You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2015-2016 Central Michigan University Application Thread
Started by Ismet
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Congrats!! Are you IS or OOS?Will be withdrawing my acceptance shortly (along with my $30,000 scholarship offer). Its a bittersweet day as I truly believe CMED will be a great program in the future as I was very impressed with their program as a whole. I wish the best of luck to those currently accepted and to those currently on the waitlist.
IS
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congratulations to all who have been accepted thus far! Praying for good news this week. Waitlisted back in early December.
+1 i cant stop checking my emails ! Hoping for good news this week !Congratulations to all who have been accepted thus far! Praying for good news this week. Waitlisted back in early December.
Those of you who were accepted off the waitlist, when did you get their Email ? Cuz it seems like they only send them in the morning ! I want to know so I dont have to neurotically check my email and be stressed all they 9 to 5 lol. Still waiting to hear some good news I feel like I aged 10 years in the past couple of days 🙁. Also so many people have been accepted off the watlist that I dont even know if there is any hope. Wishing for a miracle at this point.
Those of you who were accepted off the waitlist, when did you get their Email ? Cuz it seems like they only send them in the morning ! I want to know so I dont have to neurotically check my email and be stressed all they 9 to 5 lol. Still waiting to hear some good news I feel like I aged 10 years in the past couple of days 🙁. Also so many people have been accepted off the watlist that I dont even know if there is any hope. Wishing for a miracle at this point.![]()
How do you know a lot of ppl have gotten off the waitlist ?? I haven't seen anyone part priority waitlist
I got mine at around 9:30 am, but my friend got his at like 2PM ish.Those of you who were accepted off the waitlist, when did you get their Email ? Cuz it seems like they only send them in the morning ! I want to know so I dont have to neurotically check my email and be stressed all they 9 to 5 lol. Still waiting to hear some good news I feel like I aged 10 years in the past couple of days 🙁. Also so many people have been accepted off the watlist that I dont even know if there is any hope. Wishing for a miracle at this point.![]()
Accepted off the regular waitlist earlier today. I've already accepted a spot at MSUCOM and have finished basically all pre-matriculation tasks. I have a huge decision to make in the next 10 days
Congratulations on your acceptance! Just wondering as a fellow waitlistee, do the acceptances from this point forwards give you a specific time frame that you must accept?
^ might as well stick with msucom, both are schools that are going to produce physicians for primary care, and msucom is a top school for that.
I had to make the same decision and I haven't looked back since. That being said, it was super tough to choose at the time. Either way, you can't lose. They're both great schools. Good luck!Accepted off the regular waitlist earlier today. I've already accepted a spot at MSUCOM and have finished basically all pre-matriculation tasks. I have a huge decision to make in the next 10 days
Will be withdrawing from here in the next few days. I hope my spot goes to one of you guys!
I was super excited to be apart of this program and can't wait to see where it goes in the next few years.
I was super excited to be apart of this program and can't wait to see where it goes in the next few years.
I had an opportunity to interview at MSUCOM and I had to decline because I couldn't afford the trip. I regret not going because recently learned about their DO-Phd program which would have really liked. I don't know if I would have been able to transfer from an DO applicant to DO-Phd but it might have been worth it for me.This is what i'm thinking. Even if I end up wanting to specialize, Michigan controls a large portion of what are now AOA residencies (that are not going to abandon DO's after 2020) and is likely the state with the lowest DO stigma IMO
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was accepted to both as well but chose central due to their curriculum and how new the school is...either place is great though!This is what i'm thinking. Even if I end up wanting to specialize, Michigan controls a large portion of what are now AOA residencies (that are not going to abandon DO's after 2020) and is likely the state with the lowest DO stigma IMO
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Has there been any WL movemnt recently! Its been too quiet here lately! Anybody (OOS/IS?) heard anything/was accepted off the WL in the past coupla days?
I'd like to know this too! This is my only WL so starting to get pretty nervous for the prospects.
Just formally withdrew. Hope to see one of you get in soon!
Just formally withdrew. Hope to see one of you get in soon!
Thank you!! I hope you are happy wherever you end up 🙂 Are you IS or OOS?
IS. I'll see you guys on the residency trail!Thank you!! I hope you are happy wherever you end up 🙂 Are you IS or OOS?
Oh man, I'm OOS. Still holding for hope but it's getting hard!
+1Oh man, I'm OOS. Still holding for hope but it's getting hard!

Maybe today will be a better day for us!
Maybe today will be a better day for us!
Crossing my fingers for you guys/gals!! Hope today is your day!
Still nothing for me. Sitting here with no acceptances smh. Next round of weight list send outs should be at the beginning of next week from what i am being told.
Still nothing for me. Sitting here with no acceptances smh. Next round of weight list send outs should be at the beginning of next week from what i am being told.
Are they sending acceptances in packages? Did you call the admission and they said the nxt round is on Monday ?
Hope we all hear good news 🙁
Hello Everyone!
I've been a long time lurker on this thread and am emerging from the shadows.... I interviewed back in September and was placed on the regular waitlist and was just offered an acceptance! I'm OOS from CA with 3.4 GPA, 24 MCAT, and a non-traditional applicant. I have been following everyone's posts on this thread for months now and have been really stressed throughout this whole cycle....as everyone on here has been as well 🙁 and the reason I am posting this is because I want you guys to please please please don't lose hope! I started prepping for a Master's Program and signed up to retake the MCAT this June. Anything really is possible if you put your mind to it and stay optimistic!!! I really wish and hope all of my fellow applicants on here get accepted! I'm rooting for you all!!!! 🙂 🙂 🙂
I've been a long time lurker on this thread and am emerging from the shadows.... I interviewed back in September and was placed on the regular waitlist and was just offered an acceptance! I'm OOS from CA with 3.4 GPA, 24 MCAT, and a non-traditional applicant. I have been following everyone's posts on this thread for months now and have been really stressed throughout this whole cycle....as everyone on here has been as well 🙁 and the reason I am posting this is because I want you guys to please please please don't lose hope! I started prepping for a Master's Program and signed up to retake the MCAT this June. Anything really is possible if you put your mind to it and stay optimistic!!! I really wish and hope all of my fellow applicants on here get accepted! I'm rooting for you all!!!! 🙂 🙂 🙂
Hello Everyone!
I've been a long time lurker on this thread and am emerging from the shadows.... I interviewed back in September and was placed on the regular waitlist and was just offered an acceptance! I'm OOS from CA with 3.4 GPA, 24 MCAT, and a non-traditional applicant. I have been following everyone's posts on this thread for months now and have been really stressed throughout this whole cycle....as everyone on here has been as well 🙁 and the reason I am posting this is because I want you guys to please please please don't lose hope! I started prepping for a Master's Program and signed up to retake the MCAT this June. Anything really is possible if you put your mind to it and stay optimistic!!! I really wish and hope all of my fellow applicants on here get accepted! I'm rooting for you all!!!! 🙂 🙂 🙂
Congratulations!! I have similar stats and your post is extremely encouraging 🙂 Happy to hear you received wonderful news, and am praying I get to be your classmate next year!!
It's another week! Hoping to get that phone call. Fingers crossed
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm almost done with my first year at CMUWhere did you end up matriculating?
This is my first choice school, and I would love to attend! Does anyone know when orientation is for CMU?
This is my first choice school, and I would love to attend! Does anyone know when orientation is for CMU?
First week of august, with white coat ceremony that friday, and first day of classes the following monday.
Thats great news! And as waitlist of other schools move there may be more spots opening up! Did they by any chance mention whether the spots were for IS or OOS? Cuz they seem to have alotta movement for IS applicants n not much for OOS! I gotta say tho at this point in May im not really optimistic about my chances 🙁I just talked to admissions today and they said they have about 6 more spots that are not currently accepted by someone; let's hope that all of us on this thread get those spots if they're not accepted!
Unfortunately not, I think that if the people that drop their spots are OOS they'll give someone OOS the spot and if they're IS it'll be an IS student. I feel the same way and I'm OOS too-such a nerve wrecking process. She did say though that once they've filled all 104 spots they'll tell the majority of the waitlist that they're taken off of it and only keep a few on it if anyone drops. Not ideal but at least that way we'll know and have a better idea of our chances!Thats great news! And as waitlist of other schools move there may be more spots opening up! Did they by any chance mention whether the spots were for IS or OOS? Cuz they seem to have alotta movement for IS applicants n not much for OOS! I gotta say tho at this point in May im not really optimistic about my chances 🙁
Did they say when those 6 spots would be released for waitlist people to be accepted?Unfortunately not, I think that if the people that drop their spots are OOS they'll give someone OOS the spot and if they're IS it'll be an IS student. I feel the same way and I'm OOS too-such a nerve wrecking process. She did say though that once they've filled all 104 spots they'll tell the majority of the waitlist that they're taken off of it and only keep a few on it if anyone drops. Not ideal but at least that way we'll know and have a better idea of our chances!
They're offering as they go, so right now there are 6 people with pending offers that haven't said yes or no to them. If someone says no they'll offer that spot to someone else and so forth until they're all acceptedDid they say when those 6 spots would be released for waitlist people to be accepted?
Also keep in mind that some of the students who alrdy accepted their offer might withdraw cuz they come off the waitlist elsewhere.They're offering as they go, so right now there are 6 people with pending offers that haven't said yes or no to them. If someone says no they'll offer that spot to someone else and so forth until they're all accepted
I think specially at CMU becuz of the no deposit thing alotta people wait to withdraw later! Cuz they wont lose anything even if they chose to not attend the school (a DO acceptance or other countries)! To those accepted is there any deposit due in June or something ?
Ahh really really hoping to get good news for all of us soon!!Also keep in mind that some of the students who alrdy accepted their offer might withdraw cuz they come off the waitlist elsewhere.
I think specially at CMU becuz of the no deposit thing alotta people wait to withdraw later! Cuz they wont lose anything even if they chose to not attend the school (a DO acceptance or other countries)! To those accepted is there any deposit due in June or something ?
I've been accepted there and admissions said applicants that have been removed from the waitlist have 10 days to accept the offer. If they don't they revoke their spot. For myself, I'm waiting to be accepted at another school I've been waitlisted at. Hope that helpsDid they say when those 6 spots would be released for waitlist people to be accepted?
There's a few of us that I have seen consistently on this thread! Hoping really hard for all of us to get through !! This is such a long and stressful process and I really want to finally make my long term plans about where I will be attending medical school.
IN TEARS!! I have been accepted to CMU!!! SO so so happy
Congratulations! !! Ive been rooting for you !! I hope i hear some good news too !! Altho i doubt it🙁IN TEARS!! I have been accepted to CMU!!! SO so so happy
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
IN TEARS!! I have been accepted to CMU!!! SO so so happy
OMG!!!!! I am SOOOOOO happy for you!!!! Been rooting for you since your first posted!!! Welcome to CMED!!!
Congratulations! !! Ive been rooting for you !! I hope i hear some good news too !! Altho i doubt it🙁
Please do not lose hope!! I really really hope you get in too and would love to be classmates. I am going to check this thread every day to finally see when you post that you got in!!
IN TEARS!! I have been accepted to CMU!!! SO so so happy
Congratulations!!!
Did you send a letter of intent or update letter?
Congratulations! !! Ive been rooting for you !! I hope i hear some good news too !! Altho i doubt it🙁
Hold tight Em, don't lose the faith! If you don't get called this year try again, one of us might be your big next year to show you the ropes!! Still hoping with you though!
OMG!!!!! I am SOOOOOO happy for you!!!! Been rooting for you since your first posted!!! Welcome to CMED!!!
Thank you so much!! <3