2015-2016 Brown University (Alpert) Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
just got rejected pre II

+1

Would love to know what made them hold on so long, but the email specifically says they don't discuss individual decisions. Oh well.

Best of luck to everyone else!

Members don't see this ad.

same boat dear friends ;( au revoir imma go contemplate life and dreams and stuff

Also rejected today, more than seven months after I submitted my app lololol

Members don't see this ad :)
+1

Would love to know what made them hold on so long, but the email specifically says they don't discuss individual decisions. Oh well.

Best of luck to everyone else!
It's bittersweet, but the reason is most likely that they liked your application. They held onto it but ultimately ran out of int spots.

Just a reminder of how crazy this whole process is: brown interviewed fewer than 7% of applicants this year.

Keep your heads up and good luck on the season home stretch!

Reactions: 1 user
So, when I interviewed here, I was told we would receive the committee's decision on February 29th. Has anyone heard yet?

GAAAAH! I just got my acceptance!! Sooo excited! Good luck everyone!

Reactions: 3 users
Accepted! Got the email about a half hour ago.

Reactions: 1 users
Just got the waitlist email - not giving up, Brown is my top choice by far. I have hope!

Congrats to those accepted! And to those on the waitlist, keep the faith. There is often a lot of movement.

MS3 here, happy to answer questions you may have.

Congrats to those accepted! And to those on the waitlist, keep the faith. There is often a lot of movement.

MS3 here, happy to answer questions you may have.

Hey Insomniyack,

Thanks for the message! I had a quick question about Second Look, do you know if spouses will be allowed to attend?

Thanks!

Hey Insomniyack,

Thanks for the message! I had a quick question about Second Look, do you know if spouses will be allowed to attend?

Thanks!
Spouses are encouraged to attend! I don't have the details on this year's second look yet, but in year's past there have been panels/event geared toward welcoming significant others. Recruiting is a family deal!

So when does the waitlist begin to move? Eager!

Members don't see this ad :)
Just received the MD/ScM email - waitlisted :(

For those of you that read last year's thread, was there a lot of movement off the waitlist? Is it worth it for me to contact them about how interested I am in the program?

Reactions: 2 users
Is it worth it for me to contact them about how interested I am in the program?
Not sure about last year's waitlist. But I have a friend who was waitlisted for the MD program and she was told in the email that she should definitely contact them if she has strong interest in attending. I know the selection process may be somewhat different for the ScM program but I get the sense that Brown wants to know, if you have strong interest! I hope you get some good news in the coming weeks.

waitlisted for MD-ScM as well. Hopefully spots open up for us before April 30th!

Accepted MD/ScM this morning! Best of luck @entresuspiros, they gave us an earlier commitment date so that more spots can be offered before April 30th, if that helps!

Do you know if financial aid packages are any different for MD/ScM students? As in higher tuition/COA?

MS1 here. Tuition is the same, with ScM you get a free masters degree basically. Ask away with any more questions.

Can you explain what the curriculum is like in ScM? Additional classes everyday?

Does anyone know when we might possibly start seeing financial aid packages?

Does anyone know when we might possibly start seeing financial aid packages?
I believe it said in one of the emails that if you submit everything by April 1, you should receive your fin aid package in late April. I don't think I've heard any specific date given so far.

Those of you accepted-- are any of you "trad" applicants?

I am! Accepted in February, and currently finishing up my 4th year of University :)

Thank you! I'm considering Brown (for this upcoming cycle) and I'm in my fourth year right now. I was just wondering how worth it it would be given how much preference they have for nontrads.

Thank you! I'm considering Brown (for this upcoming cycle) and I'm in my fourth year right now. I was just wondering how worth it it would be given how much preference they have for nontrads.

Also traditional! I think the most important thing for Brown is showing your passion for the things you love. Also keep in mind that almost all of the PLME kids are coming in straight after graduation from undergrad, so there will certainly be a sizable cohort of traditional students in every class. Good Luck!

Can you explain what the curriculum is like in ScM? Additional classes everyday?
There are extra classes like once or twice per week. I'm not in the PCPM (ScM) program so I can't give you too many details on that, but the schedule is integrated with the regular first year class schedule which should be available publicly if you do some digging on the website.

There are extra classes like once or twice per week. I'm not in the PCPM (ScM) program so I can't give you too many details on that, but the schedule is integrated with the regular first year class schedule which should be available publicly if you do some digging on the website.
thank you, will do!

Any idea when the waitlists moved last year?

Am I correct in assuming that Brown has not rejected anyone post-II ?
"anyone Post-II....post-II............II..............I........" My voice echoed through the cavernous wasteland. I hadn't seen another human in weeks, and the water supply was running low. If I didn't make it to Elzederon by nightfall then the journey was for naught.

"anyone Post-II....post-II............II..............I........" My voice echoed through the cavernous wasteland. I hadn't seen another human in weeks, and the water supply was running low. If I didn't make it to Elzederon by nightfall then the journey was for naught.

I don't believe they reject anyone post-II; only waitlist and accept until first day of class. I would assume rejections go out then?

Just withdrew. Another tough choice! Good luck!

Just got accepted here off the wait list.

So. Stoked.

Can someone please provide a link to the accepted students Facebook page? I can't seem to find it :(

...and just got off the waitlist, too!

Got a call that was followed up by an email.

Just got accepted off the waitlist! Phone call from dean of admissions and then email.

You hear today?
Hi! Yes, today. Around noon EST. And somebody just messaged me to ask about updates, so I'll write it here, too - I sent 2 update letters and an additional LOR. I'm not sure what any of these things did, but I definitely did express continued interest.

Hi! Yes, today. Around noon EST. And somebody just messaged me to ask about updates, so I'll write it here, too - I sent 2 update letters and an additional LOR. I'm not sure what any of these things did, but I definitely did express continued interest.
Thanks!

I'll get on this train - I just got in off of the waitlist as well!!! So ecstatic to be going to my top choice.
See all you beautiful people in Providence!

Sent a Letter of Intent, an update, and a couple phone calls too.

I'll get on this train - I just got in off of the waitlist as well!!! So ecstatic to be going to my top choice.
See all you beautiful people in Providence!

Sent a Letter of Intent, an update, and a couple phone calls too.

Congrats to everyone who got off of the waitlist! Can't wait to see you all in August! :)

This might be a little ignorant, but... When you send in an additional LOR, how do you do it? Do you ask the LOR writer to send it directly to the admissions office? Also, do you let your LOR writer know that it's because you're on a wait-list you want to get off of?

Thanks! :)