You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2014-2015 Duke University Application Thread
Started by gettheleadout
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I am sorry to hear that. Did they send an email or was it on your portal?Welp the penguin avatar has failed me...Got the application declined message today (complete late July, LizzyM low 70s), best of luck to all the other penguins still in the running!!
I am sorry to hear that. Did they send an email or was it on your portal?
It was posted on the portal this morning. I have a pretty boring job and have made a morning ritual of reading the news, looking for the best online sales, and checking the status of all my apps, so I know it was changed in the last 24 hours haha
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
🙁 Good luck with your other choices!
Late posting but I received an II within the last week as well. It seemed like I stared at the e-mail for over an hour before I finally convinced myself it was real. Absolutely ecstatic, Duke is my dream school and I can't express in words how excited I am to interview here!![]()
This post made me so happy!!! I'm so excited for you -- you're gonna blow them away! 🙂
Late posting but I received an II within the last week as well. It seemed like I stared at the e-mail for over an hour before I finally convinced myself it was real. Absolutely ecstatic, Duke is my dream school and I can't express in words how excited I am to interview here!![]()
Congrats! When were you complete?
Congrats! When were you complete?
Thanks! I was complete in early July, don't remember the exact date.
Thanks! I was complete in early July, don't remember the exact date.
Thanks! This gives me a drop of hope lol.
I think I'm a little behind most of guys haha I'm still doing my secondary.....do you think it is too late to apply? (sGPA: 3.97, MCAT: 36, good ECs)
I think you should still throw in an application. You have great stats and, like I said previously, at this point last year I didn't even have an II yet. Others I know interviewed in late February and also got in.
Alright man, thanks for the advice. Hopefully I can get it in this weekend. I know Duke says they don't give interviews on a rolling basis but I'm sure they still fill up interview slots at the same rate but I'll take my chances.I think you should still throw in an application. You have great stats and, like I said previously, at this point last year I didn't even have an II yet. Others I know interviewed in late February and also got in.
Just wanted to stop in and say that it is definitely worth still submitting. Pretty sure there are some people in the current M1 class who didn't submit by this point - not 100% sure about the specific timing, but I know there are people who applied late and got in. Your numbers are easily within the range so definitely give it a shot.
Alright man, thanks for the advice. Hopefully I can get it in this weekend. I know Duke says they don't give interviews on a rolling basis but I'm sure they still fill up interview slots at the same rate but I'll take my chances.
For those of you who already interviewed, did it finished at exactly 4? I want to book a flight around 5:30 but not sure if I should risk it with potential rush hour traffic
exactly at 4, yesFor those of you who already interviewed, did it finished at exactly 4? I want to book a flight around 5:30 but not sure if I should risk it with potential rush hour traffic
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
My application is still under review and I submitted the secondary in July! I figured that I would be rejected right off the starting line, but it hasn't happened yet! Does anyone know why this might be?
My application is still under review and I submitted the secondary in July! I figured that I would be rejected right off the starting line, but it hasn't happened yet! Does anyone know why this might be?
Same here. I'm hoping it's not just because the people screening us are slow.
I am in the same boat as well.My application is still under review and I submitted the secondary in July! I figured that I would be rejected right off the starting line, but it hasn't happened yet! Does anyone know why this might be?
I am in the same boat as well.
Have they rejected anyone?
Yeah, look further up in the thread. No email notification I don't believe, but people have found out on the portal.Have they rejected anyone?
Sent from my neural implant using SDN Mobile
Yeah, look further up in the thread. No email notification I don't believe, but people have found out on the portal.
Sent from my neural implant using SDN Mobile
Just checked mine. Still in review I guess. Submitted 7/31
I suppose we will all just have to wait and see! Good luck everyone!
Hi all, late-ish to the party but I'm a current MS1 and willing to answer questions/help you guys keep your sanity through the crazy process that is MD applications! Feel free to post questions here or PM me, classes are starting to pick up so I can't guarantee a time-frame for a response but I'll try my best to be timely.
Best of luck to y'all!
Best of luck to y'all!
Hi all, late-ish to the party but I'm a current MS1 and willing to answer questions/help you guys keep your sanity through the crazy process that is MD applications! Feel free to post questions here or PM me, classes are starting to pick up so I can't guarantee a time-frame for a response but I'll try my best to be timely.
Best of luck to y'all!
I would like to point out that this is potentially where the penguin avatar/handle craze truly started.
My application is still under review and I submitted the secondary in July! I figured that I would be rejected right off the starting line, but it hasn't happened yet! Does anyone know why this might be?
Same! I've been under screening since my file was complete on July 1. LizzyM~ 74.5, ties to NC and good ECs. Not a rejection 'till I have the letter in my hand 🙂 Dream school for me!!
Same! I've been under screening since my file was complete on July 1. LizzyM~ 74.5, ties to NC and good ECs. Not a rejection 'till I have the letter in my hand 🙂 Dream school for me!!
Dream school over here too! I've had the same status since 7/10.
Same boat as y'all! No status change. This school is definitely one of my top choices!
Haha, what do you mean?I would like to point out that this is potentially where the penguin avatar/handle craze truly started.
Pumped penguins are cute. Congrats! "Pender"II today! complete first week of august, so there's some hope! LizzyM 73, SO PUMPED.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Haha, what do you mean?
Oh I assumed your username "happyfeet" was about the movie!
Oh no, the trend definitely started with @ProbablyAPenguin.I would like to point out that this is potentially where the penguin avatar/handle craze truly started.
Oh no, the trend definitely started with @ProbablyAPenguin.
This was a joke because happy feet is an ms1 so technically it's first penguin reference with ultimate success at Duke 😉
It was unintentional. I promise.Oh no, the trend definitely started with @ProbablyAPenguin.
Probably 😉It was unintentional. I promise.
Sent from my neural implant using SDN Mobile
I will be a naysayer that I got nothing but rejections while on the Penguin train. Once I got off, I got an II and no rejections so I think we'll keep it this way. 😉 I do like those little guys though...Probably 😉
Sent from my neural implant using SDN Mobile
Nobody here ever uncovered information about the rumored student host list, right? If you have it, would you mind sharing?
Sorry about that 🙁 If you wouldn't mind, could you say your complete date / date they got back to you?rejected lizzyM 74. rejection number 5. i love this game.
complete 7/18. it's weird, they didn't email me about updating my status. i checked randomly this morning and saw that they rejected me. so it could have happened yesterday or over the weekend.Sorry about that 🙁 If you wouldn't mind, could you say your complete date / date they got back to you?
It was unintentional. I promise.
Yes, but then a few of us (including myself) very intentionally (and maybe a little aggressively) correlated "Penguin" with "application cycle awesomeness" and quickly got on board 🙂
Any idea how many more interview dates are left?
They have interview dates all the way until mid-February. I didn't receive my invitation until November, so I think there are still some to give out if it follows last cycle at all.
Thank you! I can breathe again...for now!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
My biggest advice is to not let SDN get to you. This process is tough enough without this site taking a toll on your mental health. Find a hobby, go for a walk in a forest, keep yourself busy, exercise, eat right...do anything but check here constantly.
I wish.
Oh I knew I forgot something - I was complete 7/27.
You are so forgiven. 😛 Thanks and congrats!Oh I knew I forgot something - I was complete 7/27.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 35
- Views
- 11K
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K
