You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2014-2015 Indiana University Application Thread
Started by gettheleadout
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I did as well...any idea what to make of it?Did all alternates get a background check email today?
I just called .... ACCEPTED TO INDIANAPOLIS CAMPUS!!! I literally cannot believe I FINALLY get to make this post!!!!
Apparently my letter was mailed on Friday. Live 20 minutes away from downtown so not sure why I haven't received it.
GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE STILL ON WAITLIST. Sending you all the absolute best of luck!!!!
Apparently my letter was mailed on Friday. Live 20 minutes away from downtown so not sure why I haven't received it.
GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE STILL ON WAITLIST. Sending you all the absolute best of luck!!!!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Called after you said you did, and it was the best phone call of my life! Also accepted! Terre Haute campus - let me know if you'd like to switch 🙂I just called .... ACCEPTED TO INDIANAPOLIS CAMPUS!!! I literally cannot believe I FINALLY get to make this post!!!!
Apparently my letter was mailed on Friday. Live 20 minutes away from downtown so not sure why I haven't received it.
GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE STILL ON WAITLIST. Sending you all the absolute best of luck!!!!
Yay congrats!!!!!!!! I don't know about you but I'm still jumping around my house! Thanks for the offer but I think I'll keep Indy 😉
I jumped the gun a bit, my letter arrived in the mail just now.
Good luck to everyone on WL. If this year is anything like last year there will hopefully be movement all through the summer!
I jumped the gun a bit, my letter arrived in the mail just now.
Good luck to everyone on WL. If this year is anything like last year there will hopefully be movement all through the summer!
Will you let us know when you see your portal has updated?
Will do! As of today still says "alternate". I did get the background check email today.
Got the email today and was accepted as well!
Is there a chance for waitlisted accepted students to change their location?
As far as I could tell from previous years' threads, I think it's pretty set in stone, but definitely don't take my word for it.
To anyone recently accepted -- what is the next step? I called the office and it sounds like the portal gets updated tomorrow, so is that when we gain access to health documents, forms, etc?
Portal has been updated
For the April 30th drop out date. After then ppl typically only give up their seats for emergencies
Speaking to the second part of this "people typically only give up their seats for emergencies", I would say that is not really valid. Someone accepted to IUSM might still be on the wait list at another school that they would rather go to. And if they get off the wait list there, they will withdraw their spot and then someone on the wait list at IU will get it. Wait list movement is a trickling down process.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey all, just wondering for some tips for an upcoming applicant. I'm OOS and wondering if I should apply -- 32 mcat with 3.9 gpa ... pretty good ECs.
Yes
Yes, definitely. I was an OOS applicant and will be attending in the fall. As far as tips: There's was no secondary for last year's cycle, so your AMCAS will have to shine.Hey all, just wondering for some tips for an upcoming applicant. I'm OOS and wondering if I should apply -- 32 mcat with 3.9 gpa ... pretty good ECs.
just curious, what were the reasons why you applied here / what do you like about this school? anyone else is free to reply too!Yes, definitely. I was an OOS applicant and will be attending in the fall. As far as tips: There's was no secondary for last year's cycle, so your AMCAS will have to shine.
This is for last year's cycle. So these are people coming off of the waitlist. There should be another page started for this cycle. Plus most schools don't even begin interviewing until august/septSo people who applied during last years cycle are getting accepted off of the wait list now? I'm trying to get a general sense of the timeline of things here. That's almost a year? Or are people who applied June 1st getting accepted already?
Speaking to the second part of this "people typically only give up their seats for emergencies", I would say that is not really valid. Someone accepted to IUSM might still be on the wait list at another school that they would rather go to. And if they get off the wait list there, they will withdraw their spot and then someone on the wait list at IU will get it. Wait list movement is a trickling down process.
Even still... There's still a limited amount of this...
Even still... There's still a limited amount of this...
That may be true at this point in the cycle. But if you are suggesting that not many people accepted at IUSM are on wait lists at schools they would rather go to, that might be a bit naive.
Either way, good luck to everyone on this thread!! Those of you still hanging in limbo, it is good to be prepared and get going with re-application. Stay positive! Those of you who have gone through struggles in this process will be the ones who are determined when you get there. Trust me on this. Keep chugging through everybody 🙂
Accepted at the Muncie campus!
Accepted at the Muncie campus!
Congrats!!
I'm not sure if anyone is still watching this thread... but, I'm currently applying to IUSM and I'm wondering if any of you could give me the student's view of each campus? AKA- how much do all the students study together and get to know the professors? Do people actually go to lecture or do you all watch the recordings? Do you feel like you've gotten to know each other and have the support of the professors when you're struggling etc... Really any info you could offer to help me choose a campus would be great.
I don't know much about satellite campuses since I'm an Indy person but at Indy you have to be proactive, at least to some extent. I knew the course directors and my small group leaders, but not most people who would lecture us. I was one of the few people who attended class and a group of us would stick around and eat lunch together and sometimes study together. You can get support but you need to ask for it unless you are failing in which case the professors contact you. Also not sure how they are doing lectures but for part of the year this past year, lectures were required for the new curriculum and people complained so much they made them optional. Not sure if they are still optional but I recommend going to class because staring at a computer screen all day is so isolating (but ends up what most people end up doing). I know people got really close at other campuses but I feel like I have a good group of friends. It just took me a little longer to get to know people and get that group.
I know you get perks like free food at satellite campuses and you definitely do get to know professors better. I do know that a few classes at some satellite campuses have been taught electronically in the past so you may want to check and see if they are still doing that. If you do have a specific campus in mind and have the minimum stats, I recommend early decision so that you can choose your campus.
I know you get perks like free food at satellite campuses and you definitely do get to know professors better. I do know that a few classes at some satellite campuses have been taught electronically in the past so you may want to check and see if they are still doing that. If you do have a specific campus in mind and have the minimum stats, I recommend early decision so that you can choose your campus.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K
- Replies
- 35
- Views
- 11K