Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
sorry if this has been asked before, but what email address do we send post-interview update letters to?
Don't know and it doesn't really matter. They don't ever give them to the raters so who cares
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
sorry if this has been asked before, but what email address do we send post-interview update letters to?
He's asking about post-interview updates, not thank-you notes.Don't know and it doesn't really matter. They don't ever give them to the raters so who cares
sorry if this has been asked before, but what email address do we send post-interview update letters to?
He's asking about post-interview updates, not thank-you notes.
Don't know and it doesn't really matter. They don't ever give them to the raters so who cares
Oooops, sorry!He's asking about post-interview updates, not thank-you notes.
Arturo never gave a time, but since I got my decision like basically 2 weeks after interviewing, do it as soon as you can. Seems like they're moving faster as it gets later. Hopefully you also had time to update stuff during the traditional station at the MMI as well.How soon after our interview do they usually accept updates? Should it ideally be ASAP? Is a week ok?
🙄I've been noticing how you like to jump kind of rudely at what people ask. Be a little more considerate of the community.
I am pretty sure that Thursday night is the night for calls. However don't give up, I got my call on a night that was NOT when Arturo told our cohort that we would be reviewed. Albeit it was earlier. Regardless, it's hard to predict when they actually review you!I'm nervous - interviewed mid-January and no call tonight. I think this week was the week they reviewed my cohort. Is there hope for a call Friday?
Hm, how you know this? People reporting mid-Jan decisions have been all over the place in terms of dates. There's someone from October here (look above) who still hasn't gotten an answer. Don't jump to conclusions!I'm nervous - interviewed mid-January and no call tonight. I think this week was the week they reviewed my cohort. Is there hope for a call Friday?
You interviewed 1/19 and heard back. I interviewed 1/23. There couldn't have been another date in between.Hm, how you know this? People reporting mid-Jan decisions have been all over the place in terms of dates. There's someone from October here (look above) who still hasn't gotten an answer. Don't jump to conclusions!
Just saying, especially with the October example, there's no guarantee that this week they'll be considering you and no guarantee that not hearing on Thursday night means you're not inYou interviewed 1/19 and heard back. I interviewed 1/23. There couldn't have been another date in between.
I hope so, thanksJust saying, especially with the October example, there's no guarantee that this week they'll be considering you and no guarantee that not hearing on Thursday night means you're not in
Do you know of anyone on your interview date who hasn't received a decision?Just saying, especially with the October example, there's no guarantee that this week they'll be considering you and no guarantee that not hearing on Thursday night means you're not in
There are 30 people per interview day. I do not know a single one of themDo you know of anyone on your interview date who hasn't received a decision?
Withdraw tab disappeared today (pre-II). I expect that it's my turn to get axed. 😛
+1. What a bummer way to start the weekend. 🙁Withdraw tab disappeared today (pre-II). I expect that it's my turn to get axed. 😛
I'm submitting to anywhere I've been waitlisted. You never know, and it's better to get your information in than have delays in financial aid packages.Does anybody know if we should submit financial aid information if we are on the wait list? Thanks!
Unranked. They see what kind of student they're missing when it comes time to pick from the WL and give offers based on that. This comes from Arturo himself.Waitlisted, interviewed later part of January. Does anyone know how the waitlist works? Is it by priority or time placed?
I would assume that you can! Keep in mind though that Arturo flat out said that LOIs don't really do much of anything for them since the supplementary essay already tells them why you like Stanford. I would only write one if you can say (truthfully) "If I am accepted I would definitely attend," not just to say that you really like the school. Good luck!Does anyone know if we can send letters expressing interest or updates while waitlisted?
Do you guys think the committee makes decisions for only one interview group every week?
So I guess people who interviewed on 1/28 will hear back this week?
just happened to me too. don't worry, you'll end up in the place that's right for you.Rejected. Thanks for the terrible birthday present, Stanford. 🙁
Thanks! I'm sorry to hear about your rejection. Stanford sure is missing out on some awesome applicants.just happened to me too. don't worry, you'll end up in the place that's right for you.
Happy birthday!!
Any idea about when it's best to send to a letter of interest? I assume they can't take anyone off the waitlist until after May, so perhaps it's best to wait until then?I would assume that you can! Keep in mind though that Arturo flat out said that LOIs don't really do much of anything for them since the supplementary essay already tells them why you like Stanford. I would only write one if you can say (truthfully) "If I am accepted I would definitely attend," not just to say that you really like the school. Good luck!
Is further consideration better than waitlist? Or is there no way to know? Just curious...My assumption is yes. From the pattern of notifications, they probably accept those that they really think are a perfect fit right off the bat, and put others into either wait list or further consideration (rarely rejection it seems like).
and I sure hope they decide on 1/28 this week! 🙂
To my knowledge there is no such thing as "further consideration" as a decision after the interview. You are either rejected or waitlisted (mostly waitlisted).Is further consideration better than waitlist? Or is there no way to know? Just curious...
I have no idea but that seems logical. Then again some people may withdraw before May...Any idea about when it's best to send to a letter of interest? I assume they can't take anyone off the waitlist until after May, so perhaps it's best to wait until then?
Just checked and the "Withdraw" option disappeared on my portal (BTW was I the only one that was antsy about how close this button was to the "Log Out" button?). From the looks of what others have posted, I will be getting the axe soon pre-II. I was complete 8/2
I received an II on 02/13 for 02/19Same. I don't think any IIs have been going out recently anyway.



JUST GOT ACCEPTED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
(Interviewed Feb 2nd and informed by phone call)
BEST DAY OF MY LIFE
So there are still spots left folks!
Our mission is to provide students with free, unbiased information, resources, and advising for careers in the health professions. We believe every student deserves access to trustworthy guidance, regardless of background or ability to pay.