You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2015-2016 Florida State University Application Thread
Started by Ismet
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Well congratulations Dr. Janitor, you coming into the class of 2020?
Well congratulations Dr. Janitor, you coming into the class of 2020?
It looks that way...FSU was my #1 choice 🙂
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Well Dr. Janitor I guess I will see you in the summer (hopefully, if I am lucky enough to become a TA) and congratulations Caffein3! I hope to see you i nthe class of 2020! 😀
Is it true that everyone lives in 302? Pricey but it's so convenient!
A lot of people live in 302, but not everyone. Some live in Seminole Flats, Legacy Suites, or The Luxe.
You have lots of options down Call St. for housing. Short walk to campus.
302 is super nice, but super pricey. The housing on Call St. is very "meh." A lot of my classmates live there and have had to deal with water outages, power outages, internet outage, partying freshman, etc. There's plenty of housing around the COMIs it true that everyone lives in 302? Pricey but it's so convenient!
Anyone planning on living just beyond the campus area or know anything about nearby neighborhoods (the safe ones, obviously). Indianhead Acres has been suggested to me. Any other decent neighborhoods within a ten or so minute drive (or better yet, bikeable)? I admit I'm trying to avoid a apartment complex environment.
there is only like 14 units there.... so I don't think that's possible.Is it true that everyone lives in 302? Pricey but it's so convenient!
How did they contact you? e-mail, phone, mail? And congrats!!!Forgot to post but ACCEPTED YESTERDAY!!! I started to get nervous because it was 4pm and I hadn't gotten an email or phone call and I was so worried I was about to get some bad news!
I'm gonna be a doctor guys!! [emoji1]
I have had the status "Application under review by the Office of Admissions" since 7-22-15. Have not heard anything since
I would email and call them. Maybe it's a computer glitchI have had the status "Application under review by the Office of Admissions" since 7-22-15. Have not heard anything since
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Doesn't seem there have been any recent iis? Or is there just a low representation of applicants on SDN?
Mine has been the same from the same date as wellI have had the status "Application under review by the Office of Admissions" since 7-22-15. Have not heard anything since
I interviewed last week, just waiting nowDoesn't seem there have been any recent iis? Or is there just a low representation of applicants on SDN?
But when did you get the invite? I feel like FSU hasn't sent out many in the last few weeks.I interviewed last week, just waiting now![]()
... and good luck!
Good luck to everyone from last Friday/This monday's groups! Hope you get to join the class of 2020!!
Received an II on Wednesday! 🙂
Last edited:
Received an II on Wednesday for 11/13! 🙂
IS, FSU undergrad. LizzieM ~68. Complete 7/9.
Had the "Application under review by the Office of Admissions" status up until today when it updated to "Interview scheduled".
Good luck!
So it has been a while now after i submitted. When i did my last letter was not in. After submitting the letter, i went back and the application said that it would take 2/3 weeks for the letters status to update. Now i went back and it is does not show them as received.... What do i do? Is this normal? Am I Fornication Under the Consent of the King ed?
Completed 8/17, interview invite 10/16, interview 10/26.But when did you get the invite? I feel like FSU hasn't sent out many in the last few weeks.
... and good luck!
I sent my AAMCAS with all my LORs but the portal didn't change to "complete" until I was invited to interview.So it has been a while now after i submitted. When i did my last letter was not in. After submitting the letter, i went back and the application said that it would take 2/3 weeks for the letters status to update. Now i went back and it is does not show them as received.... What do i do? Is this normal? Am I Fornication Under the Consent of the King ed?
Thank you! This is what i wanted to know!Completed 8/17, interview invite 10/16, interview 10/26.
I sent my AAMCAS with all my LORs but the portal didn't change to "complete" until I was invited to interview.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
IS? If not, stats?Received II earlier today for 11/16. Complete 9/24
Congrats!Accepted!!! Just received the email🙂
Rfe67e congratulations! You think you will be joining the class of 2020?
Rfe67e congratulations! You think you will be joining the class of 2020?
Thank you!
I am very interested at FSU! I really liked the school. I had a late interview last year and was put on the waitlist. I feel blessed to have this opportunity this year. I have also been accepted to fiu which I really liked. I am trying to figure out which school will be best for me. I don't want to hold two seats when one of them could go to someone else.
Well all I have to say is this: FSU rocks. I love it.
When were u complete?I'm usually just a lurker but i got a II!!!!!!!
I am soooooo excited, my first interview, to one of my top choices!!!! I was losing hope a little because I really screwed up on the new MCAT.
IS
LizzyM <70
Shoot me an email and I'll add you to the FB group 🙂IS
LizzyM ~70
FSU CoM is #1 choice
Thanks and congratsSept 9
Interviewed 10/30 in the morning. Had a great experience, really anxious to hear back. The waiting is killing me lol
Did anyone get a decision today?
There's a FB group?Shoot me an email and I'll add you to the FB group 🙂
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Sorry for the late repsonse! I'm a sporadic lurker and am pretty bad about checking this. I've lived off Call before and I personally didn't like it... am gonna apply for Luxe and 302 for grins and look around more in January for living closer to the COM. I'm in one FB group for FSU COM but I think we're all undergrads... is there another one I could be missing? Congrats to everyone else hearing back about acceptances!!
Got placed on hold, very disappointing at this point. I thought my interviews went well. This is my first time applying, does anyone know if there is a difference between hold and a waitlist?
.
Last edited:
So sorry if this has been asked before but are they receptive to in the area calls?
Also, about how quickly from the "Under Review" status update to a rejection or II notification?
Also, about how quickly from the "Under Review" status update to a rejection or II notification?
I believe hold IS the wait-list...? Stay optimistic, I have a MS-4 buddy who didn't get in until the day BEFORE orientationGot placed on hold, very disappointing at this point. I thought my interviews went well. This is my first time applying, does anyone know if there is a difference between hold and a waitlist?