2015-2016 Drexel University Application Thread

Started by Ismet
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yeah that's what I am thinking, thanks for the input!

Hey, did you ever contact them about your app? Mine is the same -- complete since early August but haven't had a change on my portal at all. Just wondering - thanks!

Also if anyone can confirm - they don't receive any updates (whether grade or publications, etc.) unless you've been invited to interview, correct?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I received a rejection letter on a fine piece of smooth paper.

I wish they could have saved it and the postage and sent an e-mail lol. Good luck to everyone else still in the running 🙂.
 
I received a rejection letter on a fine piece of smooth paper.

I wish they could have saved it and the postage and sent an e-mail lol. Good luck to everyone else still in the running 🙂.

Was this pre or post interview? Were you ever on spring hold? Sorry to hear [emoji53]
 
Last edited:
Was this pre or post interview? Were you ever on spring hold? Sorry to hear [emoji53]

Thanks! Fortunately, I have an acceptance and other interviews coming up. So, I will gladly toss the letter into the recycling bin, lol.

This was pre-interview. I was not placed on hold either.
 
Has anyone else's portal remained at the 'No decision is currently available, please continue checking this website for updates' status since being marked complete?
 
Has anyone else's portal remained at the 'No decision is currently available, please continue checking this website for updates' status since being marked complete?
Mine remained that way from early August (when I was complete) all the way to late November (when I received my II). I wouldn't worry too much about it.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Are we supposed to receive confirmation that they recieved our deposit check/signed acceptance forms? Roughly how long does it take for them to process it? Getting a little worried and am thinking about calling.
 
Are we supposed to receive confirmation that they recieved our deposit check/signed acceptance forms? Roughly how long does it take for them to process it? Getting a little worried and am thinking about calling.

It says "thanks for your deposit" on the decision page
 
II right before the holidays. Finished the secondary as soon as I got it back in August. Anyone want to shed some light on what the interview is like? Heard it was super stressful from a friend who interviewed a few years back.
 
II right before the holidays. Finished the secondary as soon as I got it back in August. Anyone want to shed some light on what the interview is like? Heard it was super stressful from a friend who interviewed a few years back.
I think it depends on who you get for your interview. The person who interviewed me was very nice and easygoing. However, I know there is one interviewer at Drexel who is notorious for asking hard questions in a short amount of time (like a 10-15 minute interview instead of the full 30 that it is supposed to be). Most of the people I talked to after the interview said that their interviews were fairly stress-free. Overall, I thought Drexel was pretty good at hosting the interview, and I learned a lot. Best of luck!
 
I think it depends on who you get for your interview. The person who interviewed me was very nice and easygoing. However, I know there is one interviewer at Drexel who is notorious for asking hard questions in a short amount of time (like a 10-15 minute interview instead of the full 30 that it is supposed to be). Most of the people I talked to after the interview said that their interviews were fairly stress-free. Overall, I thought Drexel was pretty good at hosting the interview, and I learned a lot. Best of luck!
yep i had that dude! not really hard questions but basically playing 20 questions. supa fast! 10minutes tops for me
 
I feel like such a fool.... I can't find my information packet from interview day anywhere. How does Drexel grade? Is it pass/fail?
 
I feel like such a fool.... I can't find my information packet from interview day anywhere. How does Drexel grade? Is it pass/fail?
I'll check the packet when I get home late tonight

Edit: I think I misplaced my packet too hah
 
Last edited:
Ok, so for those of you who are still at "Your file is complete and will be reviewed"

Do we think this is a positive/hopeful thing at this point?

I have been complete since early September. This silence is so tough! I know there have been some pre-interview rejections so I am hoping I am still in the running.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Ok, so for those of you who are still at "Your file is complete and will be reviewed"

Do we think this is a positive/hopeful thing at this point?

I have been complete since early September. This silence is so tough! I know there have been some pre-interview rejections so I am hoping I am still in the running.

I think if we don't hear back by end of early Feb then it's safe to assume we will be rejected.
 
What hotels did people who already interviewed stay at? Are there any with a shuttle to campus?
I would HIGHLY recommend staying at Student Guest House (http://www.studentguesthousemd.com/). Not only is it super affordable, but you get: (a) a snack once you get there, (b) a delicious breakfast, and (c) a ride to the interview. It's only a block or two away from the school, so it's also in a super convenient location. Plus, Tea and her husband (and their adorable dog) are wonderful and kind.