You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2015-2016 Howard University Application Thread
Started by Ismet
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Congrats everyone on your acceptances!!!
Did you all get accepted via email or snail mail? And did any of you get the acceptance letter without receiving the e-mail about being out of committee.
I interviewed late October and was supposed to get the 'out of committee' e-mail in late november and my final decision letter in mid december and haven't heard a thing!
Did you all get accepted via email or snail mail? And did any of you get the acceptance letter without receiving the e-mail about being out of committee.
I interviewed late October and was supposed to get the 'out of committee' e-mail in late november and my final decision letter in mid december and haven't heard a thing!
It was an email. And I didn't get anything that said "out of committee" or "your letter has been signed". Maybe they're sending out these emails in waves and you'll get it later today? I'm not sure, but good luck!Congrats everyone on your acceptances!!!
Did you all get accepted via email or snail mail? And did any of you get the acceptance letter without receiving the e-mail about being out of committee.
I interviewed late October and was supposed to get the 'out of committee' e-mail in late november and my final decision letter in mid december and haven't heard a thing!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Interviewed in November, never got any other letter before this. I think it's in waves, maybe alphabetical?
Congrats on the acceptances! Still waiting on an II
Accepted! Wow, I thought I totally bombed the interview here compared to the others I've been to. Perfect news right before the Holiday.
(Accepted) URM ,mcat 25, gpa 3.6 science gpa 3.3 , strong personal story , Big focus on underrepresented populations. Interviewed end of October. (Sorry if I forgot to put certain stats it's midnight lol) Best thing I did was get a job and not focus on checking portals every two seconds. Try to focus on other things in your life while you wait. Hope this helps, good luck. Be blessed.
ORM, 3.9 gpa, 3.7 science, 28mcat, worked fulltime for an innercity EMS as emt, strong community involvement, very strong LORs, extensive extracurriculars. I thought I bombed the interview, the interviewer made many comments that I took as negative criticism- even my photo that went along with my application. So I gave up on checking into this school, because I thought I stood no chance. Then I received the email, and couldn't believe it at first. Howard seems like a great program and I'm very happy on being offered the acceptance. I echo WhenPrayersGoUp recommendation, just try not to dwell on it.
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Is the office open?
Wow great to hear that someone from Aug got an II.II! Complete in August.
What are your stats/LizzyM?
When did you get the II e-mail?II! Complete in August.
Does anyone know of an unbias place to read about the affordable care act that isn't politically influenced?
I haven't 🙁Has anyone that was complete in mid-October received an interview yet?
Congrats YaleBound! Would you mind sharing the available interview dates? 🙂II received this morning 🙂
+1I haven't 🙁
Congrats to everyone who has received an interview! Do you mind sharing your interview dates?
Completed 10/21. No II as of yet. Keeping the faith, however 🙂
Completed 10/21. No II as of yet. Keeping the faith, however 🙂
Completed 10/15, no II yet. Fingers crossed for the both of us!
Complete 10/2. No II. Hoping for this week.
all II are via Email right?
Congrats YaleBound! Would you mind sharing the available interview dates? 🙂[/QUOT
My options were: JANUARY 12, (ONE SPOT), JANUARY 13 (TWO SPOTS), JANUARY 20 (OPEN). Good luck!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Interview Invite 🙂! I need to schedule it for the 20th. I was complete on 12/7/15.
Interview Invite 🙂! I need to schedule it for the 20th. I was complete on 12/7/15.
What a quick turnaround! If you don't mind me asking, what were you stats?
What a quick turnaround! If you don't mind me asking, what were you stats?
I PM'ed you my stats.
What a quick turnaround! If you don't mind me asking, what were you stats?
Not that quick! It was a month after completion 🙂
it is quick lol. i was complete in october, and i havent heard anything.Not that quick! It was a month after completion 🙂
it is quick lol. i was complete in october, and i havent heard anything.
, idk then. This process is so random.Has anyone else who interviewed in October not heard back yet? I haven't received my "out of committee" email or any correspondence since my interview! I received my II soon after I was complete and I thought my interview went very well so I'm starting to worry why its been so long without hearing anything.
Has anyone else who interviewed in October not heard back yet? I haven't received my "out of committee" email or any correspondence since my interview! I received my II soon after I was complete and I thought my interview went very well so I'm starting to worry why its been so long without hearing anything.
Have you tried giving the admissions office a call to check on your status?
i wasn't sure if that was appropriate or if they would see is inpatient and annoying. You think I should call/e-mail them?Have you tried giving the admissions office a call to check on your status?
I wasn't sure if that was appropriate or if i would come across as inpatient/annoying. You think I should call/email them?Have you tried giving the admissions office a call to check on your status?
i wasn't sure if that was appropriate or if they would see is inpatient and annoying. You think I should call/e-mail them?
i wasn't sure if that was appropriate or if they would see is inpatient and annoying. You think I should call/e-mail them?
If I remember correctly, I believe that the packet they gave us during our interview said that we should be receiving information regarding our status within 30 days, and if we don't we could call to inquire about our status. I'm not at work and don't have the packet with me so I could be wrong, but I'll double check when I go home for lunch today.
Congrats!! Do you mind sharing your stats with meInterview Invite 🙂! I need to schedule it for the 20th. I was complete on 12/7/15.
I sent in My II on October 1st, app complete on 10/6, no interview ... yet ... I'm not sure what to think anymore because someone who was complete on 12/7 got an interview already but a friend of mine with similar stats who applied way early did not receive an interview from Howard but has been accepted to 5 other medical schoolsHas anyone that was complete in mid-October received an interview yet?
I was complete mid september and I have nothing :/I sent in My II on October 1st, app complete on 10/6, no interview ... yet ... I'm not sure what to think anymore because someone who was complete on 12/7 got an interview already but a friend of mine with similar stats who applied way early did not receive an interview from Howard but has been accepted to 5 other medical schools
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Out of committee/decision has been made email today. Said I have to wait until letter is signed to call, between now and January 30. Why so long Howard!! Interviewed 12/8.
Was just wondering how many people have been waiting for several months now? Submitted my secondary in September and haven't heard a peep since then. Does it look bad?
In the same boat, if that helps.Was just wondering how many people have been waiting for several months now? Submitted my secondary in September and haven't heard a peep since then. Does it look bad?
In the same boat, if that helps.
I sent an update on my application after classes ended in December, expecting to receive some sort of information, but nothing yet.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K
- Replies
- 35
- Views
- 11K