You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2015-2016 Central Michigan University Application Thread
Started by Ismet
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
This thread is so quiet! Even compared to last year's. I'm really hoping to hear something from this school.
I feel like it's quiet because there doesn't seem to be much movement, unless those with IIs aren't posting. They seem to be sending out a small amount of IIs on Tuesdays, 1 reported on 8/5, possibly 2 on 8/11, 1 on 8/19... Anyone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
II on August 19th with a 26 MCAT and 3.8 GPA, Asian Male, IS. Don't lose hope, if I can get one, anyone can.
When were you complete?
When were you complete?
July 27th- received the "Secondary Application Confirmation"
That's a solid turnaround. congratsJuly 27th- received the "Secondary Application Confirmation"
G
GABAdabadoo
.
Last edited by a moderator:
I was also complete on 7/27. Waiting on some love from this school!July 27th- received the "Secondary Application Confirmation"
II this morning. In state. Scheduled Oct 16th
II this morning. Schedule for October 23. OOS.
Congrats! Completion dates?
I think they interview about 200-300 for a class size of around 100. More detailed info should be on the MSARDo we have any idea of how many are interviews each cycle? The odds of admission pending an interview?
II! IS! I submitted my application 7/3, for anyone who hasn't heard back yet. So excited! :^)
Stats for those interested (I always am😉 )- 33, 3.7, IS, Publications/research/1000+ hours of community service
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
II this afternoon- 28, 3.6, IS
baaaah I've refreshed my inbox like 50 times and still nothing! Please send me some IS looooove.
@rachiie01 , I am absolutely CERTAIN you will get one!!
Thank you! I really really hope so!@rachiie01 , I am absolutely CERTAIN you will get one!!
Current M1, willing to answer any questions. Best of luck.
Current M1, willing to answer any questions. Best of luck.
When did you apply, get completed, interviewed, accepted etc?? IS or OOS?
Anyone having a message show up on the Biographic Data page that says incomplete when you try to save? I filled out all the info except the out of state question and it keeps saying incomplete.
Anyone having a message show up on the Biographic Data page that says incomplete when you try to save? I filled out all the info except the out of state question and it keeps saying incomplete.
it happened to me too, they said just put "N/A" in the text field.
When did you apply, get completed, interviewed, accepted etc?? IS or OOS?
I dont remember the exact dates, but i do remember applying pretty early, or at least on time. I had everything done and verified before AMCAS sent apps to unis. I was interviewed Oct, accepted May. I am an international student (Canadian)
II just now via email!
Congrats! When were you completed? IS or OOS?
Congrats! When were you completed? IS or OOS?
Thanks! I'm OOS, from Colorado and I submitted 12 July. My stats: 24 MCAT, BCOM 3.25 and cumulative 3.54.
Also an M1 this year willing to answer questions. We remember how it felt this time of year!
Also an M1 this year willing to answer questions. We remember how it felt this time of year!
Any insight and/or tips you would be willing to share regarding the interview? Perhaps things you wish you would have known before your own interview? Thanks.
When did you apply, get completed, interviewed, accepted etc?? IS or OOS?
My AMCAS was verified by the end of June, received secondary first week of July, submitted within a week, II beginning of November for a January interview and accepted first week of February.
Also I was IS
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Any insight and/or tips you would be willing to share regarding the interview? Perhaps things you wish you would have known before your own interview? Thanks.
My advice would be as follows: just be yourself. It's hard to stay calm and appear like you aren't intimidated or nervous, but there had to be a reason you were selected out of the applications received so far. Think about what that might be and play to your strengths.
Does anyone know if we receive our final confirmation e-mail 1 week or 2 weeks before the interview? I have seen both numbers flying around so I just wanted to verify...
II received! I haven't scheduled yet but I just got it today.
What date did you submit your secondary?
When did you apply, get completed, interviewed, accepted etc?? IS or OOS?
Hey all, I am also a current M1. So I submitted my secondary in late september (I think), I interview February 13th, was waitlisted, then accepted in late May/early June. I am in state, had a 3.6 cumulative, 3.8 science, 26 MCAT, and a ton of research and EC. For the interview really just keep what their mission statements are in mind, and just be relaxed. Do prep a little bit by reading some of the things from their site!
What date did you submit your secondary?
8/3 I returned the secondary.
Is anyone aware of how CMED evaluates their applicants post interview?
Hey guy!! current M1 here. For those of you who are OOS: about 20% of our class is OOS and very few have ties to Michigan. I am OOS and just wrote about my intimate connection with working in an under-served community and it seemed to work for me! I had GPA 3.6, MCAT 31, interviewed in November, accepted in December and haven't looked back since. Feel free to message me with any questions at all!
This thread is very silent but I'm just going to go ahead and ask anyways in hopes that someone will see last minute and be able to help! For those of you that received an Interview, do you know where the confidentiatliy and photo release forms are located? Thank you!!
This thread is very silent but I'm just going to go ahead and ask anyways in hopes that someone will see last minute and be able to help! For those of you that received an Interview, do you know where the confidentiatliy and photo release forms are located? Thank you!!
Confidentiality agreement comes via email. Photo release was signed at the interview. Hope this helps.
@MedMochi
Congrats!!! When were you complete?
Congrats!!! When were you complete?
Completed 8/2! Received secondary 7/6@MedMochi
Congrats!!! When were you complete?
II!! So happy 🙂
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
When were you complete??II!! So happy 🙂
Early. I submitted my secondary ~July 10th. I was sure I wasn't getting an II here.When were you complete??
I checked the portal today and saw that my status had changed to "Your supplemental application review is complete but an interview decision is pending. While we make every effort to provide application decisions in a timely manner, it is possible that an applicant could remain without an interview decision until February."
My application was complete late August. I'm guessing that this means that they didn't love my application and are going to wait to see if anyone better comes around before sending me an II 🙁
My application was complete late August. I'm guessing that this means that they didn't love my application and are going to wait to see if anyone better comes around before sending me an II 🙁