-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2014-2015 Virginia Commonwealth University Application Thread
Started by gettheleadout
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Received secondary midday and just submitted it.
I'm probably in the minority here – but I loved this prompt. This may be because I know a lot of crunchy/granola folks, but it felt much more relevant than regurgitating activity descriptions. I rambled on for about 6K characters, then cut the crap until my essay was down to a more respectable 4.5K characters.
I'm probably in the minority here – but I loved this prompt. This may be because I know a lot of crunchy/granola folks, but it felt much more relevant than regurgitating activity descriptions. I rambled on for about 6K characters, then cut the crap until my essay was down to a more respectable 4.5K characters.
+1!! This will be the first prompt I will actually enjoy writing about. I'm tired of writing on diversity and why our school!Received secondary midday and just submitted it.
I'm probably in the minority here – but I loved this prompt. This may be because I know a lot of crunchy/granola folks, but it felt much more relevant than regurgitating activity descriptions. I rambled on for about 6K characters, then cut the crap until my essay was down to a more respectable 4.5K characters.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Never mind figured it out. 😛
I am having trouble logging in. How did you figure it out?
When were you guys verified?
6/5 also.
+1!! This will be the first prompt I will actually enjoy writing about. I'm tired of writing on diversity and why our school!
same! it is so boring to constantly write about the past. I am loving the "what-if" questions
S
ShayDawg
.
Last edited by a moderator:
Do they send out the secondaries based on when you were verified?
Really? Wasnt aware of that. Anyone else know about screening here[/QUO
Yes i belibe because they screen them.Do they send out the secondaries based on when you were verified?
Did anyone get a secondary today? Waiting on mine, was verified 6/9
Did anyone get a secondary today? Waiting on mine, was verified 6/9
Nope. I was verified 6/5, and still nothing.
Same here. I'm not worried, though. I didn't receive some other secondaries on the first day they were sent out (according to other threads), but I still got them.Nope. I was verified 6/5, and still nothing.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was verified June 17. Secondary received on July 1st. Submitted. cGPA 3.61, sGPA 3.56, MCAT 26 (8/8/10). Praying hard. Been shadowing a cardiothoracic surgeon at MCV, and I'm a VCU alum.
UVa does not screen per there website.Yes i belibe because they screen them.
"The process starts when the AMCAS is submitted, which then generates a automatic e-mail containing the secondary." (redacted)
UVa does not screen per there website.
"The process starts when the AMCAS is submitted, which then generates a automatic e-mail containing the secondary." (redacted)
Dont know where you saw that, but i checked and it says "Invitation to submit supplemental application is offered only to students felt to be competitive in the current pool""http://www.medschool.vcu.edu/admissions/md/
I thought i was posting on the University of Virginia thread not VCOM.
Carry on.
This isn't VCOM either lol.
Received secondary midday and just submitted it.
I'm probably in the minority here – but I loved this prompt. This may be because I know a lot of crunchy/granola folks, but it felt much more relevant than regurgitating activity descriptions. I rambled on for about 6K characters, then cut the crap until my essay was down to a more respectable 4.5K characters.
Received my secondary 7/2 and was hoping it would be the same as last year's, so I'm in the same boat as you! Really liking this prompt, but just a little worried about my length. I'm thinking I'll get it to around 3-3.5k.
VCOM= Virginia College of Osteopathic MedicineVCOM - Virginia Common Wealth, I didn't mean it to imply Virginia College of Medicine
So I submitted my app and the essay looks like a brick of text. Any idea on why it wouldn't let me format/indent it? Will this affect how my application is viewed?
Same here, is this the same for everyone?
VCOM= Virginia College of Osteopathic Medicine
Cool...
someone cant admit theyre wrong.Cool...
VCOM= Virginia College of Osteopathic Medicine
or college of medicine
But there is no institution known as Virginia College of Medicine...or college of medicine
VCOM= Virginia College of Osteopathic Medicine
Actually, the V stands for Via...
Edward Via College of Osteopathic Medicine.
No, I already said I was mistaken by posting in this thread to begin with. Furthermore I indicated that I used VCOM referencing the V of Virginia, and the COM in Commonwealth. Do not mistake my indifference for people who gauge their self-importance by correcting others, particularly on the internet.someone cant admit theyre wrong.
But there is no institution known as Virginia College of Medicine...
Does it really even matter? Who cares.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Did you get a secondary yet?Seriously, save the crap for another thread. This is VCU. I really like this essay prompt as well. Excited to submit!
How should we approach this question because alternative and complimentary medicine are two totally different things. And assuming were answering this as a doctor?
Look up CAM. The internet will tell you what you need to know about it. And I assumed a I was a layperson like I am now.How should we approach this question because alternative and complimentary medicine are two totally different things. And assuming were answering this as a doctor?
I know what they are but should we talk about bothLook up CAM. The internet will tell you what you need to know about it. And I assumed a I was a layperson like I am now.
Lol i put yes originally, saw the extra prompts, and quickly changed it back to no 😛Can anyone with the secondary post the fmSTAT prompts? Please and thank you!
But there is no institution known as Virginia College of Medicine...
all virginia med schools could be the virginia college of medicine seeing as they're all schools of medicine in virginia. everybody wins? 😀 except osteopathy could be VCOOM to avoid ambiguities.
all virginia med schools could be the virginia college of medicine seeing as they're all schools of medicine in virginia. everybody wins? 😀 except osteopathy could be VCOOM to avoid ambiguities.
Usually you leave out the "of" in the abbreviation. Most osteopathic schools are known as XYZ-COM, i.e TouroCOM and NSUCOM. VCOM originally meant Virginia College of Osteopathic Medicine.
From wiki, "The school was founded in 2002, when Virginia Tech and the Harvey W. Peters Research Foundation worked together to start up a new private school of osteopathic medicine called the Edward Via Virginia College of Osteopathic Medicine (VCOM)." End of discussion.
You can call VCU the Medical College of Virginia, though 😉. Hence the name, MCV. Anyways, I love this place. Richmond is ghetto, but MCV is a treasure, kind of like The Jefferson Hotel.
It was posted somewhere earlier in this thread and is the same as last year's prompt about the curable cancer.can someone post the secondary please?! Thank you in advance😍
Guess i should start this prompt.... 🙁
Thanks for letting me know!! I'll go search for it 🙂It was posted somewhere earlier in this thread and is the same as last year's prompt about the curable cancer.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hoping for like 3200 lol
Can someone please PM the OP with the secondary info so it can be entered into the post?
I was real straight up with this one. About 1500 characters. I'm not a f*ckin doctor yet.
Last edited:
My answer. "They too will pass"I was real straight up with this one. About 1500 characters. I'm a not f*ckin doctor yet.