-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2025-2026 Indiana
Started by chilly_md
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
vp303.c.elegans
New Member
Seems like no. Nothing on admit for this month eitheranybody gotten anything ?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
themoonandme
New Member
so should i give up hope for this month then? anyone get anything??
Maybe a week late for spring break
Prospectivestudent1212
Full Member
are we all WL bound chat??
Do not give up hope. Same thing happened 2024. Keep in mind IU's undergrad and their "main campus connection" IU-Indy were both on spring break last week. Good chance they send out letters this week. The chance is basically 0 that no one reported on here or admit.org. Good chance final acceptances go out this week, and waitlist notifications start in April
lovethisstuff99
New Member
Got an acceptance over email today! Interviewed on October 1 with a GPA of 3.99 and an MCAT of 508. So happy, God is good!
bluebuttons
New Member
I got an acceptance email! No letter yet. OOS applicant who interviewed October 8th
themoonandme
New Member
another acceptance email 🙂 IS, interviewed on 1/21 with a 508 and 3.92
Are your portals updated??another acceptance email 🙂 IS, interviewed on 1/21 with a 508 and 3.92
themoonandme
New Member
yes! new tab appeared on my portalAre your portals updated??
projectpat16
New Member
Wondering where this info is coming from. I know the waitlist comes out in April but in last years SDN someone got accepted in April as well.Just a heads up if you were not accepted today, since they sent out emails to everyone early.... It's probably WL or bust.
vp303.c.elegans
New Member
Does anyone know what the WL movement looks like? I feel cooked having not been accepted by this point :/
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
limecheeto
New Member
congrats!!!! was this via email or letter?Accepted!!! IS, interviewed on 1/21, 507 MCAT and 3.7 GPA (3.4 undergrad, 4.0 masters)
Tons of people on admit says there are none that go out. I have since found out it's not true after looking at last year's SDN lol. There are a few in April. Move movement in May of WL bc of the CTE deadlines traditionallyWondering where this info is coming from. I know the waitlist comes out in April but in last years SDN someone got accepted in April as well.
Email, haven't gotten a letter yet.congrats!!!! was this via email or letter?
MidwestMedApplicant
New Member
Got an acceptance email today. Interviewed in August. 3.9 and 509 IS applicant
Also wondering this...Has anyone been accepted to the urban medicine program?
blankprofile123
New Member
I was accepted on Monday to UMPAlso wondering this...
Congrats! 🥳I was accepted on Monday to UMP
ilovemed25
New Member
On the IUSM admissions website it says: "Prospective applicants and applicants who interviewed but did not receive an offer of acceptance may schedule an appointment by calling 317-274-3772 or emailing ."
Does anyone have any idea what these meetings are like? If I am still waiting to hear back, is it worth setting up an appointment?
Does anyone have any idea what these meetings are like? If I am still waiting to hear back, is it worth setting up an appointment?
coffeebeansoup
Full Member
They basically sit down with you and tell you what went wrong in your application and how you can improve. From what I have heard, they read your application front to back and review interview notes. It can be very helpful to hear a new perspective (if you missed something in your application, if you need to work on interviewing, etc.) and they are never mean about it. If you are still waiting to hear back and haven’t been rejected or WL, I don’t know if you can schedule an appointment.On the IUSM admissions website it says: "Prospective applicants and applicants who interviewed but did not receive an offer of acceptance may schedule an appointment by calling 317-274-3772 or emailing ."
Does anyone have any idea what these meetings are like? If I am still waiting to hear back, is it worth setting up an appointment?
MDonedaysoon
New Member
Heard IU sent an immunization form out to accepted applicants with 360 cc's on the email, do we expect april acceptances? It seems people received A's in the days after April 15th in previous cycles on SDN
Prospectivestudent1212
Full Member
Is [email protected] responding to anyone? I'm trying to contact them via email and there's no response, seems like others on admit.org are experiencing similar things.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
_anonymous123
Full Member
Does anyone know when campus placements come out?
Prospectivestudent1212
Full Member
I think they'll come out May 8th. Usually they come out the first or second week of May.Does anyone know when campus placements come out?
Does anyone know if submitting the campus placement form later gives you lower priority? (like someone accepted in December vs someone accepted in March)
_anonymous123
Full Member
From everything I read, unfortunately submitting later does give lower priority. I submitted around the same time and am not expecting to receive the Indy campus (1st choice), as that is most people’s top choiceI think they'll come out May 8th. Usually they come out the first or second week of May.
Does anyone know if submitting the campus placement form later gives you lower priority? (like someone accepted in December vs someone accepted in March)
projectpat16
New Member
Does anyone know when the waitlist will be sent out?
potatofarmer17
Full Member
+1 AL OOS just got it im happy but also like hahaha what do i do now
Now lolDoes anyone know when the waitlist will be sent out?
vp303.c.elegans
New Member
+1 IS AL
Out of curiosity how many people get on the AL versus how many are rejected? Like does everyone who wasn’t an A already post II get on this or have post II’s been R by now?
The portal says that approximately 100 people receive alternate lists each year, while the number accepted off that list varies.Out of curiosity how many people get on the AL versus how many are rejected? Like does everyone who wasn’t an A already post II get on this or have post II’s been R by now?
meginmed12
New Member
I think it just depends on openings as they come. Campus placements are about to go out, so if someone who was placed at Indy decides not to go, it would leave the Indy spot open for those on the alternative list+1 IS AL. Does anyone know if it’s at all possible to get into the Indi campus from the AL? Location is super important to me and will probably end up going with Marian if I got into a different campus.
Based on previous years, I’m pretty sure everyone who is not on the AL (or already A) will be R.Out of curiosity how many people get on the AL versus how many are rejected? Like does everyone who wasn’t an A already post II get on this or have post II’s been R by now?
zastronaut
Full Member
+1 IS AL. My sister in law attends IUSM and she knows students get off WL and placed in Indy. I am curious since it's not a rank list but holistic, if they would assign us based on our experience/affiliation to a certain campus's WL. Pro about this is if you get off you would be in the campus you want, Con is you may not get off if no spot opens up and you might've gotten in if you were placed on another campus's WL.+1 IS AL. Does anyone know if it’s at all possible to get into the Indi campus from the AL? Location is super important to me and will probably end up going with Marian if I got into a different campus.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
A 5 hour round-trip commute (or even regular weekend trip) isn’t very feasible for me. I’d rather stay in Indianapolis near my family, friends, boyfriend, research lab, and horse, plus no living expenses. I’m not into any competitive specialties, so DO vs. MD doesn’t matter to me as much as all these social/extracurricular factors do.It is very unlikely normally to get off and go to Indy. That is the most sought-after campus anyway. It definitely does happen but, it is not as common as other campuses. You said location was super important, yet every campus is within a 2.5 hour drive from Indy...???
If I didn’t have any other acceptances I would move for school, but since I was accepted to Marian there’s no need. I understand other people will make different decision for themselves though, this is just what I decided is best for me.
potatofarmer17
Full Member
curious if anyone has WL movement stats from previous years as I am too lazy to go look lol. also wanted to confirm - is the WL date-specific? like if I got on the WL last week vs. someone who's been on the WL since october, are they ranked higher? or is it holistic?
Thanks pals
Thanks pals
Looks like WL movement mainly happens end of May. From my understanding, everyone got on the WL at the same time (last week). I think about 25% get off the WL each year, but am not certain.curious if anyone has WL movement stats from previous years as I am too lazy to go look lol. also wanted to confirm - is the WL date-specific? like if I got on the WL last week vs. someone who's been on the WL since october, are they ranked higher? or is it holistic?
Thanks pals
With campus assignments starting to roll out, some people in the IUSM GroupMe have started creating smaller GroupMes for each regional campus. I'll link the ones that have been made so far, and try to update as they come in. Click each regional campus name for the link 🙂
South Bend:
Indy:
Bloomington:
Evansville:
West Lafayette:
South Bend:
Indy:
Bloomington:
Evansville:
West Lafayette:
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K