2015-2016 East Carolina University (Brody) Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Got an acceptance email yesterday at exactly 5pm!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Nice. So with your recent accomplishment, you can now tell us the secret to getting into medical school.

SPILL!
Ha, no secrets! Just hard work, good grades, solid MCAT, and lots of EC's!

Reactions: 1 user
Looks like they gave out 12 other acceptances yesterday (1 was ED and was given out Oct. 1st). They've interviewed close to 200 applicants already!

14 in total so far. It looks like they've reviewed applications up to the end of August, with our friend reporting when he interviewed. Does anyone know how often they meet/send out acceptances?

14 in total so far. It looks like they've reviewed applications up to the end of August, with our friend reporting when he interviewed. Does anyone know how often they meet/send out acceptances?

So September interviewees maybe haven't been decided on yet?

On my interview day I believe they said they meet every 2 weeks to discuss applicants that they had not previously made a decision on.

Members don't see this ad :)
In last years forum I think the next wave of acceptances went out around the 23rd.

They said that it usually takes 4-6 weeks from the time you interview to being discussed in the committee meeting, but then they like to review you more than once, so he said not to expect 4-6 weeks but more like 2-3 months. I interviewed early Oct though.

They said that it usually takes 4-6 weeks from the time you interview to being discussed in the committee meeting, but then they like to review you more than once, so he said not to expect 4-6 weeks but more like 2-3 months. I interviewed early Oct though.

I interviewed earlier this week and they said 6-8 weeks was the earliest, but otherwise exactly what you said above

Interview on Thursday, definitely enjoy seeing everyone say it was incredibly comfortable.

To anyone waiting to hear back post-secondary: II received earlier this week after 3 months of being complete, don't let the silence get to you!

Reactions: 2 users
II received yesterday, was complete a few weeks ago. I'll be there the first week of November!

Hey guys, I interviewed 9/15 and on my status portal it still says "We have scheduled your interview. You should receive an e-mail in the next couple of days with more details about your interview day." Anyone else interview around the same time and have this text?

Hey guys, I interviewed 9/15 and on my status portal it still says "We have scheduled your interview. You should receive an e-mail in the next couple of days with more details about your interview day." Anyone else interview around the same time and have this text?
Yep! I interviewed 9/16

Whew! Thanks for the quick reply I was getting really nervous..
No problem! I'm assuming our status portal won't change until the admissions committee reviews our file and makes a decision. The wait is painful :dead:

Any chance we hear back today? Don't adcoms meet every two weeks or something like that?

Did they say we would hear back earliest 4-6 weeks post-interview? I can't seem to remember

Did they say we would hear back earliest 4-6 weeks post-interview? I can't seem to remember
I thought it was 6+ weeks but I could be wrong. This week makes 6 weeks since my interview.

Yeah, i would have expected them to update it at the turn of the month... :(

Has anyone's status changed online since their interview?

Yeah I'm getting really anxious for ECU.. it feels like it's been forEVER

They seemed to indicate that they were only going to trickle acceptances out so I don't know that we should expect to hear too much from them until later in the cycle.

Looks like 27 acceptances as of today. Have any reapplicants on here been accepted? I know that reapplicants are generally successful at ECU.

Looks like 27 acceptances as of today. Have any reapplicants on here been accepted? I know that reapplicants are generally successful at ECU.

Reapplicant here and no news yet!

Reapplicant here and no news yet!
Same here. I also still have the, "we have scheduled your interview... yadda ya," on my portal. It was last updated in August when my interview was scheduled.