2015-2016 Drexel University Application Thread

Started by Ismet
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I wasn't aware they were calling when I spoke to someone from admissions they said they will only be releasing decisions via snail mail. Now ill be staring at my phone as well as checking my mail!
 
Sorry if this has been asked before, but my status changed today from "is and complete and will be reviewed" to "No decision is currently available. Please continue checking this website for updates." Is this a sign of an upcoming hold or rejection? Thank you!
 
Sorry if this has been asked before, but my status changed today from "is and complete and will be reviewed" to "No decision is currently available. Please continue checking this website for updates." Is this a sign of an upcoming hold or rejection? Thank you!
I had this happen to me on Tuesday morning and then back to "is and complete" and have not heard anything since. I also saw this happened to others and have not since seen them reply about any status changes or invites/rejections. ... so not really sure what to think of it ... let me know if you hear anything! 🙂
 
I had this happen to me on Tuesday morning and then back to "is and complete" and have not heard anything since. I also saw this happened to others and have not since seen them reply about any status changes or invites/rejections. ... so not really sure what to think of it ... let me know if you hear anything! 🙂

Will do! Same to you!
 
My status changed to "a decision has been made.." today, i called and they said they won't be mailing the letter out till next week
 
I have been checking my status portal daily.

GOT AN II TODAY!!!!!!!!!! (never thought I would be writing this)

I applied to medical school last year but never received an interview. Freaking freaking freaking out right now.
Happy For you!! When were u complete?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I hate to be a bother but did you get an email or just checked the portal? Are you IS or OOS? Praying for a II too!!

Not a bother! And I just checked my portal today. I went from "decision is currently unavailable" initially to "is an complete" early this week. Then sometime within the past couple of days it switch to an interview invite. I'm IS, non-trad (graduated undergrad in 2015). Pretty average GPA and MCAT.

*edit- I don't know why it switched to "is and complete" on Wednesday when I received a complete email on September 7. Kind of odd!
 
This phone call thing is totally throwing me off! I called them today asking when they will send out the letters and she said "sometime next week" (My status changed to admissions committee has reached a decision on your application today). I asked if they could tell me over the phone (I had to hehe) and she said no. I wonder if that means rejection since they seem to be calling people who got accepted?
 
Last edited:
Because I am a complete amateur to this interview thing: Is there anything I should be doing beforehand? Any advice? Ah so anxious but super excited! 😀😀😀

Just know why you want to be a doctor and know about Drexel! Can't hurt to have a few questions to ask - it is much more relaxed than you would think so no need to freak out (this was my first interview too)
 
Accepted over the phone ~10 min ago too! Interviewed on 9/17/15. My status changed to "a decision", not "a final decision" over a week ago (8 days).

Good luck to everyone! She said that an official letter will arrive in 4 to 5 days.
Did you receive the call from the admissions number or from an unknown number? Just trying to figure out if I missed a call
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
II, OOS, complete 8/28.
I am stoked, and kind of caught off guard because I was stuffing my face with food.
And choked on it.
Can someone who interviewed give their post-feelings/the percentage they accept from interviews?
Congrats!! Did you get an email?
 
I'm also a little concerned. It seems like they're only calling people whose status has changed for more than a week. Maybe they didn't send out letters on time and using it to catch up? It's confusing since they said they only give decisions via mail

Agreed. However, I received the "decision" status on 10/15 and still nothing. This is really bothering me because if I get into Drexel, I am not going to waste my money traveling to schools that are much further away that I do not want to go to as much.
 
Correct me if I'm wrong, but haven't there also been some people who didn't get email notification that they received an II and only found out by checking the portal? I thought I heard something along those lines at some point...
 
I also received the email from Drexel today confirming interview, but I checked the portal earlier this week (thankfully!) and was shocked to see a "schedule interview" link. I was confirmed 9/12 (delayed rec letter, let's not talk about it). Keep checking that portal, I hadn't checked in weeks - lord knows how long that's been sitting there :meh:
 
Has anyone paid the deposit yet? I don't see anywhere to pay it on the portal. Should I wait until I get my stuff in the mail?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad