2015-2016 Central Michigan University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Accepted off the regular waitlist earlier today. I've already accepted a spot at MSUCOM and have finished basically all pre-matriculation tasks. I have a huge decision to make in the next 10 days

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Accepted off the regular waitlist earlier today. I've already accepted a spot at MSUCOM and have finished basically all pre-matriculation tasks. I have a huge decision to make in the next 10 days

Congratulations on your acceptance! Just wondering as a fellow waitlistee, do the acceptances from this point forwards give you a specific time frame that you must accept?

Members don't see this ad :)
^ might as well stick with msucom, both are schools that are going to produce physicians for primary care, and msucom is a top school for that.

I had to make the same decision and I haven't looked back since. That being said, it was super tough to choose at the time. Either way, you can't lose. They're both great schools. Good luck!

Reactions: 1 user
Will be withdrawing from here in the next few days. I hope my spot goes to one of you guys!

I was super excited to be apart of this program and can't wait to see where it goes in the next few years.

Reactions: 3 users
I had to make the same decision and I haven't looked back since. That being said, it was super tough to choose at the time. Either way, you can't lose. They're both great schools. Good luck!
Where did you end up matriculating?

^ might as well stick with msucom, both are schools that are going to produce physicians for primary care, and msucom is a top school for that.
This is what i'm thinking. Even if I end up wanting to specialize, Michigan controls a large portion of what are now AOA residencies (that are not going to abandon DO's after 2020) and is likely the state with the lowest DO stigma IMO

This is what i'm thinking. Even if I end up wanting to specialize, Michigan controls a large portion of what are now AOA residencies (that are not going to abandon DO's after 2020) and is likely the state with the lowest DO stigma IMO
I had an opportunity to interview at MSUCOM and I had to decline because I couldn't afford the trip. I regret not going because recently learned about their DO-Phd program which would have really liked. I don't know if I would have been able to transfer from an DO applicant to DO-Phd but it might have been worth it for me.

I was accepted to both as well but chose central due to their curriculum and how new the school is...either place is great though!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Has there been any WL movemnt recently! Its been too quiet here lately! Anybody (OOS/IS?) heard anything/was accepted off the WL in the past coupla days?

Has there been any WL movemnt recently! Its been too quiet here lately! Anybody (OOS/IS?) heard anything/was accepted off the WL in the past coupla days?

I'd like to know this too! This is my only WL so starting to get pretty nervous for the prospects.

Just formally withdrew. Hope to see one of you get in soon!

Members don't see this ad :)
Still nothing for me. Sitting here with no acceptances smh. Next round of weight list send outs should be at the beginning of next week from what i am being told.

Still nothing for me. Sitting here with no acceptances smh. Next round of weight list send outs should be at the beginning of next week from what i am being told.

Are they sending acceptances in packages? Did you call the admission and they said the nxt round is on Monday ?
Hope we all hear good news :(

Hello Everyone!
I've been a long time lurker on this thread and am emerging from the shadows.... I interviewed back in September and was placed on the regular waitlist and was just offered an acceptance! I'm OOS from CA with 3.4 GPA, 24 MCAT, and a non-traditional applicant. I have been following everyone's posts on this thread for months now and have been really stressed throughout this whole cycle....as everyone on here has been as well :( and the reason I am posting this is because I want you guys to please please please don't lose hope! I started prepping for a Master's Program and signed up to retake the MCAT this June. Anything really is possible if you put your mind to it and stay optimistic!!! I really wish and hope all of my fellow applicants on here get accepted! I'm rooting for you all!!!! :) :) :)

Reactions: 5 users
Hello Everyone!
I've been a long time lurker on this thread and am emerging from the shadows.... I interviewed back in September and was placed on the regular waitlist and was just offered an acceptance! I'm OOS from CA with 3.4 GPA, 24 MCAT, and a non-traditional applicant. I have been following everyone's posts on this thread for months now and have been really stressed throughout this whole cycle....as everyone on here has been as well :( and the reason I am posting this is because I want you guys to please please please don't lose hope! I started prepping for a Master's Program and signed up to retake the MCAT this June. Anything really is possible if you put your mind to it and stay optimistic!!! I really wish and hope all of my fellow applicants on here get accepted! I'm rooting for you all!!!! :) :) :)

Congratulations!! I have similar stats and your post is extremely encouraging :) Happy to hear you received wonderful news, and am praying I get to be your classmate next year!!

Does anyone know how many people are in the waitlist and how many "open" spots there are? Basically spots that don't have a confirmed acceptance yet...also in the same boat as a lot of you and praying for the best!!

This is my first choice school, and I would love to attend! Does anyone know when orientation is for CMU?

This is my first choice school, and I would love to attend! Does anyone know when orientation is for CMU?

First week of august, with white coat ceremony that friday, and first day of classes the following monday.

I just talked to admissions today and they said they have about 6 more spots that are not currently accepted by someone; let's hope that all of us on this thread get those spots if they're not accepted!

I just talked to admissions today and they said they have about 6 more spots that are not currently accepted by someone; let's hope that all of us on this thread get those spots if they're not accepted!
Thats great news! And as waitlist of other schools move there may be more spots opening up! Did they by any chance mention whether the spots were for IS or OOS? Cuz they seem to have alotta movement for IS applicants n not much for OOS! I gotta say tho at this point in May im not really optimistic about my chances :(

Thats great news! And as waitlist of other schools move there may be more spots opening up! Did they by any chance mention whether the spots were for IS or OOS? Cuz they seem to have alotta movement for IS applicants n not much for OOS! I gotta say tho at this point in May im not really optimistic about my chances :(
Unfortunately not, I think that if the people that drop their spots are OOS they'll give someone OOS the spot and if they're IS it'll be an IS student. I feel the same way and I'm OOS too-such a nerve wrecking process. She did say though that once they've filled all 104 spots they'll tell the majority of the waitlist that they're taken off of it and only keep a few on it if anyone drops. Not ideal but at least that way we'll know and have a better idea of our chances!

Unfortunately not, I think that if the people that drop their spots are OOS they'll give someone OOS the spot and if they're IS it'll be an IS student. I feel the same way and I'm OOS too-such a nerve wrecking process. She did say though that once they've filled all 104 spots they'll tell the majority of the waitlist that they're taken off of it and only keep a few on it if anyone drops. Not ideal but at least that way we'll know and have a better idea of our chances!
Did they say when those 6 spots would be released for waitlist people to be accepted?

Did they say when those 6 spots would be released for waitlist people to be accepted?
They're offering as they go, so right now there are 6 people with pending offers that haven't said yes or no to them. If someone says no they'll offer that spot to someone else and so forth until they're all accepted

They're offering as they go, so right now there are 6 people with pending offers that haven't said yes or no to them. If someone says no they'll offer that spot to someone else and so forth until they're all accepted
Also keep in mind that some of the students who alrdy accepted their offer might withdraw cuz they come off the waitlist elsewhere.
I think specially at CMU becuz of the no deposit thing alotta people wait to withdraw later! Cuz they wont lose anything even if they chose to not attend the school (a DO acceptance or other countries)! To those accepted is there any deposit due in June or something ?

Also keep in mind that some of the students who alrdy accepted their offer might withdraw cuz they come off the waitlist elsewhere.
I think specially at CMU becuz of the no deposit thing alotta people wait to withdraw later! Cuz they wont lose anything even if they chose to not attend the school (a DO acceptance or other countries)! To those accepted is there any deposit due in June or something ?
Ahh really really hoping to get good news for all of us soon!!

I've been accepted there and admissions said applicants that have been removed from the waitlist have 10 days to accept the offer. If they don't they revoke their spot. For myself, I'm waiting to be accepted at another school I've been waitlisted at. Hope that helps

There's a few of us that I have seen consistently on this thread! Hoping really hard for all of us to get through !! This is such a long and stressful process and I really want to finally make my long term plans about where I will be attending medical school.

Congratulations! !! Ive been rooting for you !! I hope i hear some good news too !! Altho i doubt it:(

Please do not lose hope!! I really really hope you get in too and would love to be classmates. I am going to check this thread every day to finally see when you post that you got in!!

Congratulations! !! Ive been rooting for you !! I hope i hear some good news too !! Altho i doubt it:(

Hold tight Em, don't lose the faith! If you don't get called this year try again, one of us might be your big next year to show you the ropes!! Still hoping with you though!

IN TEARS!! I have been accepted to CMU!!! SO so so happy

Massive congrats to you!!! Welcome to CMED 2020 - I could not be happier to have you join us!!!

Also, it is perfectly acceptable and even encouraged to run around your home or workplace screaming in glee for up to 72 hours post acceptance. Take it from us, we're going to be doctors.

Reactions: 2 users
Massive congrats to you!!! Welcome to CMED 2020 - I could not be happier to have you join us!!!

Also, it is perfectly acceptable and even encouraged to run around your home or workplace screaming in glee for up to 72 hours post acceptance. Take it from us, we're going to be doctors.

Several months later, I will admit to randomly running around in glee, though the screaming has decreased. ;)

Just called admissions and they said the class is not full yet and they are still making offers! Hope is not lost yet

Reactions: 2 users
Just called admissions and they said the class is not full yet and they are still making offers! Hope is not lost yet
Thank you! Did they mention anything about how many spots are open and whether those spots are IS/OOS?

They did not say how many spots were open or specify in state or out of state. Just that the class wasn't full and they are still making offers