2014-2015 Meharry Medical College Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Does anyone have an AMCAS Fee Waiver? Meharry is supposed to accept that for the secondary, but I don't see that option -- unless it's on the page that you get to when you click "Save, Pay, Send" but I am afraid to click that button until I am absolutely ready to submit it.
I just wanted to know if I will have the opportunity to select a "Fee Waiver" option when I click that button.
I hope someone can help me with that info!
 
Does anyone have an AMCAS Fee Waiver? Meharry is supposed to accept that for the secondary, but I don't see that option -- unless it's on the page that you get to when you click "Save, Pay, Send" but I am afraid to click that button until I am absolutely ready to submit it.
I just wanted to know if I will have the opportunity to select a "Fee Waiver" option when I click that button.
I hope someone can help me with that info!

I used it, but I don't recall doing anything special. If you click it and the waiver isn't working, won't it just prompt you to pay? If it does, you could just call admissions and they can straighten it out.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone have an AMCAS Fee Waiver? Meharry is supposed to accept that for the secondary, but I don't see that option -- unless it's on the page that you get to when you click "Save, Pay, Send" but I am afraid to click that button until I am absolutely ready to submit it.
I just wanted to know if I will have the opportunity to select a "Fee Waiver" option when I click that button.
I hope someone can help me with that info!

You select the Fee Waiver option at the payment screen. It worked fine for me.
Just call them if it's not there.
 
Has anyone heard anything recently?
I'm curious about what the new interview dates are.

Please post if you got an II recently.

Interviewing mid-next month. Initially, it was going to be the beginning of the month. I received the invite on October 15th.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Complete 9/22. All hope is lost!

Just kidding about being so dramatic. Congrats on your II!
Mine is complete on 9/22 too and I hope I can get some luv from this school. The more I learn about this school the more I am liking it and I have tons of experience but will see if they like me. Good luck to u all!
 
Think I have given up on Meharry. I have five interviews. I really thought I'd hear from them. Oh well. I will be more than happy to stay in state.
 
Just as soon as I had given up on Meharry I was offered an Interview. Yaaaay my 6th interview so far!!!!!!!!! They had given me an interview for November 3rd but that was too soon of a date. So I changed it to the 17th of November.
 
Just as soon as I had given up on Meharry I was offered an Interview. Yaaaay my 6th interview so far!!!!!!!!! They had given me an interview for November 3rd but that was too soon of a date. So I changed it to the 17th of November.
Congrats Williamsfan, seems like you are blessed to have 5 interviews! U definitely have a shot at being a doctor. Pray for some of us who are just desperate to get one interview! When were u complete?
 
Just as soon as I had given up on Meharry I was offered an Interview. Yaaaay my 6th interview so far!!!!!!!!! They had given me an interview for November 3rd but that was too soon of a date. So I changed it to the 17th of November.
Awesome! Congrats to you. Mind sharing your stats?
 
I finally got the "complete" email from Meharry...3 weeks after actually being complete. I'm hoping for some goodness. Anyone know how long before hearing anything else from Meharry after you're marked complete?
 
Congrats Williamsfan, seems like you are blessed to have 5 interviews! U definitely have a shot at being a doctor. Pray for some of us who are just desperate to get one interview! When were u complete?
I recently just got my complete email too. Looking forward for an interview opportunity
 
It's been more than a month since I've submitted my secondary. No complete.

EDIT: An hour later I got the complete e-mail....spooky. Happy Halloween.
 
Last edited:
Despite telling everyone not to give up, I'm slowly losing hope in the process. Oh the irony lol. Good luck and congrats to all! 🙂
LuckyDoc91, feel ya! Waiting for the schools to make a decision is just downright crazy! I keep checking for info neurotically and this process might have messed up my brain (a commodity that I want to use in med school lol). At any rate, the process is random at best and hopefully we will get some attention from this and other schools. Good luck to u and all other applicants. Applying to places like Meharry requires that we possess certain level of commitment to certain values and we just have to wait. Let us keep the hope alive and wish for the best!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Landed in Nashville not too long ago! Completely exhausted but looking forward to exploring the area tomorrow and of course Monday's interview!
 
Landed in Nashville not too long ago! Completely exhausted but looking forward to exploring the area tomorrow and of course Monday's interview!
Congrats on your II! Good luck on Monday and please do share your experiences with us if you won't mind
 
Hey Everyone,

Interview today was a great experience!! Meharry is definitely a very special place and everyone was so welcoming and encouraging. You can tell that Meharry doesn't view us as a number. They view us as people.

From what I took away from today is that Meharry is very committed to its mission of helping the underserved.

If you want to know more about my experience you can definitely shoot me a PM.

Overall I LOVED Meharry. Really hoping it all works out!
 
II just now, for next week!
Complete Email Oct 7th (took 2 months)
I would honestly say that is quick considering that was only a month. I submitted my secondary October 11 and got complete email on October 29th. So I guess it's a long wait for me
 
I would honestly say that is quick considering that was only a month. I submitted my secondary October 11 and got complete email on October 29th. So I guess it's a long wait for me

Oh yea, the wait for the invite wasn't too bad. But it took a while to have a complete file.

Btw, you may have a long wait or you may not! One thing I've learned for certain during this process is... NOTHING is ever certain when it comes to applying to med school. Good luck!
 
Oh yea, the wait for the invite wasn't too bad. But it took a while to have a complete file.

Btw, you may have a long wait or you may not! One thing I've learned for certain during this process is... NOTHING is ever certain when it comes to applying to med school. Good luck!
I definitely agree. Nothing is certain. It's so draining. I hope my
Interview invite comes soon enough too.
 
II just now, for next week!
Complete Email Oct 7th (took 2 months)
Congrats! That is a fast turn around, must have a stellar numbers. And your II date is also nice. I have been saying on this forum that med school app can sometimes be a random process (even for those with good stats) and that it is all up in the air. I was complete on 9/22 but will see if I get some luv from Meharry. Good luck and rock that interview and know that u are one step closer to becoming a doc!
 
II as well! I'm very excited! I was also complete oct 7th, re-applicant, 3.1 sGPA/3.4cGPA, 25 MCAT, URM.
Scheduled for this monday nov. 10, AM session

P.S. Is anyone else flying in on saturday and want to share a room at Hampton Inn (same gender-female)? Please let me know!
Congrats and good luck!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anyone hear anything about MedPath this cycle?
Nope, actually emailed the person in charge of the program and she said my below average MCAT (10bs, 9ps, 7v) "exceeds" their stat. Heck that means MCAT has no relation to being a doctor (if they only take people with below that number). Anyways disappointed because Ohio seems a great school and MedPath seems awesome for someone like me (low stat) but paaaaaasionate about Medicine! Probably have to retake MCAT before Jan and just rock that beast and go mainstream! Oh I am going to be old but it is ok as long as I get to be called "dooooc". I am just ranting to keep u guys entertained (I am a bit older than some of you) so can afford to do this but I am worried as hell too.
 
Last edited:
Congrats! That is a fast turn around, must have a stellar numbers. And your II date is also nice. I have been saying on this forum that med school app can sometimes be a random process (even for those with good stats) and that it is all up in the air. I was complete on 9/22 but will see if I get some luv from Meharry. Good luck and rock that interview and know that u are one step closer to becoming a doc!

Thanks so much for your kind words. Idk about stellar stats though. (To keep anonymity: 28-30 MCAT, 3.1-3.3 undergrad, 3.8-4.0 post bac, medical scribe for a year, and pretty good EC's and LORs). I'm just a pretty spiritual person, so for ME, it simply takes a lot of faith and KNOWING that God has the finally say so 🙂

But just keep that positive attitude. It will def. take you far!

(BTW i'm a reapplicant. No interviews last year. This year, I've already had 3....so keep pushing guys!)