2015-2016 Howard University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anyone who has received an out of committee, I would check your mailbox for the physical letter. I received mine today. Waitlisted.

Damn Im sorry to hear. I was out of committee 5/3 too. Interviewed 3/23

Nothing in the mail today, my heart sunk after reading your message

Members don't see this ad.

I'm so sorry to hear that, hopefully spots open up soon. We interviewed together and I have yet to receive any further correspondence, apart from the OOC email two weeks ago.
It's all good. I think we all are trying to hang in there. Like it's been stated, it's not over until it's over.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Wait what. Didn't they say to contact them if you haven't received out of committee in 30 days
I spoke to someone last week and my app was in the process of being reviewed by the committee...

Members don't see this ad :)
I want to call. I want to know already. I also want to know if the class is full and if they're waitlisting everyone for now? I am being neurotic I know. #whatwaitingdoestoyou

I want to call. I want to know already. I also want to know if the class is full and if they're waitlisting everyone for now? I am being neurotic I know. #whatwaitingdoestoyou
I can't blame ya, this is our future at stake but I've heard Howard's admissions is notoriously slow

I can't blame ya, this is our future at stake but I've heard Howard's admissions is notoriously slow

I understand they were behind - it happens - but it's already the middle of May - I want to know. I want to be in. I want to be able to say Ive ben accepted to Howard!

I understand they were behind - it happens - but it's already the middle of May - I want to know. I want to be in. I want to be able to say Ive ben accepted to Howard!
Im with you...I can't get my military orders until I receive a full acceptance

Get ready people waiting, a spot just opened up! I withdrew my acceptance, and it is coming your way! Good luck! Catch you on the flip side!

Reactions: 2 users
GOD IS WONDERFUL!!!!! JUST GOT ACCEPTED!!!!

Reactions: 10 users
Do you think it was from the withdrawn acceptance or is there no correlation??

Everybody who is waiting please call
202-806-9478. I just called and Ms. Walk picked up and she said I was accepted. She was like, you should have received an email yday. But I never did. She re sent it and I got it

So please call if you are about to die from waiting!
Congrats

202-806-9478. I just called and Ms. Walk picked up and she said I was accepted. She was like, you should have received an email yday. But I never did. She re sent it and I got it

When is best to call, I feel like EVERYTIME I call no one answers.

-K

Congratulations!

Anyone else get this?

If so, were you accepted or wait listed?? I'm dying over here. This is the latest thing I've gotten since my out of committee letter 5/3 and it's not even from Howard. It's from a background check company!

YOUR IMMEDIATE ATTENTION TO THIS REQUEST IS APPRECIATED

Dear

You have received this email because you have been waitlisted or conditionally accepted by one or more of the medical schools participating in the AAMC-facilitated program for performing criminal background checks on conditionally accepted applicants and waiting list applicants. Please note that the requesting medical school will be notified if consent is not provided, and that failure to provide consent may result in failing to meet the requesting medical school's admissions requirements

To provide consent, please follow the instructions below:
1. Paste the link below into your browser:http://www.applicationstation.com

2. Enter the Code: CERTAAMC2016 in the Application Station Code field.

3. If you have not already created an account for yourself, click the "SIGN UP NOW" button to do so. Otherwise, just click the "SIGN BACK IN" button to login using your
I'm pretty sure you were accepted somewhere. I got this after my acceptance notification (at another school.)

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
I spoke to admissions today and the class is currently full but the class is fluid

I spoke to admissions today and the class is currently full but the class is fluid

I am glad you were able to get through. How is it still full. How. They told us that people would be dropping out with multiple acceptances - hasn't that deadline passed. Why interview us if the class is full. Sorry I am just upset because I really want to go here.

I am glad you were able to get through. How is it still full. How. They told us that people would be dropping out with multiple acceptances - hasn't that deadline passed. Why interview us if the class is full. Sorry I am just upset because I really want to go here.
I definitely understand your frustration. HUCM is my number one choice as well. According to admission, the people who had multiple acceptances as of April 30th have until May 30th to make their decision.

They might have overestimated how many people would withdrawal. They interview around the same number of people every year. This year might have been different because they were way more behind on things/ gave out interviews later than usual. So the people that went to the interviews might not have had as many interviews as people in the previous years, meaning they were more likely to accept the offers given. Just my theory.

Edit: a lot of schools haven't had as much movement as they have in the past, especially the hbcus.

Last edited:
Just popping in here as I will be applying this upcoming cycle.

But, how do people afford private schools like Howard? This is my dream school. I'm just interested in learning how people foot the bill.

Just popping in here as I will be applying this upcoming cycle.

But, how do people afford private schools like Howard? This is my dream school. I'm just interested in learning how people foot the bill.

loans unless u get a scholarship or have generous parents/family members

Is it safe to assume that interview invites are now over sweetness34 , Doc4Underserved anyone else know?

Yes, I was told they are done with interviewing people now. If you haven't interviewed at Howard, I wish you all the best in your endeavors and I hope you have interviewed (and receive acceptances) at other schools. If this cycle didn't go as well as you had hoped, please do not be discouraged. Believe me when I say, it does not have to be the end of your journey. I was a reapplicant and during my first cycle, I received no interviews. For those waiting for the outcome of your interview, keep in contact with the admissions office but please stay patient. Some people get accepted the week of orientation. Those who have been accepted, welcome to the HUCM family!! Try to enjoy your summer and be refreshed and ready for July!!!

Reactions: 2 users