2014-2015 Stanford University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
How long after the II email can we expect to receive additional information about the interview day? (location, specific check-in time, agenda)
 
How long after the II email can we expect to receive additional information about the interview day? (location, specific check-in time, agenda)
There's a link from the portal when you schedule the interview to a whole site with information.
 
For people who already interviewed from out of town where did you stay? Did anyone not stay with a student host? I'm looking at hotel options and any ideas would be great!
 
For people who already interviewed from out of town where did you stay? Did anyone not stay with a student host? I'm looking at hotel options and any ideas would be great!
Airbnb for two nights and student host for one. If Yoh need recommendation for Airbnb let me know.
 
For people who already interviewed from out of town where did you stay? Did anyone not stay with a student host? I'm looking at hotel options and any ideas would be great!

For hotels, I would recommend the Cardinal Hotel in Palo Alto. It is within walking distance (5 min) of the Palo Alto transit station where you can take a shuttle to the med campus. The Cardinal Hotel has single rooms (nice, updated, quiet) with shared hallway bathrooms (there was never a line or anything). Because of the shared bathrooms the price is <$140 a night even though it is a "nice" hotel. If you don't mind sharing, well worth it.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
How and when (relative to your interview date) were you notified about whether you were in Group 1, 2, or 3?
 
How and when (relative to your interview date) were you notified about whether you were in Group 1, 2, or 3?
I don't know about the how, but according to the website with interview day details, we're supposed to find out about 2 weeks before the interview.
 
There was a round of pre-II rejections via snail mail around mid-January. But I think there's a lot of us in limbo, clinging to that tiny hope of a chance. 😉
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Dang, looks like they are cycling back through and already passed me up again. Looks like I won't be visiting California. Anyways, good luck with your interview! I hear its beautiful there.
IMO complete date doesn't mean much at this point in the cycle. They have reviewed every file at least once and are going back and picking and choosing who to interview based on whatever their preferred metric. I highly highly doubt they do this chronologically. Either way, I'm in the same boat as you! (Complete mid-July)
 
MCAT in low 30s. sGPA and cGPA between 3.40-3.65. I only saw one date open and it was in late March. Anyone know if Stanford usually goes this late into the cycle?

@Willy38 Thank you! I hope you hear some good news from them soon!
Thanks for the information. Crush the II!!
 
For waitlisted applicants, do we need to do anything to confirm our spot on the waitlist? My letter was sent to my parents' house and the picture they sent of the letter (3 paragraphs) doesn't mention needing to accept a spot on the waitlist, although I know it is common practice at other schools. Please advise :owle:
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
For waitlisted applicants, do we need to do anything to confirm our spot on the waitlist? My letter was sent to my parents' house and the picture they sent of the letter (3 paragraphs) doesn't mention needing to accept a spot on the waitlist, although I know it is common practice at other schools. Please advise :owle:

Can I ask you when you got the letter, and when you interviewed? Based on last year's thread, a second wave of post-interview decisions is going to come out very, very soon...

Sorry I don't know the answer to your question. But from what it sounds like, you don't need to formally accept a waitlist spot. I'm sure another person can better answer that question, though.
 
Can't quote right now because sdn sucks on my phone, but I have a physical copy of the letter and it makes no mention of needing to confirm the waitlist. You should be good.
 
Waitlisted and heartbroken. Letter dated 2/2/15.

Can I ask you when you got the letter, and when you interviewed? Based on last year's thread, a second wave of post-interview decisions is going to come out very, very soon...

Sorry I don't know the answer to your question. But from what it sounds like, you don't need to formally accept a waitlist spot. I'm sure another person can better answer that question, though.
So far it seemed that the decisions have been coming out in a steady stream...I knew acceptances have been going out here and there. Stanford isn't admitting all that many students, so I doubt there will be a "wave".
 
Waitlisted and heartbroken. Letter dated 2/2/15.


So far it seemed that the decisions have been coming out in a steady stream...I knew acceptances have been going out here and there. Stanford isn't admitting all that many students, so I doubt there will be a "wave".
Sorry to hear that Friendly, but at least you got to interview! WL>Rejection.