You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2014-2015 Howard University Application Thread
Started by gettheleadout
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
have they sent out any II? I've been waiting also. when were you complete?
8/27 and when were you complete?
-
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
i submitted my material 8/27 and received a notice of receipt on 9/2 .. so i guess were in the same boat and they'll get to our application around the same time
except I received no notice of receipt! 🙁
I was at one of their Friday open houses for prospective students a couple of weeks ago and it was mentioned that they were trying out a new admissions system... I am guessing this comes with a few glitches. I haven't received an email of notification either and I was complete on 8/13.
I was at one of their Friday open houses for prospective students a couple of weeks ago and it was mentioned that they were trying out a new admissions system... I am guessing this comes with a few glitches. I haven't received an email of notification either and I was complete on 8/13.
How was the open house? Informative?
I'm not trying to be a downer you guys, but for those who have yet to receive any correspondence from Howard you need to contact them. The same thing happened to my friend last year. All I can say is that it was an error on Howard's end. *Hint Hint* Please contact them before its to late.
Sorry for the late response, but I got an email on the 28th of August saying that my secondary was received and a follow up email for an interview invite.Did you get a complete email or does the status page says complete?
But if we got the email saying that our secondary has been submitted, are we okay?I'm not trying to be a downer you guys, but for those who have yet to receive any correspondence from Howard you need to contact them. The same thing happened to my friend last year. All I can say is that it was an error on Howard's end. *Hint Hint* Please contact them before its to late.
Sorry, i am confused if you are referring to the "complete email" or just the email that says secondary received?
What do you mean by correspondence? Secondary? Complete email? Interview Invite?I'm not trying to be a downer you guys, but for those who have yet to receive any correspondence from Howard you need to contact them. The same thing happened to my friend last year. All I can say is that it was an error on Howard's end. *Hint Hint* Please contact them before its to late.
But if we got the email saying that our secondary has been submitted, are we okay?
Sorry, i am confused if you are referring to the "complete email" or just the email that says secondary received?
My comment was to anyone who has not received information about their secondary being received. If you've receive the e-mail that you application is complete I think you are going to be ok.
To make a long story short, every medical school in the country receives TONS of applications, so they look for any reason not to review one.
So please you guy dot your I's and cross your T's.
What do you mean by correspondence? Secondary? Complete email? Interview Invite?
Correspondence as in your secondary being received.
I'm sure at this time a lot of medical schools are dealing with a higher than normal volume of applications, due the changes to the MCAT. So things my take a little more time this year.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I completed by secondary yesterday and I only got an email regarding my payment being complete. Is that considered a "secondary complete" email?
You mean the complete payment email from Zap? No that email is not from Howard. You need to receive a secondary complete email from Howard. Call them on Monday. If they're not available, call them the next day and keep on calling until someone picks up.
You mean the complete payment email from Zap? No that email is not from Howard. You need to receive a secondary complete email from Howard. Call them on Monday. If they're not available, call them the next day and keep on calling until someone picks up.
So you definitely need a direct email from Howard? Cause my secondary app does have a check mark on APPLICATION COMPLETE.
There seems to be some computer errors going on. You have to verify complete statusSo you definitely need a direct email from Howard? Cause my secondary app does have a check mark on APPLICATION COMPLETE.
There seems to be some computer errors going on. You have to verify complete status
you were lucky, you received your secondary received email pretty quickly after secondary submission. did you receive your II yet?
Not yet which has me worried that I may not be complete. I am going to call on Monday during office hours to confirm.you were lucky, you received your secondary received email pretty quickly after secondary submission. did you receive your II yet?
I second that ! if someone could update the interview questions/style on Howard that'd be fantastic!
Hey Skip, are you applying to Howard?you were lucky, you received your secondary received email pretty quickly after secondary submission. did you receive your II yet?
Hey Skip, are you applying to Howard?
yep
Nice! I wish you luck. Maybe we will see each other on the interview trail. I saw you posting in some other school threads that I was applying to as well.
Nice! I wish you luck. Maybe we will see each other on the interview trail. I saw you posting in some other school threads that I was applying to as well.
I wish you luck too! Let's hope we meet up at a interview. Which other schools?
I am applying to Meharry and Morehouse as well. I think I saw you in Meharry. Are you applying to Morehouse?
I am applying to Meharry and Morehouse as well. I think I saw you in Meharry. Are you applying to Morehouse?
no, just Meharry and Howard.
Called today and was told to straight up chill out and then we both cracked up. So I know that I am fine. I was also told that Howard isn't like other schools and that the review process can be quick one week and slow down the next but they generally review applications in the order they are received and that Howard is slow to reject and may re-review an applicant multiple times before making a decision. So deep breath everyone.... you know what we are gonna do? We're gonna be cool...
Called today and was told to straight up chill out and then we both cracked up. So I know that I am fine. I was also told that Howard isn't like other schools and that the review process can be quick one week and slow down the next but they generally review applications in the order they are received and that Howard is slow to reject and may re-review an applicant multiple times before making a decision. So deep breath everyone.... you know what we are gonna do? We're gonna be cool...
Hahaha thanks for the update!
Called today and was told to straight up chill out and then we both cracked up. So I know that I am fine. I was also told that Howard isn't like other schools and that the review process can be quick one week and slow down the next but they generally review applications in the order they are received and that Howard is slow to reject and may re-review an applicant multiple times before making a decision. So deep breath everyone.... you know what we are gonna do? We're gonna be cool...
Just put "Main Chick" by Kid Ink on replay and then follow that up with X by Chris Brown on replay. Polish off a large pizza hut pan pizza and 2 liter pepsi by yourself. You be chitlin chillun alright.....chitlin chillun
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Love those songs hahahaJust put "Main Chick" by Kid Ink on replay and then follow that up with X by Chris Brown on replay. Polish off a large pizza hut pan pizza and 2 liter pepsi by yourself. You be chitlin chillun alright.....chitlin chillun
Got the confirmation email from Howard! My secondary was received!!! Time for the waiting game....
Sorry if you mentioned this already, but do you mind sharing when you submitted the secondary? I submitted the first week of August and have yet to receive a complete email.

I sent my secondary on Friday... woah that's really weird!!! Maybe you should give them a call and try to see what's upSorry if you mentioned this already, but do you mind sharing when you submitted the secondary? I submitted the first week of August and have yet to receive a complete email.![]()
Am I the only one who didn't receive the "complete" email? Submitted Sept 1 -_-
Did you ever get the "complete" email?Yep I double checked, I did sign it after paying it way back in early August. Looks like there are other people too who have the same issue as me so maybe I shouldn't worry about it too much.
Did you ever get the "complete" email?
I called them and then they sent me the secondary received email.
What number did you call?I called them and then they sent me the secondary received email.
What number did you call?
(202) 806-6279
my email doesn't say secondary complete, but received? is that what yours all say?
SECONDARY ACKNOWLEDGEMENT - PLEASE DO NOT RESPOND TO THIS EMAIL.
Thank you for your interest in Howard University College of Medicine.
You may go on the Apply.medicine.howard website and see that your secondary has been received. The code "SR" indicates that. we are now able to see/review your secondary. A code of "SR" means that both your secondary and letters of recommendation are visible and your application is complete. There will be no other entries on apply.howard website after this designation. However, we assure you that your application is being reviewed.
SECONDARY ACKNOWLEDGEMENT - PLEASE DO NOT RESPOND TO THIS EMAIL.
Thank you for your interest in Howard University College of Medicine.
You may go on the Apply.medicine.howard website and see that your secondary has been received. The code "SR" indicates that. we are now able to see/review your secondary. A code of "SR" means that both your secondary and letters of recommendation are visible and your application is complete. There will be no other entries on apply.howard website after this designation. However, we assure you that your application is being reviewed.
my email doesn't say secondary complete, but received? is that what yours all say?
SECONDARY ACKNOWLEDGEMENT - PLEASE DO NOT RESPOND TO THIS EMAIL.
Thank you for your interest in Howard University College of Medicine.
You may go on the Apply.medicine.howard website and see that your secondary has been received. The code "SR" indicates that. we are now able to see/review your secondary. A code of "SR" means that both your secondary and letters of recommendation are visible and your application is complete. There will be no other entries on apply.howard website after this designation. However, we assure you that your application is being reviewed.
-Yeah that's what mine said as well. Where is this "SR" code thingy?
I think ppl have been saying it just means "Secondary Received" haha-Yeah that's what mine said as well. Where is this "SR" code thingy?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Are there specific photo requirements? Does it have to be formal and all?
no just a simple face pic will do from what I understand.
no just a simple face pic will do from what I understand.
At the same time be smart when submitting a picture. It is the first time the committee will see your face. You want to look professional.
Ha!ok so no bathroom selfies lol
This wait is the worst! Going to be in the DC area on October 30 and thinking of calling and giving an in the area notice. Any thoughts?
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K
- Replies
- 35
- Views
- 11K