-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2014-2015 Meharry Medical College Application Thread
Started by gettheleadout
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Not sure about Meharry cause I have not received interview yet. However, on average you can expect to wait between 4-6 weeks for a decision post interview. Some schools do it quicker and others want to take their time and chill out while they ruminate about their decisions. But you can bet on the 4-6wk time frame. Have you interviewed here or you are just curious? Good luck!For those of you who have interviewed, when are you expecting to hear back with a decision? Or does anyone who hasn't interview know the answer?
Thanks!
Thanks! I interviewed at Meharry on October 6 and haven't heard anything yet even though they said it would only be a week or so... I don't think anyone has received an acceptance yet right? Please correct me if I'm wrong!Not sure about Meharry cause I have not received interview yet. However, on average you can expect to wait between 4-6 weeks for a decision post interview. Some schools do it quicker and others want to take their time and chill out while they ruminate about their decisions. But you can bet on the 4-6wk time frame. Have you interviewed here or you are just curious? Good luck!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
You are correct, they haven't said anything at all to anyone. Which is weird, idk when they will send decisions.Thanks! I interviewed at Meharry on October 6 and haven't heard anything yet even though they said it would only be a week or so... I don't think anyone has received an acceptance yet right? Please correct me if I'm wrong!
Accepted! Earlier this evening around 6:30 I received the email, but I didn't even check until 8—basically made my entire weekend and then some! I interviewed 10/06 as well and have been anxiously waiting ever since. Today is the only day that I didn't check my email like almost every hour and BAM, a miracle! Good luck to everyone, I know it's hard waiting, but when you least expect it, good will happen!
Congratulations!! Did anyone else receive anything?Accepted! Earlier this evening around 6:30 I received the email, but I didn't even check until 8—basically made my entire weekend and then some! I interviewed 10/06 as well and have been anxiously waiting ever since. Today is the only day that I didn't check my email like almost every hour and BAM, a miracle! Good luck to everyone, I know it's hard waiting, but when you least expect it, good will happen!
Any more interview invitations? I'm losing it over here!!! Geesh
Congrats on your acceptance. IF you don't mind sharing your stats and interview experience then please let us know.Accepted! Earlier this evening around 6:30 I received the email, but I didn't even check until 8—basically made my entire weekend and then some! I interviewed 10/06 as well and have been anxiously waiting ever since. Today is the only day that I didn't check my email like almost every hour and BAM, a miracle! Good luck to everyone, I know it's hard waiting, but when you least expect it, good will happen!
Congrats on your acceptance. IF you don't mind sharing your stats and interview experience then please let us know.
Thanks and Yeah , 27 MCAT, 3.3 GPA, tons of volunteer experience, 50 hrs shadowing, currently working as a medical assistant. First time applying to Meharry, and my interview went as well as I could have hoped! They were pretty relaxed but still professional, good luck to you!
+1Any more interview invitations? I'm losing it over here!!! Geesh
Thanks and Yeah , 27 MCAT, 3.3 GPA, tons of volunteer experience, 50 hrs shadowing, currently working as a medical assistant. First time applying to Meharry, and my interview went as well as I could have hoped! They were pretty relaxed but still professional, good luck to you!
Congratulations guys!!!
Aw, Congrats to you and all of the people who got accepted! It is a relief and you have one less thing to worry about. Pray for us that we get some luvvv from Meharry (still waiting on the interview). Best of luck!ACCEPTED!!! Just read the email this morning!
Congratulations!! Did you get the email last night or this morning?ACCEPTED!!! Just read the email this morning!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congratulations!! Did you get the email last night or this morning?
Email came last night!
Here's to another week of panic and anxiety
...
...
Have you gotten interview at Meharry yet?Here's to another week of panic and anxiety...
![]()
Nope :-/ I go the "application under review... May take up to 4-6 weeks... " email on October 9th. Fingers crossed some good news comes soon.Have you gotten interview at Meharry yet?
Here's to another week of panic and anxiety...
![]()
Originally I felt like this
but now it is more like this
and it is almost getting to the point where it is like this 
I feel you bro and hopefully something will come up soon! As long as we are committed to this thing we will eventually get there but I guess it is only human to feel what we are feeling. I wish med schools can just tell the magic candidates or whatever they are looking for in a month or so instead of making us go through this torturous path. The question is how bad do we want it!
Waitlisted post-interview... Interviewed 10/06.
Last edited:
Why are you not surprised? Did the interview not go well?Waitlisted post-interview... Interviewed 10/06. Not surprised honestly.
Many people get accepted from the wait list, so all is not lost.
I mean I hear that like 10% of wait listed people get accepted in general, so I'm not counting on it at all.Why are you not surprised? Did the interview not go well?
Many people get accepted from the wait list, so all is not lost.
Last edited:
Just got II, I guess the ranting on here paid off
. Good luck to u all who are waiting on II or who have already interviewed. I will be on here offering advice if i can or showing my ignorance when I cant. Meharry is my first choice and I hope we can finally seal the deal. Just FYI, the theory about Meharry looking at holistic view is totally true. And being committed (operative term) to the kind of medicine Meharry espouses is I think crucial.
. Good luck to u all who are waiting on II or who have already interviewed. I will be on here offering advice if i can or showing my ignorance when I cant. Meharry is my first choice and I hope we can finally seal the deal. Just FYI, the theory about Meharry looking at holistic view is totally true. And being committed (operative term) to the kind of medicine Meharry espouses is I think crucial.When were you complete?? And congrats! 🙂Just got II, I guess the ranting on here paid off. Good luck to u all who are waiting on II or who have already interviewed. I will be on here offering advice if i can or showing my ignorance when I cant. Meharry is my first choice and I hope we can finally seal the deal. Just FYI, the theory about Meharry looking at holistic view is totally true. And being committed (operative term) to the kind of medicine Meharry espouses is I think crucial.
Thanks, I was complete on 9/22. You got in somewhere. Congrats!When were you complete?? And congrats! 🙂
Thanks Bruin19! Hopefully the interview goes well and we can all be called Meharrians (that just sounds good to me). My state school is still sleeping on my app and if I get into Meharry that would make this whole ordeal sweeter. Good luck to all!Congrats Doctorphilic! Best of luck on your interview.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I think I might lose my sanity before I even hear back from Meharry lol 🤣
Seems like ranting works for everyone else soooo. It's been a month since my app was complete. I want an II meharry!! Puh lease!!! 😀. Let's see if that works. Maybe I'll get an II tomorrow.
Lol!!! Let's see...I'm hoping for you and me both.Seems like ranting works for everyone else soooo. It's been a month since my app was complete. I want an II meharry!! Puh lease!!! 😀. Let's see if that works. Maybe I'll get an II tomorrow.
Me too! Let me jump on this bandwagon real quick!Lol!!! Let's see...I'm hoping for you and me both.
That is funny lol! Hope you and all others who are are set on Meharry get one soon! And if not Meharry, any other school because as someone said, it only takes one to say yessssss!Seems like ranting works for everyone else soooo. It's been a month since my app was complete. I want an II meharry!! Puh lease!!! 😀. Let's see if that works. Maybe I'll get an II tomorrow.
Meharry you are my first choice, please talk to me Meharry, please, please, please...
+1Meharry you are my first choice, please talk to me Meharry, please, please, please...
is Meharry receptive to updates??
Had my interview at Meharry today and I enjoyed my visit way more than I had expected. You can tell that Meharry really cares about their students, having resources to help students whenever they are struggling with courses etc. The only thing that I do not like is that they have an A B C F grading system and they don't record lectures, but overall I was impressed with the school to say the least and am looking forward to see what the other HBCUs have to offer (IDK what the heck is taking Morehouse and Howard so dang long to get back to me!) Anyways, I guess I'll anxiously wait for Meharry to make a decision. Oh and by the way, one of the personnel on the admissions committee told me that they have received approximately twice as many applications as last year so it may take some time for them to send out iis, acceptance/wait list letters, etc.
Last edited:
Thank you for this! When were you complete and when did you receive your II?Had my interview at Meharry today and I enjoyed my visit way more than I had expected. You can tell that Meharry really cares about their students, having resources to help students whenever they are struggling with courses etc. The only thing that I do not like is that they have an A B C F grading system and they don't record lectures, but overall I was impressed with the school to say the least and am looking forward to see what the other HBCUs have to offer (IDK what the heck is taking Morehouse and Howard so dang long to get back to me!) Anyways, I guess I'll anxiously wait for Meharry to get back to me. Oh and by the way, one of the personnel on the admissions committee told me that they have received approximately twice as many applications as last year so it may take some time for them to send out iis, acceptance/wait list letters, etc.
No problemo, I was complete on 10/29 and got my ii on 11/5.Thank you for this! When were you complete and when did you receive your II?
Last edited:
Hmmmm. I was compete two weeks prior. Did I get skipped over?! Sad faceNo problemo, I was complete on 10/29 and got my ii in 11/5.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
i know i was defintely skipped overHahaha---I was complete lllooonnnggg ago and think I was skipped over too! @allprayers23
No problemo, I was complete on 10/29 and got my ii on 11/5.
Congrats on your II, and thanks for the info...
Mind sharing your stats?
Hmmmm. I was compete two weeks prior. Did I get skipped over?! Sad face
GPA around 3.5 ish and 27 MCAT, nothing special.Congrats on your II, and thanks for the info...
Mind sharing your stats?
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I'm going nuts here. I know I'm not the only one with this feeling...
Finally got a complete email today...was at a diff Interview yesterday when I saw the email and almost jumped off my chair thinking it was an II smh😳