2015-2016 Howard University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
what is howard policy on classes(pre-req) taken at CC

You'll probably have to contact the adcom directly, they don't have anything listed in the MSAR about taking classes at a CC

Members don't see this ad.

@NaomiM I called today and was told that there is an issue with their host server, which is preventing them from sending out secondaries.

The wait continues...

I know Howard has been having a lot of issues with the servers, not just the med school but undergrad as well.

Members don't see this ad :)
That actually kinda makes me feel better!

Reactions: 1 user
I went to the open house today and they said that the servers have been down. One thing that they emphasized was their mission statement and their commitment to serving underserved populations.

anyone knows when they will start sending out II's

Reactions: 1 users
Anyone know when they will start sending complete emails? (sarcasm) lol

Received an email this morning saying that my secondary was received/screened.

Reactions: 1 users
Hmm...I haven't received any correspondence from Howard since submitting my secondary on 8/27.

Do you guys think the issue with the servers is also preventing them from reviewing submitted secondaries?

Members don't see this ad :)
I just received my secondary -- it took three weeks from adding the school in AMCAS.

Yay! Finally I've received my secondary invite too!

Does anyone else have on their status page the "interview not scheduled yet" text? It is unclickable for me

Do they send a confirmation email when you submit your secondary? Just for receipt of the secondary, not referring to a complete email. I submitted last week and haven't received one. Did anyone else receive one?

Do they send a confirmation email when you submit your secondary? Just for receipt of the secondary, not referring to a complete email. I submitted last week and haven't received one. Did anyone else receive one?

They do, I applied last year

So I didn't know when I added it to AMCAS that Howard is traditionally a black college. I was wondering whether that is still true -- ie is it worth applying if you're not URM ?

So I didn't know when I added it to AMCAS that Howard is traditionally a black college. I was wondering whether that is still true -- ie is it worth applying if you're not URM ?
Yes, if you fit their mission and have experiences to back it up

The dental school started giving out interviews so hopefully med school starts soon

II! just received an email today! good luck everyone

Reactions: 3 users
Thank you, i didnt receive any emails or anything after i submitted my secondary. I didnt check my portal because i couldnt handle the stress, so i dont know when i was complete. (no date on it) I submitted 2ndary 8/21.

For those of you applying/receiving secondaries, do you mind sharing your stats? Thanks!

OOS cGPA 3.41, MCAT 27 URM/refugee, severely economically disadvantaged and first gen high School student and only college grad in a family of 12 kids. Be honest (I won't be offended), do you think I have a good shot at this school this year? I'm already focusing on retaking and improving my states (except G.P.A), and reapplying next year incase I don't get in anywhere. I'm all about Primary care and my EC are in line with this school's mission.

OOS cGPA 3.41, MCAT 27 URM/refugee, severely economically disadvantaged and first gen high School student and only college grad in a family of 12 kids. Be honest (I won't be offended), do you think I have a good shot at this school this year? I'm already focusing on retaking and improving my states (except G.P.A), and reapplying next year incase I don't get in anywhere. I'm all about Primary care and my EC are in line with this school's mission.

Big time

What does it say next to interview for those who have submitted their apps?

just received a complete email...they are moving once again lol

I also submitted 8/18 but I haven't heard back