2025-2026 Indiana

Started by chilly_md
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone know that if one was to get accepted into the IUSOM Urban Medicine Program in Gary, if it was possible to transfer out to Indy or change placements? Or if you got into IUSOM through the Urban Medicine Program you're locked into Gary?
You are locked in
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Heard that decisions were sent out this day last year, has anyone heard anything? I interviewed 11/5
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe they mail out acceptance letters on the 15th. Since its snail mail and will take a few days if not longer due to the holidays, people probably won't know until the end of the week or later.
 
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe they mail out acceptance letters on the 15th. Since its snail mail and will take a few days if not longer due to the holidays, people probably won't know until the end of the week or later.
I just assumed that the emails would go out immediately. But I'm definitely not sure.

Edit: I'm reading back and it does look like emails come out approx. a week after letters are mailed on or near the 15th of the month. So it seems we have a little waiting still to do!
 
Last edited:
Congrats!!! Did you get a letter or email?
I got a letter! Haven't received an email yet and my student portal isn't updated either. I only live around 2 ish hours from indy so I would assume my letter would be one of the first ones to arrive since I'm pretty close!
 
+1 IS RD A!! Never been happier in my life! Interviewed 10/29
Congrats! I also interviewed 10/29 and I live in Indy. Haven't gotten anything yet, and my AMCAS address is one hour from Indy so I wonder if this means I won't hear about it until next month then.
 
Congrats! I also interviewed 10/29 and I live in Indy. Haven't gotten anything yet, and my AMCAS address is one hour from Indy so I wonder if this means I won't hear about it until next month then.
I think IU is one of those schools where you seriously just don’t know when you will hear back.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
For people who have interviewed. Did your portal change to signal that you finished? Or was it just an email saying your application can now be presented to for review.
 
Does anyone know if they accept update letters or letters of intent for those who have already interviewed? Interviewed in October and am still waiting to hear back.
 
Does anyone know if they accept update letters or letters of intent for those who have already interviewed? Interviewed in October and am still waiting to hear back.
They do accept update letters, upload in portal. I emailed the admission office as well since I sent it over the holidays. I think you're supposed to hear back a decision before sending a letter of intent? They do accept it I believe. I also interviewed in Oct and am still waiting to hear back...
 
Just curious -- has anyone who lives in Indianapolis or a suburb received a letter on the actual 15th or is it always a few days after due to the mail?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
For those of you have interviewed, my understanding is they have two 1-on-1 open file interviews and not a 2 person panel. Was that your experience and were any questions repeated if so?
There is one main interviewer and someone spectating. The second interviewer asked me one question about my research, but that was it. My friends who applied had similar experiences
 
For those of you have interviewed, my understanding is they have two 1-on-1 open file interviews and not a 2 person panel. Was that your experience and were any questions repeated if so?
I had two faculty interviewers and a med student. All in one session.
 
For those of you have interviewed, my understanding is they have two 1-on-1 open file interviews and not a 2 person panel. Was that your experience and were any questions repeated if so?
My interviewers were both present at the same time - one asked about the urban medicine program and the other asked more general interview style questions
 
For people who have gotten accepted, did anything show up on informed delivery for you or nothing since it is a large letter? If it did show up on informed delivery, can you describe what it looked like for me?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad