You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2015-2016 Brown University (Alpert) Application Thread
Started by Ismet
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
D
deleted715884
Which leads me to wonder if people really messed up their interview that bad.Because they consider you to be more worthwhile to interview than some of the people who they have already given a rejection to. If they weren't considering you at all at this moment, you would have already been axed.
I think it's a very easy to be like "If they aren't interested, why not just reject me already and stop stringing me along?"
On the other hand, by stringing you along it opens up the possibility of receiving an II down the road, which can and does happen. Although the uncertainty does suck, ultimately I think most people would rather be strung along for the chance of an II than be rejected immediately.
On the other hand, by stringing you along it opens up the possibility of receiving an II down the road, which can and does happen. Although the uncertainty does suck, ultimately I think most people would rather be strung along for the chance of an II than be rejected immediately.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Which leads me to wonder if people really messed up their interview that bad.
It doesn't necessarily work like that - AKA - you're not necessarily given an interview invitation just because someone totally bombed their interview. One of the admissions people told us on our interview day that Brown only keeps a few acceptance spots open per interview day so that interviewees from all dates have a fairly equivalent chance of being accepted (I'm sure that there are more acceptance positions in the first interview batches than the last interview batches though - as is a characteristic of rolling admissions). So plenty of people could have done perfectly well on their interview, but because there simply weren't enough acceptance spots, those people are placed on the waitlist.
Also, they are "stringing you along" because they often don't offer interview invitations until like a month or less before the interview. As they choose to accept certain people, they need to invite people from different backgrounds in order to mold the upcoming class into a diverse, interesting class whose members seem like they can get along with each other. These people from backgrounds that fit into these niches are kept waiting until the school sees a need for them.
Ultimately, silence is always better than a rejection at schools like Brown that reject pre-interview.
anyone else still waiting pre-interview for some news?
edit: since mid september
Same. Complete 10/5. No news from Brown.
Anyone know when the last interviews take place?
Did they say acceptances are being released 2/1?
Did they say acceptances are being released 2/1?
Yes. Lol.
I was hoping they meant *by* 2/1, but I guess they're sticking with *on*.
I do appreciate that I suppose. They're the only school to give me an exact date. Hopefully they honor it, lol.
Yes. Lol.
I was hoping they meant *by* 2/1, but I guess they're sticking with *on*.
I do appreciate that I suppose. They're the only school to give me an exact date. Hopefully they honor it, lol.
This is the most amazing school and I know they will honor that date! Good luck and hope to see you at Second Look!
This is the most amazing school and I know they will honor that date! Good luck and hope to see you at Second Look!
Honestly, I don't know if I can afford a second look LOL. Most likely just gonna have to decide from afar.
Honestly, I don't know if I can afford a second look LOL. Most likely just gonna have to decide from afar.
I hear you on that! Interview season was not kind to my bank account.
This is the most amazing school and I know they will honor that date! Good luck and hope to see you at Second Look!
For real... Marcy literally made everyone feel like she was their mom away from home. Everyone was just so dang nice
Last edited:
Just got the waitlist e-mail. Good luck to all ya'll on finding out your decisions!
ACCEPTED!!
Oh man.
Interviewed early Jan.

Oh man.
Interviewed early Jan.
Congrats to everyone who got accepted today! Those on the waitlist, do not lose hope! There seems to be good movement on the waitlist at Brown.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congrats to everyone who got accepted today! Those on the waitlist, do not lose hope! There seems to be good movement on the waitlist at Brown.
Yay! Do you know if there is much movement before May? Or only after the day that people are not allowed to hold multiple spots?
Yay! Do you know if there is much movement before May? Or only after the day that people are not allowed to hold multiple spots?
I believe there is more movement after 4/30 but some movement does occur before hand. At least this is what I remember from past threads.
I have yet to receive an interview 🙁
Congrats to those accepted! SO SO HAPPY FOR YA'LL!!! yay!!!!
Congrats to those accepted! SO SO HAPPY FOR YA'LL!!! yay!!!!
II today!
II today!
Mind sharing what interview days were available to you?
For those wondering about waitlist movement...
Last year, almost 20% of the class came from the waitlist. So hang in there!
Last year, almost 20% of the class came from the waitlist. So hang in there!
We are the same person! I'm in the same boat.Same. Complete 10/5. No news from Brown.
Complete 9/2 and nothing but silenceWe are the same person! I'm in the same boat.
Anyone know if all the interviews have been completed or at least sent out?
Would also like to know this. Been complete since 8/21 and haven't heard anything...Anyone know if all the interviews have been completed or at least sent out?
D
deleted715884
Has anyone received a II recently, or know when Brown interviews until? I couldn't find a concrete answer on their website.
Has anyone received a II recently, or know when Brown interviews until? I couldn't find a concrete answer on their website.
The website says through February. No interviews in March I'm assuming.
Cheers!
Crap.The website says through February. No interviews in March I'm assuming.
Cheers!
Crap.
S***. Then I guess everyone who they are interested in has already been asked, no?
I was counting on you Brown 🙁
The website says through February. No interviews in March I'm assuming.
Cheers!
https://www.brown.edu/academics/medical/admission/application-process
I'm interested where you read that? This link says interview status will be communicated by mid-March so I wouldn't give up hope. I may be being optimistic, but they've held onto our apps this long with rejections going out every month, so there is probably one more round of II to go out before the final rejections. It's not over until the rejection email comes!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
https://www.brown.edu/academics/medical/admission/application-process
I'm interested where you read that? This link says interview status will be communicated by mid-March so I wouldn't give up hope. I may be being optimistic, but they've held onto our apps this long with rejections going out every month, so there is probably one more round of II to go out before the final rejections. It's not over until the rejection email comes!
love the positivity!
Does brown take updates? I don't see an additional documents tab on their portal.
https://www.brown.edu/academics/medical/admission/application-process
I'm interested where you read that? This link says interview status will be communicated by mid-March so I wouldn't give up hope. I may be being optimistic, but they've held onto our apps this long with rejections going out every month, so there is probably one more round of II to go out before the final rejections. It's not over until the rejection email comes!
https://www.brown.edu/academics/medical/admission/interview
"Interview days are held twice weekly beginning in September 2015. Applicants will be invited by email to schedule interviews on selected dates (Thursdays and Fridays) through February 2016."
Sorry, I was just seeing this statement. Didn't mean to offend/upset!
Does brown take updates? I don't see an additional documents tab on their portal.
I do believe that they do take updates. Email the admissions office directly:
[email protected]
Does brown take updates? I don't see an additional documents tab on their portal.
Alright thanks. Get ready for the Hail Mary update, Brown.
Alright thanks. Get ready for the Hail Mary update, Brown.
https://www.brown.edu/academics/medical/admission/interview
"Interview days are held twice weekly beginning in September 2015. Applicants will be invited by email to schedule interviews on selected dates (Thursdays and Fridays) through February 2016."
Sorry, I was just seeing this statement. Didn't mean to offend/upset!
Not offended at all. That is very confusing. The next sentence on that says March too so it sounds a little confusing.
Oh well, we will know soon I guess. Best of luck to everyone =)
Not offended at all. That is very confusing. The next sentence on that says March too so it sounds a little confusing.
Oh well, we will know soon I guess. Best of luck to everyone =)
You are right! The next sentence sounds like everyone finds out about interview status in March! I think there is still time! Good luck everyone. I think tcmiddle1934 is correct!
Other folks still hanging on here?? not sure why..
LOL: spoke too soon, goodbye brown!
LOL: spoke too soon, goodbye brown!
Just got the rejection email. What a day...
D
deleted715884
Hmm... no rejection... no II...rather confused.
Same here. Not really sure what to make of itHmm... no rejection... no II...rather confused.
Edit: Lol nevermind, just got the rejection email
Last edited:
Rejected. Good luck everyone else still in the running
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
The rejection could come tomorrow. That's what happened with me and Einstein.
See ya Brown.
Did anything show up on your portal or was it just the email?
Did anything show up on your portal or was it just the email?
just got rejected pre II
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K