You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2014-2015 Northwestern University Application Thread
Started by gettheleadout
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
II today! Complete 8/13, dates were early December
Some people will hear 10/15 or 10/16 but it could be up to a couple of months.anyone remember when NW said they would send out decisions post interview?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Point of interest: abbreviation is NU not NWanyone remember when NW said they would send out decisions post interview?
It is a small detail Ive realized bothers many at the school
Point of interest: abbreviation is NU not NW
It is a small detail Ive realized bothers many at the school
Which school is NW then?
NW is just a cardinal direction or what ESPN uses as an abbreviation. It's also part of a cheer that we do to rally our sports teams, notorious for being inconsistent but very exciting to watch. Example: beating #17 Wisconsin last weekend after starting off the season 0-2.Which school is NW then?
Doesn't have to be another school, but Northwestern University makes sense as NU.Which school is NW then?
Is it too late to apply? (sGPA: 3.97, MCAT: 36, Good ECs)....Will I have any chance if I get my application in within the next few days?
If you like the school, I don't think it's too late. I submitted last year on October 1 and got an interview in November.
Edit: similar stats to you
You're probably going to get similar responses on every thread you post. It's late, but perhaps you'll get some bites. Only you can decide if it's worth spending the money to chance it as opposed to just waiting until next year and applying early.Is it too late to apply? (sGPA: 3.97, MCAT: 36, Good ECs)....Will I have any chance if I get my application in within the next few days?
Wondering if 2 II's on SDN would indicate a larger wave of II's having gone out last week? Complete in early August and would LOVE to get the love from NU! How late into the cycle does NU historically hold interviews? (While I'm also wondering if they'll send rejections now that we're at Oct 15, I don't want to put that attitude out into the cosmos!)
Any reason tomorrow specifically?Anyone know if we should hear back tomorrow? Call, email, snailmail?
No II still. Submitted early August.. any one on the same boat? NU is my dream school and their silence hurts... 🙁
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yes, me! I have the exact same questions in mind. Does anyone know people from last cycles who were complete early but received II much later in the cycle?No II still. Submitted early August.. any one on the same boat? NU is my dream school and their silence hurts... 🙁
Is there still hope?
Yes, me! I have the exact same questions in mind. Does anyone know people from last cycles who were complete early but received II much later in the cycle?
Is there still hope?
I also submitted in august and haven't heard anything!
Interviewed on Sept 19 and just got a "deferred to March" email
interviewed a bit later, received the same message. does anyone know how many people get deferred to march vs get an acceptance immediately?
Woof. Deferred as well. The email seemed to paint this in a positive light, but I'd be curious to see the numbers.
When I interviewed, I was told that about half of the acceptances will be given immediately. Judging by the fact that they have about a 50% initial acceptance rate and a 45% waitlist rate (don't have exact numbers, but this is approx what we were told at interviews/I have seen around), that means that about 25% of acceptances go out immediately.
Disappointed but holding on to hope.
Disappointed but holding on to hope.
@gsaldana10 , @Its_a_lucky_day , and @Overanxious I have good news! I submitted in late July and just got an II earlier this week 🙂
can't log in to my app page... any one having this error as well? Also, anyone here knows how to proceed to update the application with activities like shadowing or clinical experiences not included in the primary?
I personally can't log in to the app page on Chrome, only on IE or Safari. Though when I tried just now on IE it also wasn't working, so maybe they're doing site maintenance.can't log in to my app page... any one having this error as well? Also, anyone here knows how to proceed to update the application with activities like shadowing or clinical experiences not included in the primary?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Sept 19For those of you who were accepted, first of all, congrats!!!!
Do you all mind sharing about when you interviewed?
Thanks!
+1Sept 19
Is it just me, or is it really quiet for iis...
I feel like all the schools have been really quiet for iis when admissions came outIs it just me, or is it really quiet for iis...
I feel like all the schools have been really quiet for iis when admissions came out
Sometimes I don't know whether I'm being silently rejected or just impatient.
That's one of the worst things about this process.Sometimes I don't know whether I'm being silently rejected or just impatient.
Just opened my mail app to an email from Feinberg, turns out to be "Feinberg 411: A monthly newsletter for prospective and accepted students of the Feinberg School of Medicine."
UGHHHHHHH really? lol
UGHHHHHHH really? lol
Just opened my mail app to an email from Feinberg, turns out to be "Feinberg 411: A monthly newsletter for prospective and accepted students of the Feinberg School of Medicine."
UGHHHHHHH really? lol
such a low blow on their part.
I am also wondering this. Being accepted early instead of waiting to hear in march has to bode well right?Accepted. Does anyone know when merit money is announced? Would it have been released with the acceptance?
Congrats to everyone who was accepted! Let me know if you have any questions -- I'm a first year student, so I'd be happy to talk about life at Feinberg so far. I don't check SDN that much anymore, but if you send me a message I will do my best to respond.
To answer the question about merit money, all awards are send out at the end of March. They give out quite a few full-tuition scholarships. I think being accepted early is a good sign that they like you and will probably consider you for the scholarships, but I don't think it's a guarantee.
To answer the question about merit money, all awards are send out at the end of March. They give out quite a few full-tuition scholarships. I think being accepted early is a good sign that they like you and will probably consider you for the scholarships, but I don't think it's a guarantee.
Where do the last 5% of acceptances come from? lolWhen I interviewed, I was told that about half of the acceptances will be given immediately. Judging by the fact that they have about a 50% initial acceptance rate and a 45% waitlist rate (don't have exact numbers, but this is approx what we were told at interviews/I have seen around), that means that about 25% of acceptances go out immediately.
Disappointed but holding on to hope.
I believe those are rejections.Where do the last 5% of acceptances come from? lol
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
II today? Totally not expecting that.
Congrats! What do the dates look like?II today? Totally not expecting that.
Congrats!!! Date complete?II today? Totally not expecting that.
8/4/14Congrats!!! Date complete?
Ummm one date in December. Then some in early January.Congrats! What do the dates look like?
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K
- Replies
- 35
- Views
- 11K