You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2025-2026 Indiana
Started by chilly_md
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
BowlingForSoup7
New Member
+1 OOS A, Interviewed 10/8
Congratulations! Did you receive an email or a mailed letter?+1 OOS A, Interviewed 10/8
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
BowlingForSoup7
New Member
Thank you! I received both a letter and an email yesterdayCongratulations! Did you receive an email or a mailed letter?
Prospectivestudent1212
Full Member
does anyone know when the WL is made? and when WL movement starts?
Anyone know if it is possible to get placed at a campus earlier than May?
zastronaut
Full Member
Takes them a long time. I would email their office but you should be good. When I messaged them about mine right after my interview to make sure I was good bc I still needed to take some prereq this semester and they said they take transcripts up until June.Anyone know how long it takes for them to verify transcripts after you re-send them after acceptance? I submitted mine like a month and a half ago and its still showing incomplete, I want to make sure I didn't mess it up somehow...
zastronaut
Full Member
Wonder if anyone knows when they sent post-II R's in previous years? About to lose hope and want to start bracing myself ...
billyvanilly
New Member
From what I know, the only way to get placed sooner is if you submit the special consideration campus placement form and are approved.Anyone know if it is possible to get placed at a campus earlier than May?
Prospectivestudent1212
Full Member
Decisions coming out Feb 15? Looked at previous cycle and doesn't look like anything came out in Feb.
limecheeto
New Member
I specifically asked the admissions office whether there will be a decision release on Feb 15 and all they said was that they can only guarantee we'll hear something by June 🙁 not super helpfulDecisions coming out Feb 15? Looked at previous cycle and doesn't look like anything came out in Feb.
binkywheezer
New Member
It looks to me like on the last cycle's SDN forum that decisions did come out in February.Decisions coming out Feb 15? Looked at previous cycle and doesn't look like anything came out in Feb.
2024-2025 Indiana
zastronaut
Full Member
Looking at Admit.org one person who interviewed/received II back in October received R earlier this month, so it would appear they are sending out decisions if that date reported was correct.It looks to me like on the last cycle's SDN forum that decisions did come out in February.
2024-2025 Indiana
potatofarmer17
Full Member
Does Indiana accept letters of interest post interview? Thinking of writing one.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Also debating writing one. I interviewed in early Nov as an ISS (granted I applied kind of late in the cycle) and haven't heard anything back yet :')Does Indiana accept letters of interest post interview? Thinking of writing one.
jupiterhorse
New Member
Does anyone know when IU sent letters this month, given that the 15th fell on a Sunday?
vp303.c.elegans
New Member
Yeah, I'm wondering if they'll even send them at all this month?Does anyone know when IU sent letters this month, given that the 15th fell on a Sunday?
IU would send them out via mail on 2/16 instead. They do not skip a month because it fell on a weekend. We'll see who all hears backDoes anyone know when IU sent letters this month, given that the 15th fell on a Sunday?
Past years indicate notifications are received in mid-late April and movement starts soon afterdoes anyone know when the WL is made? and when WL movement starts?
I've seen a few different names show up as IU rejections today on admit dot org in Cycle Results. Unfortunately the Live Results feed isn't showing them. I've seen this before in which Live Results status updates aren't appearing but then the IU 2025-26 Cycle Status page will show them in their current applicants list the next day or two typically.
Edit: Ope! First acceptance I've seen today for IU just popped up on Admit.
Edit: Ope! First acceptance I've seen today for IU just popped up on Admit.
Last edited:
I interviewed back in August and haven’t heard anything since. Does anyone know if this means I’ve been rejected or put on the waitlist? Trying to decide if I should put my seat deposit for Marian in or keep waiting to hear from IU. If keep waiting, does anyone have any clue when I can expect to hear from they by?
lovethisstuff99
New Member
I would say wait until the 22nd, if your deposit date doesn't pass by then, because that is when IU sends out acceptance emails each month. If they don't, then I would give a deposit to Marian to keep your spot. But that's just my advice. 🙂I interviewed back in August and haven’t heard anything since. Does anyone know if this means I’ve been rejected or put on the waitlist? Trying to decide if I should put my seat deposit for Marian in or keep waiting to hear from IU. If keep waiting, does anyone have any clue when I can expect to hear from they by?
Stethoscope31
New Member
Has anyone heard back about scholarships?
MidwestMedApplicant
New Member
I’m in the same spot and from what I’ve seen from earlier cycles is people like us who interviewed in August but didn’t hear back, heard in March-May and were either accepted or waitlisted and the accepted. I would not take this as a rejection as IU likes to hold onto people until the end. I’ve had friends accepted in July.I interviewed back in August and haven’t heard anything since. Does anyone know if this means I’ve been rejected or put on the waitlist? Trying to decide if I should put my seat deposit for Marian in or keep waiting to hear from IU. If keep waiting, does anyone have any clue when I can expect to hear from they by?
MidwestMedApplicant
New Member
To add onto this you have to remember IU isn’t like other schools where they either want you or they don’t. They weight how their applicants could fit into their different regional campuses, so it is more strategic on their end.I’m in the same spot and from what I’ve seen from earlier cycles is people like us who interviewed in August but didn’t hear back, heard in March-May and were either accepted or waitlisted and the accepted. I would not take this as a rejection as IU likes to hold onto people until the end. I’ve had friends accepted in July.
zastronaut
Full Member
I feel like this could be where it gets chaotic. Because you get to choose campus, and it's been assumed that campus choice is on a first come first serve base. So for the applicants that they admit early, they basically get to go wherever they pick, so those earlier admissions must be so rounded they can fit anywhere they choose? Do you think adcom would hold onto applicants so they will just be left with no choice but to be put in campuses they intended them to be in rather than letting candidates choose?To add onto this you have to remember IU isn’t like other schools where they either want you or they don’t. They weight how their applicants could fit into their different regional campuses, so it is more strategic on their end.
vp303.c.elegans
New Member
So were there no acceptances this month?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Prospectivestudent1212
Full Member
Admit.org says there were 4 acceptances in February.So were there no acceptances this month?
Any movement for UMP post II? Interviewed 10/29 and crickets 😭
lovethisstuff99
New Member
When are the last IUSM interviews? With other schools, they gave out a vast majority of their acceptances to their non-OOS and not super high-ranking applicants after all the interviews.
IUSM interviews are basically over. IU runs a little later in terms of acceptances. March is when lower ranked individuals get in/waitlisted. IU is infamously known for high amount of WL movement especially for IS applicants. If you're IS you still have realistic shot. OOS it's a long shotWhen are the last IUSM interviews? With other schools, they gave out a vast majority of their acceptances to their non-OOS and not super high-ranking applicants after all the interviews.
Prospectivestudent1212
Full Member
So what are the chances for IS tho? Like I interviewed in 10/08 and haven't heard anything, LM 66 btw. I already have other MD As that require CTE on July 5th. Do you think there will be movement before then?IUSM interviews are basically over. IU runs a little later in terms of acceptances. March is when lower ranked individuals get in/waitlisted. IU is infamously known for high amount of WL movement especially for IS applicants. If you're IS you still have realistic shot. OOS it's a long shot
when do scholarship emails drop?
Stethoscope31
New Member
I haven't heard anything yet. Last year they heard around mid Feb so hopefully we hear soon!when do scholarship emails drop?
Movement should be done before then lol. Past few years indicate WLs go out mid-late April and movement starts almost immediately. Majority of movement happens late MaySo what are the chances for IS tho? Like I interviewed in 10/08 and haven't heard anything, LM 66 btw. I already have other MD As that require CTE on July 5th. Do you think there will be movement before then?
drbananafreckle
New Member
I was accepted mid feb (in state). They mailed acceptance envelopes on the 13th, but I didn't get mine in the mail for over a week.
meginmed12
New Member
I'm pretty sure it was sent to everyone post-interviewDid anyone else get the general update email that says your application is still under consideration? Trying to figure out if this was just sent to everyone who has interviewed or if it’s genuinely only to those who are still being considered.
Still haven’t heard a peep. Going elsewhere but weird to not even receive the general update you are all reporting.
lovethisstuff99
New Member
Please, for the love of all things holy, withdraw your application if you are not planning on going there whatsoever.Still haven’t heard a peep. Going elsewhere but weird to not even receive the general update you are all reporting.
Did anyone get scholarship news yet?
He can hold his acceptance until he has to narrow it down lol. I would love to go here too but, he does not have to withdraw anything until AMCAS says he has to...Please, for the love of all things holy, withdraw your application if you are not planning on going there whatsoever.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
coffeebeansoup
Full Member
Someone on admit said we would hear about scholarships/finaid the first week of April. They are probably moving slower bc of the BBB this yearDid anyone get scholarship news yet?
potatofarmer17
Full Member
I also got this email, was interviewed in JanuaryDid anyone else get the general update email that says your application is still under consideration? Trying to figure out if this was just sent to everyone who has interviewed or if it’s genuinely only to those who are still being considered.
zastronaut
Full Member
mails are most likely being sent out today, so more towards tomorrow to mid-weekAny word today or do we think it'll be mid-week for release?
As seems normal this cycle, Wednesday will be most likely day for IS letters and times will range all the way up to a week for OOS lettersAny word today or do we think it'll be mid-week for release?
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K