2015-2016 Central Michigan University Application Thread

Started by Ismet
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

IN TEARS!! I have been accepted to CMU!!! SO so so happy

Massive congrats to you!!! Welcome to CMED 2020 - I could not be happier to have you join us!!!

Also, it is perfectly acceptable and even encouraged to run around your home or workplace screaming in glee for up to 72 hours post acceptance. Take it from us, we're going to be doctors. [emoji6]

[emoji322][emoji322][emoji322][emoji122][emoji122][emoji106][emoji106][emoji109][emoji109]


Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
 
Massive congrats to you!!! Welcome to CMED 2020 - I could not be happier to have you join us!!!

Also, it is perfectly acceptable and even encouraged to run around your home or workplace screaming in glee for up to 72 hours post acceptance. Take it from us, we're going to be doctors. [emoji6]

[emoji322][emoji322][emoji322][emoji122][emoji122][emoji106][emoji106][emoji109][emoji109]


Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Several months later, I will admit to randomly running around in glee, though the screaming has decreased. 😉
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
They did not say how many spots were open or specify in state or out of state. Just that the class wasn't full and they are still making offers
 
Has anyone heard anything about the outcome of the LCME visit that was to occur this month?
 
To those accepted recently do you mind sharing how many days theyve given you to decide if you want to attend? Is it still 2 weeks?
 
Does anyone know how many white coat ceremony tickets we will receive off the top of their head? I emailed them and haven't heard back yet.
-thanks,
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congrats to everyone attending CMU!! Applying this year and this is my dream school.

Questions for accepted applicants... Did you take the CASPER test? I don't think it's required but it says it's "recommended".
 
Congrats to everyone attending CMU!! Applying this year and this is my dream school.

Questions for accepted applicants... Did you take the CASPER test? I don't think it's required but it says it's "recommended".
Hey EspressoDrip42! I will be attending CMED this fall. I believe this is the first year they are implementing the CASPer test for admissions. Personally, I would take it just so they have additional, in-depth insights about you as a person, holistically. Best of luck to you in this application cycle! We're rooting for you
 
Hey EspressoDrip42! I will be attending CMED this fall. I believe this is the first year they are implementing the CASPer test for admissions. Personally, I would take it just so they have additional, in-depth insights about you as a person, holistically. Best of luck to you in this application cycle! We're rooting for you
I am also attending this fall and definitely second what @Fancy1squash said. CMed wants more than the book-smart appicant, they are looking for well rounded people. The CASPer is another way to help them find these individuals.

Best of luck to you this application cycle @EspressoDrip42, it can be tough at times, keep your head up, keep moving forward!
 
I am new to this thread and I apologize if this has been answered in a previous post... Does anyone know if we are able to complete and submit the CASPer after we have submitted our secondary application?

Edit: I am half asleep and have joined last years thread. Whoops!