You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2014-2015 Florida State University Application Thread
Started by gettheleadout
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Does anyone know when they start interview regular decision applicants?
Does anyone know when they start interview regular decision applicants?
Soon if not already. I got an II last year the first week of September (for sept 23) and I was not the first.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey! Has anyone had any problems getting the site itself to work for the secondary? I have been working on the essays from the prompts posted on here, but I can't get the page to load. I'm on Internet Explorer and a PC (because it's what they suggested) but I can't get it to open. There's not even a sign in page.
Hey! Has anyone had any problems getting the site itself to work for the secondary? I have been working on the essays from the prompts posted on here, but I can't get the page to load. I'm on Internet Explorer and a PC (because it's what they suggested) but I can't get it to open. There's not even a sign in page.
try chrome. It worked for me with that browser.
Just got an interview invite, was submitted on 7/25. BEYOND EXCITED
Regular decision?! Congrats!Just got an interview invite, was submitted on 7/25. BEYOND EXCITED
@futuredoc19987 stats?
Thank you!try chrome. It worked for me with that browser.
So for time between interview invite and completing your secondary, do people think it might get a little shorter since they just started sending invites to non ED applicants? Just submitted earlier this week finally and know it's going to be a while but having a general idea might help make the wait less stressful!
Good luck to everyone! Love this school, went there for undergraduate and the campus is really nice and continues to get better every year. Plus they're the best football team in the nation. 😉
Good luck to everyone! Love this school, went there for undergraduate and the campus is really nice and continues to get better every year. Plus they're the best football team in the nation. 😉
@futuredoc19987 stats?
3.87GPA (both regular and science) 28 MCAT
100 primary care shadowing hours
a ridiculous amount of campus involvement and programing experience
also an undergrad at FSU
Nice. I hope they like Tallahassee residents lol
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
3.87GPA (both regular and science) 28 MCAT
100 primary care shadowing hours
a ridiculous amount of campus involvement and programing experience
also an undergrad at FSU
Early decision?
Early decision?
Probably not. ED usually asks for really high mcat scores
Not ED
Early decision?
When was your status "preliminary review complete" or something like that. Mine has been "application under review" for over a week. This wait is killing me.Just got an interview invite, was submitted on 7/25. BEYOND EXCITED
It doesn't have any other status after application under review unless you do get an interview and then it says interview invitation but they send you an email for thatWhen was your status "preliminary review complete" or something like that. Mine has been "application under review" for over a week. This wait is killing me.
Finally submitted my secondary! Ended up re-writing some of it (read: all of it LOL). Like many of you guys, this school is my top choice so wanted to make sure everything was perfect. Hopefully they won't frown on the fact it took me a little over 2 weeks to submit it.
its probably gonna hurt my chances if I never shadowed a primary care doc, right?
Do you have any clinical experience (volunteering, work, etc.)? I never shadowed but I have worked in the ER and also volunteer at hospice
Do you have any clinical experience (volunteering, work, etc.)? I never shadowed but I have worked in the ER and also volunteer at hospice
not under a primary care physician, no
not under a primary care physician, no
Oh gotcha.. then yeah I would try to get some shadowing in soon. I'm not sure if it'll hurt your app, but if you indicated you want to go into primary care they'll want to know why you decided to go into that field
the IIs seem to have vanished lol
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Dcr108 mind sharing your stats/when you were complete?
II earlier this morning! In-state.
Congrats!! Can you please share when you were complete?? And did they email or call? Thanks 🙂
I was complete the week that they released secondaries, so sometime late July. I was invited via email.Congrats!! Can you please share when you were complete?? And did they email or call? Thanks 🙂
Stats: 3.8+, 32+
lol those stats....
Not gonna make it?
Has anyone with a 3.5/30 type stats gotten an IS II?
I just got my II and I have a 3.55 gpa and 31 mcat. I'm in stateHas anyone with a 3.5/30 type stats gotten an IS II?
When were you complete?I just got my II and I have a 3.55 gpa and 31 mcat. I'm in state
Congrats! 🙂 When were you complete?I just got my II and I have a 3.55 gpa and 31 mcat. I'm in state
When were you complete?
Congrats! 🙂 When were you complete?
7/21
Okay cool! I'm complete august 8! Hoping for an II. Congrats!7/21
Okay cool! I'm complete august 8! Hoping for an II. Congrats!
Thanks so much, good luck! 🙂
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Interviewed yesterday.. stayed at a friend's place tho.Anyone who Interviewed this friday mind letting me know where you stayed in Tally? Looking for a hotel for this coming friday
The interview was really fun everyone has a lot of energy and is extremely responsive!
Awesome! I can't wait to get there this weekend, it will be my first time on campus at FSU. I've heard the med school facilities are really nice.Interviewed yesterday.. stayed at a friend's place tho.
The interview was really fun everyone has a lot of energy and is extremely responsive!
What do you guys think of my chances?
-Florida Resident (UM undergrad)
-26 MCAT PS 11, VR 7, BS 8.
-3.69 GPA
-Volunteer work in Dominican Republic, Haiti, Costa Rica, Nicaragua (underserved)
-5 months research
-Couple medical/public health clubs on campus.
-Minority (Black/carribeaan)
-Volunteer at underserved clinics
-Medical Scribe
-Shadowed primary care physician, and another specialist.
-Florida Resident (UM undergrad)
-26 MCAT PS 11, VR 7, BS 8.
-3.69 GPA
-Volunteer work in Dominican Republic, Haiti, Costa Rica, Nicaragua (underserved)
-5 months research
-Couple medical/public health clubs on campus.
-Minority (Black/carribeaan)
-Volunteer at underserved clinics
-Medical Scribe
-Shadowed primary care physician, and another specialist.
Interviewed Monday. Accepted this afternoon! I was a reapplicant Early Decision, but I also waited a year to reapply, so my LOR and additional experience was pretty solid by the time I submitted my application in June. Best of Luck!
Congrats! Must be nice to be done with the app cycle already
