quiz today (MCB+Anatomy) and looking forward to a more relaxed weekend. I can't say enough positive things about Creighton Med. Feeling blessed every day (despite some stressful moments). Everybody seems to be working real hard. Can't wait to see some SDN'ers on interview tours! Good luck everyone!
Nearly 7000 applications for ~450 acceptances and 156 matriculants
The good news is around 65% of interviewees receive an acceptance 🙂
Did you ever get an official answer on this? I am in the same boat.I have an interview at Nebraska mid October. You guys think it'd be okay to send an email asking for them to sorta "bump me up the line" once my application is complete so I can see if I can interview at both schools while i'm in Omaha (in the event that they'd actually want to interview me). I submitted my application July 21st and they're STILL waiting on one of my letters from a science prof before I am complete![]()
Congrats to everyone who has received an II (and to anyone who hasn't yet, don't fret it is still early)!
I see many of you are interviewing in September, did anyone else's II email request them to come before September 3rd? "We suggest that you reserve your spot as soon as possible, and no later than Wednesday, September 3, 2014" (I received the email on Aug 13th). I booked my interview less than 30 minutes after the email was sent and the only date available before 9/3 was 8/29. I'm just curious to know if other's received similar requests? The booking for Creighton is set in stone but it would be good to know for future IIs if this is typically how tightly they are scheduled.
I see many of you are interviewing in September, did anyone else's II email request them to come before September 3rd? "We suggest that you reserve your spot as soon as possible, and no later than Wednesday, September 3, 2014" (I received the email on Aug 13th). I booked my interview less than 30 minutes after the email was sent and the only date available before 9/3 was 8/29. I'm just curious to know if other's received similar requests? The booking for Creighton is set in stone but it would be good to know for future IIs if this is typically how tightly they are scheduled.
That means the reservation not the interview is due by September 3rd.Congrats to everyone who has received an II (and to anyone who hasn't yet, don't fret it is still early)!
I see many of you are interviewing in September, did anyone else's II email request them to come before September 3rd? "We suggest that you reserve your spot as soon as possible, and no later than Wednesday, September 3, 2014" (I received the email on Aug 13th). I booked my interview less than 30 minutes after the email was sent and the only date available before 9/3 was 8/29. I'm just curious to know if other's received similar requests? The booking for Creighton is set in stone but it would be good to know for future IIs if this is typically how tightly they are scheduled.
I am complete as of 8/25. My stats are 3.55 cGPA, 3.43 sGPA, and 31 MCAT (10/11/10). Hoping for an interview.
Did you ever get an official answer on this? I am in the same boat.
Someone suggested that I should give it a try.
Haha, ok ok, well then.. are you planning on doing that? They have their interviews on Saturday and UNMC does theirs on Friday so it seems like that is kind of on purpose?Someone suggested that I should give it a try.
Haha, ok ok, well then.. are you planning on doing that? They have their interviews on Saturday and UNMC does theirs on Friday so it seems like that is kind of on purpose?
My science LOR writer STILL hasn't submitted her letter so I'm not complete yet, despite submitting my secondary over a month ago.... My UNMC interview is October 10th and I still haven't bought my plane ticket/hotel because I've been waiting on this whole Creighton situation. I honestly don't know what I'm gonna do yet.
Yeah I hear you. I am not really within driving distance, but I have driven there before so I am planning on just doing that because it's easier to coordinate/cheaper. I'm interviewing after you, so maybe we will know more by then!My science LOR writer STILL hasn't submitted her letter so I'm not complete yet, despite submitting my secondary over a month ago.... My UNMC interview is October 10th and I still haven't bought my plane ticket/hotel because I've been waiting on this whole Creighton situation. I honestly don't know what I'm gonna do yet.
After submitting my secondary (about a month ago) I happened upon that bit on Creighton's website that says they require non-medical volunteering. Does anyone know what qualifies strict medical/non medical? I have plenty of volunteer experience as a hospital and free clinic volunteer, and I volunteered organizing and cleaning a warehouse for a hospital in a 3rd world country, but I don't know if any of this would count as strict non-medical. Does anyone have any thoughts? I think I might be in trouble here...
After submitting my secondary (about a month ago) I happened upon that bit on Creighton's website that says they require non-medical volunteering. Does anyone know what qualifies strict medical/non medical? I have plenty of volunteer experience as a hospital and free clinic volunteer, and I volunteered organizing and cleaning a warehouse for a hospital in a 3rd world country, but I don't know if any of this would count as strict non-medical. Does anyone have any thoughts? I think I might be in trouble here...
When pre-med students volunteer in medical settings, that can easily be interpreted as a self-serving, non-altruistic, means of getting into medical school. The big takeaway is that Creighton wants people who have demonstrated that they are committed to serving people in need. I think you should be fine as long as your application demonstrates this commitment.
When pre-med students volunteer in medical settings, that can easily be interpreted as a self-serving, non-altruistic, means of getting into medical school. The big takeaway is that Creighton wants people who have demonstrated that they are committed to serving people in need. I think you should be fine as long as your application demonstrates this commitment.
Ah, I gotcha. Thank you, that does make me feel better.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anyone with an interview up for switching Saturday October 11th with Saturday September 27th??
A
Accio
Out of curiosity, for the second prompt, what kind of goals do you think they mean by lifetime goals? My goal is to become a physician, which I feel is just redundant. Also the cliched "happiness."
Your goal is to become a physician so that you can [blank]...?Out of curiosity, for the second prompt, what kind of goals do you think they mean by lifetime goals? My goal is to become a physician, which I feel is just redundant. Also the cliched "happiness."
Hoping for some love from Omaha! Falling more in love with this school every day! Looks like they send their IIs out in batches (going off of previous years' threads) so hopefully another batch will go out mid-September 

HiJust checking in🙂
Are they open to in the area emails? It's really awkward to send them but it would really cut down my costs and I've been complete for a while
I sent one last week. Yet to hear back though. I wish they could reply somewhat soon so that I know when exactly to schedule my flights and what not.
They got back to me the next day. Maybe because they knew they wouldn't have interviews on the day I requested 😛I sent one last week. Yet to hear back though. I wish they could reply somewhat soon so that I know when exactly to schedule my flights and what not.
Really? like honestly, do you want to give me a heart attack
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Brb just had a heart attack….over the OPEN HOUSE email! Ugh...

Last edited:
Are there people who were complete mid June that haven't heard anything back yet?
That is what I am saying. Don't they know how excited they make you, just to dash you hopes with a silly plug for the school. They should have a bold subject that says NOT AN INVITATION INVITE.OHI (Open House Invite) today!!!!! 70+ LizzyM, Complete early July.
But seriously, that was a mean trick Creighton![]()
I've been complete since 8/17 and haven't received an open house invite yet.
Silent rejection?
Silent rejection?
Yep, you're doomed.I've been complete since 8/17 and haven't received an open house invite yet.
Silent rejection?
Honestly, I don't think it means anything so fret not!
Have we all reached a new level of neuroticism where we're trying to derive meaning from what is most likely a listserv email?
Are there people who were complete mid June that haven't heard anything back yet?
This sums up like 90% of the MD schools I applied to lol, including Creighton.
EDIT: I thought you said July, but same thing.
Mine was in my spam.I've been complete since 8/17 and haven't received an open house invite yet.
Silent rejection?
Yep, you're doomed.
Honestly, I don't think it means anything so fret not!
Have we all reached a new level of neuroticism where we're trying to derive meaning from what is most likely a listserv email?
I suspect the real issue is that I have reached a new level of inability to convey facetiousness.
They got back to me the next day. Maybe because they knew they wouldn't have interviews on the day I requested 😛
Who did you email and what date did you request for?
It's a likely issue we're all having. That being said, I vote we all attend the open house and then send "in the area" emails for that date 🙂I suspect the real issue is that I have reached a new level of inability to convey facetiousness.
It's a likely issue we're all having. That being said, I vote we all attend the open house and then send "in the area" emails for that date 🙂
THIS^^^^
🤣I requested this Saturday and emailed the admissions office address on their website.Who did you email and what date did you request for?
I requested this Saturday and emailed the admissions office address on their website.
Oh lol yeah that's pretty short notice.... Mine is in about a month
Thanks!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Any recent IIs out there?
Anyone interviewing on 9/26?
II just now! complete 7/17, lizzym 69
Congrats!!!
I didn't get one and I am interviewing there soon. Don't fret.I've been complete since 8/17 and haven't received an open house invite yet.
Silent rejection?
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K
- Replies
- 35
- Views
- 11K