2014-2015 Mayo Medical School Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

I used AMCAS for my letters and they were uploaded before I submitted my app - so once my app was transmitted to schools, does that mean Mayo shouldn't need to request my letters?
 
I used AMCAS for my letters and they were uploaded before I submitted my app - so once my app was transmitted to schools, does that mean Mayo shouldn't need to request my letters?

Not quite. If they want your LOR, they'll still request them. However, you won't need to do anything on your part. Mayo will just get the letters off of AMCAS at that time.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just submitted my fee today.

Slightly below average stats (33/3.6), but I think I might have that "exceptional" factor that Mayo's looking for.

I'm crossing my fingers!
 
Just submitted my fee today.

Slightly below average stats (33/3.6), but I think I might have that "exceptional" factor that Mayo's looking for.

I'm crossing my fingers!

Good luck! I have very similar stats and got a LOR request. They are definitely looking for fit it seems.
 
LOR sent 7/25, requested 7/31, mark received just now 8/6/14.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
How long did it take in between your guys' fee request and letter request? Sorry if it's been posted already.
 
Fee request 7/3
Fee Received 7/7
Letter request 7/9
Letters assigned on AMCAS 7/9
Letters Received email 7/10
 
So I never took biochem, but they asked me if I will take it in the future. Did anyone else get this email as well?

Yes, I got that right before I received an LOR request. Just let them know when you plan to take it, and they'll make a note of it.
 
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Guys, Virginia Commonwealth is on page 19 on their thread... We can't be outdone!

To be fair, the VCU thread is so long because the essay prompt changed a few weeks after secondaries were sent out hahaha. There was a flurry of mass panic. Plus, they have really strange status updates that some people get and others don't.... So that is an active realm of discussion as well!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
It looks like by this time last year Mayo had already sent out some II's. But it looks like post-LOR rejections can take a while.