You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2014-2015 Howard University Application Thread
Started by gettheleadout
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Congrats! When were you complete?Just got an Interview Invite!! WOOH Love DC!!
Yes do tell. We all are waiting in this super long cycle.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just got an Interview Invite!! WOOH Love DC!!
Awesome! Congrats! Willing to share your stats? I think a lot of us are trying to figure out if there is a method to this madness lol ( and by madness, I'm referring to the long wait time).
Does anyone have any idea how long it takes to get a secondary? I've been waiting for a while now and I am certainly starting to get concerned
Dude you gotta call. I had the same problem and they sent it to me while on the phone.
Does anyone have any idea how long it takes to get a secondary? I've been waiting for a while now and I am certainly starting to get concerned
Yes definitely call. I got my secondary before my MCAT scores were even released.
II this morning! Stay hopeful guys!!
Congrats! When were you complete?II this morning! Stay hopeful guys!!
Congrats! When were you complete?
I was complete 8/22! So over a month of waiting. 🙂
Awesome! Thanks for the time frame! I submitted on 9/1 and was getting worried but now I know I just gotta be a little patient! Congrats!!! When are you going?I was complete 8/22! So over a month of waiting. 🙂
And did you ever get a complete email? Or does it just say complete on the portal..."your application is ready"?I was complete 8/22! So over a month of waiting. 🙂
Awesome! Thanks for the time frame! I submitted on 9/1 and was getting worried but now I know I just gotta be a little patient! Congrats!!! When are you going?
They gave me two options 10/28 and 11/04. I'm thinking of going 11/04. And yes, try not to worry yourself during the waiting process! It's still pretty early in the game 🙂
And did you ever get a complete email? Or does it just say complete on the portal..."your application is ready"?
I'm not sure what the complete email looks like but I did get the secondary received and acknowledged email. 🙂
Oh thats the email I was referring to. When did you receive that email? You submitted on 08/22 right? I am just trying to figure out how long it takes for them to acknowledge.I'm not sure what the complete email looks like but I did get the secondary received and acknowledged email. 🙂
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Oh thats the email I was referring to. When did you receive that email? You submitted on 08/22 right? I am just trying to figure out how long it takes for them to acknowledge.
Oh! I submitted my secondary 8/20. Complete email 8/22. 🙂 when did you submit?
I submitted 2 weeks ago but the only email i got was payment received.Oh! I submitted my secondary 8/20. Complete email 8/22. 🙂 when did you submit?
I've been complete since early August (8/8 I believe), but I haven't heard anything...should I be worried?
Yes and no. Yes because they review in the order they receive apps which means you maybe on hold. No because the will continue to review your app multiple times.I've been complete since early August (8/8 I believe), but I haven't heard anything...should I be worried?
I was complete 8/28. Soooooo would love to interview here. Come on Howard don't let me down
I was complete 8/28. Soooooo would love to interview here. Come on Howard don't let me down
Heyyy, you're applying here too? We're applying to so many of the same schools haha
I don't know why I'm so much more antsy for Howard than all my other schools. Perhaps it is a sign that it is much higher on my list than I initially expected it to be
Interview invite here! Cheap hotel ideas?! Anyone interviewing 10/21?
Interview invite here! Cheap hotel ideas?! Anyone interviewing 10/21?
did you get it just now??
Nope, sometime early last week.did you get it just now??
Nope, sometime early last week.
Congrats man! Let's hope I get it too! 🙂
Thanks! I pray you do tooCongrats man! Let's hope I get it too! 🙂
When were you complete? CongratsInterview invite here! Cheap hotel ideas?! Anyone interviewing 10/21?
08/25, and thanks!When were you complete? Congrats
Interview invite here! Cheap hotel ideas?! Anyone interviewing 10/21?
Airbnb.com! I just went to DC in Aug and the house I stayed at was awesome and safe.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thank you NCPremed13Airbnb.com! I just went to DC in Aug and the house I stayed at was awesome and safe.
Good luck! My birthday wishes will be with you!!Interview invite here! Cheap hotel ideas?! Anyone interviewing 10/21?
Anyone know if Biochemistry lab can substitute one of the organic chem labs? I would hate to pay the fee to only find out I'm eligible since I only took one semester of organic chem lab
Looks like Howard is reviewing the applications submitted in late August now. Hope they send more IIs soon!
Come on Howard how about an interview.
How do you know that?Looks like Howard is reviewing the applications submitted in late August now. Hope they send more IIs soon!
The last people here to post II were submitted in late AugustHow do you know that?
I realized that after I sent you the msg. Ha! Slow moment. ThxThe last people here to post II were submitted in late August
Pretty sure you need two semesters of organic chem with labs. Go to Howard's website and see the admission requirements. Hope everything works out.Anyone know if Biochemistry lab can substitute one of the organic chem labs? I would hate to pay the fee to only find out I'm eligible since I only took one semester of organic chem lab
Any new IIs?
I am pulling my hair out waiting to hear from this school. I am making offerings to the gods at this point.
AHHHHH!!!!!!!!111
At least it is not just me! This wait is horrible! I'm about to look through old threads to see when most people started hearing back.
Already did that. They are running behind from last yearAt least it is not just me! This wait is horrible! I'm about to look through old threads to see when most people started hearing back.
Already did that. They are running behind from last year
You aren't kidding. They had interview invites as early as mid-September. Welp, patience is definitely a virtue!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Awesome! Congrats! Willing to share your stats? I think a lot of us are trying to figure out if there is a method to this madness lol ( and by madness, I'm referring to the long wait time).
Ahh sorry! Didn't see this! I was complete August 22nd and received the II September 25th! I'm still really excited about this 🙂 To @allprayers23 I'm OOS with average stats but a strong overall application!
Ahh sorry! Didn't see this! I was complete August 22nd and received the II September 25th! I'm still really excited about this 🙂 To @allprayers23 I'm OOS with average stats but a strong overall application!
Congratulations! I'm sure you must be excited. Are you URM?
Yesss I am! I'm actually like 7 minorities lmao soo who knows which one they classify me asCongratulations! I'm sure you must be excited. Are you URM?
Hey!
This might be a dumb question but when Howard says it wants Inorganic Chemistry, does that mean general chemistry? I've seen on a few other sites " inorganic/general chem" so I just wanted to clarify. I know inorganic is a totally different class but general chemistry isn't even listed as a pre-req for howard.
This might be a dumb question but when Howard says it wants Inorganic Chemistry, does that mean general chemistry? I've seen on a few other sites " inorganic/general chem" so I just wanted to clarify. I know inorganic is a totally different class but general chemistry isn't even listed as a pre-req for howard.
Hey!
This might be a dumb question but when Howard says it wants Inorganic Chemistry, does that mean general chemistry? I've seen on a few other sites " inorganic/general chem" so I just wanted to clarify. I know inorganic is a totally different class but general chemistry isn't even listed as a pre-req for howard.
inorganic chemistry = general chemistry
i've never heard of them being taught as separate classes?
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K
- Replies
- 35
- Views
- 11K