-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2015-2016 Brown University (Alpert) Application Thread
Started by Ismet
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Does Brown have a place in the office to place luggage in the morning, if I'm hoping to catch that 4pm shuttle after the interview?
Yes, you can bring your luggage.
Did not. Pre-IIJust got the financial aid email. To clarify, everyone got that, right? [emoji28]
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just got an II! Complete end of August. I'll be honest, I didn't have my hopes up after so long. So happy!
II this morning! Complete mid-September, and sent an update letter in early Dec. STOKED.
Interview Invite today! Complete mid August. I can't even believe it, my top choice by faaaaaar. Have faith!
FYI looks like there are only a couple days left in the season, at least in my calendar.
Any tips from students and other interviewees would be greatly appreciated.
FYI looks like there are only a couple days left in the season, at least in my calendar.
Any tips from students and other interviewees would be greatly appreciated.
congratulations! would you mine sharing what interview dates were left?Interview Invite today! Complete mid August. I can't even believe it, my top choice by faaaaaar. Have faith!
FYI looks like there are only a couple days left in the season, at least in my calendar.
Any tips from students and other interviewees would be greatly appreciated.
Sure! Feb. 11, 12, and 18.congratulations! would you mine sharing what interview dates were left?
I should also add, if anyone is interested, that I sent in an update letter in late Dec.
Congrats! How did you send an update email? Did you just send it to the email that sent you a secondary?II this morning! Complete mid-September, and sent an update letter in early Dec. STOKED.
Yeah that makes sense that they are nearing the end of their II invites because they say on their website that they only interview through February.Sure! Feb. 11, 12, and 18.
I should also add, if anyone is interested, that I sent in an update letter in late Dec.
So I wonder if that means that they are probably not going to send very many more invites...
Thank you! I emailed [email protected] with a PDF attachment and they confirmed that it was added to my file.Congrats! How did you send an update email? Did you just send it to the email that sent you a secondary?
Can anyone confirm or deny the statistic that for 298 interviews, they offer 243 acceptances? (~81.5%, Source: US News) i.e. extremely favorable chances?
Can anyone confirm or deny the statistic that for 298 interviews, they offer 243 acceptances? (~81.5%, Source: US News) i.e. extremely favorable chances?
Lol I tried to make sense of this as well but it's really difficult to make sense of everything because of their PLME cohort. I have no idea if those are counted as acceptances as well, which account for about a third of their seats.
I posted here asking if anyone has actually been rejected post interview and no one responded.
I do think given their very low amount of interviews offered that the few people that do interview have a fairly good shot at acceptance.
PLME students submit full AMCAS applications to Brown, and their data is included in the MSAR.Lol I tried to make sense of this as well but it's really difficult to make sense of everything because of their PLME cohort. I have no idea if those are counted as acceptances as well, which account for about a third of their seats.
I posted here asking if anyone has actually been rejected post interview and no one responded.
I do think given their very low amount of interviews offered that the few people that do interview have a fairly good shot at acceptance.
PLME students submit full AMCAS applications to Brown, and their data is included in the MSAR.
Thanks for clearing that up. Do you know if they are part of the interview count as well? I would think not...
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I wonder how much of a disadvantage it is to be one of the last ones interviewed... Acceptance post-interview must not be as high 🙁
I can't see why we'd have a lower chance, we're still one of the lucky ~300.I wonder how much of a disadvantage it is to be one of the last ones interviewed... Acceptance post-interview must not be as high 🙁
They must have saved the best for last!
I wonder how much of a disadvantage it is to be one of the last ones interviewed... Acceptance post-interview must not be as high 🙁
Don't worry! I remember at my interview Marcy said that they make sure to have a certain number of seats open so it is fair to all applicants throughout the cycle. Good luck!
I can't see why we'd have a lower chance, we're still one of the lucky ~300.
They must have saved the best for last!
Haha, that's definitely a better way to think of it!
Don't worry! I remember at my interview Marcy said that they make sure to have a certain number of seats open so it is fair to all applicants throughout the cycle. Good luck!
That's good to know! Thanks for clearing that up 🙂
Rejected just now 🙁 submitted secondary 7/28.
Good luck to those still in the running!
d'oh sorry to hear.. submitted in september
Last edited:
rejected just now.
rejected just now.
+1, complete in October.
D
deleted715884
Did you get an email? Or did your portal change?
Email.Did you get an email? Or did your portal change?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Accepted, Lizzy 75, Massachusetts
You were accepted just now? When did you interview?
D
deleted715884
Are people being rejected post interview or pre?
Are people being rejected post interview or pre?
Post interview is only acceptance or waitlist, at least from what I've been told.
Last edited:
Hang in there man.
You interviewed at Brown, right?
You interviewed at Brown, right?
Yeah.
Sorry to hear that.rejected just now.
If you don't mind me asking, was this pre- or post-interview?
Sorry to hear that.
If you don't mind me asking, was this pre- or post-interview?
Pre
anyone else still waiting pre-interview for some news?
edit: since mid september
edit: since mid september
Last edited:
Yes. Me. Since mid August.anyone else still waiting pre-interview for some news?
Me as well, since start of October.
Yep since early Septemberanyone else still waiting pre-interview for some news?
edit: since mid september
same here waiting and waiting and waiting
I submitted in early september and was axed ages ago. I would consider the wait as a positive if anything.
I know I am but I also at the back of my head keep thinking about how its almost Feb and I haven't heard anything but I am still staying positive!I submitted in early september and was axed ages ago. I would consider the wait as a positive if anything.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I know I am but I also at the back of my head keep thinking about how its almost Feb and I haven't heard anything but I am still staying positive!
Oh of course - I'm doing the same thing for a few other schools. Post wasn't directed as much to you as it was to all the applicants completed since before September. Hope Alpert shows you some love.
thank you! and I know it wasn't! no worries =)Oh of course - I'm doing the same thing for a few other schools. Post wasn't directed as much to you as it was to all the applicants completed since before September. Hope Alpert shows you some love.
D
deleted715884
+2 July. I wonder why they're holding on to so many people until the end when there are so few interviews left and they've already axed a lot of people.+1...
+2 July. I wonder why they're holding on to so many people until the end when there are so few interviews left and they've already axed a lot of people.
Because they consider you to be more worthwhile to interview than some of the people who they have already given a rejection to. If they weren't considering you at all at this moment, you would have already been axed.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K