2015-2016 Temple University Application Thread

Started by Ismet
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
The part that confuses me is it seems like no one is rejected post-interview. It seems like everyone is put on the CCL.

Also, looking on MSAR, it seems like post-interview, Temple gives huge in-state preference. I didn't even know that Temple was a state school when I applied


Can we ask? Have people been rejected post interview?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Posting this for a friend, her status just changed to "under review" on her portal. She received II and submitted it August 1. She and I both know that this process takes awhile, but can anyone tell me how long it took to hear back from Temple after their status changed to "under review"? Thanks in advance!
 
Posting this for a friend, her status just changed to "under review" on her portal. She received II and submitted it August 1. She and I both know that this process takes awhile, but can anyone tell me how long it took to hear back from Temple after their status changed to "under review"? Thanks in advance!

from what some people have posted they are still under review after submitting in July.....
 
I know that you guys aren't allowed to reveal much about the interview but how do you think I should prepare? How many interviewers are there and are they faculty/staff/student?

Thanks
 
I know that you guys aren't allowed to reveal much about the interview but how do you think I should prepare? How many interviewers are there and are they faculty/staff/student?

Thanks
I'm not sure if the main campus does this since I interviewed at St. Luke's, but I got an email before my interview date that gave a detailed description of what to expect for the day. You have two one-on-one interviews with physicians (one closed, one open file) and a clinical skills portion which is described in the email.

Just be yourself and know how to maintain a conversation/be a people person (I know this sounds weird but you'll understand when you do the clinical skills part) and you'll be fine!
 
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
II today!

Sent in my secondary when it opened on 7/29.

Available dates for most of Feb it looks like.

edit: oos, 3.8/35
I was gonna say I still had hope. Based on those stats -- I guess I'll just keep quiet for another month. Congrats though!
 
I'm asking for my friend, when did your application go under review?
I'm not sure, sorry!


I was gonna say I still had hope. Based on those stats -- I guess I'll just keep quiet for another month. Congrats though!
If this school averages mcat scores, then it's more like a 33 for me. Thanks and don't lose hope! I'm sure they are still handing interviews out, there were plenty of dates to choose from.
 
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
II from Temple at 6 pm yesterday!!(Meaning Wednesday because I'm posting at 3 am Thursday)
Also they currently have interview slots open through Feb 19 so they're def expecting people to schedule interviews within 15-20 days after receiving the invite
 
Can anyone comment on the combined MD/MA in Urban Bioethics? I am considering this but when I went to interview none of my student tour guides were in the dual degree program.
 
Just got rejected everywhere else so Temple CCL is my only hope 🙁 Trying to stay positive but also considering alternate career plans at this point
 
Time for another episode of Officer Farva's interview reviews (I interviewed here my first cycle in 2014-2015 so what I say may be inaccurate for current interviewees):

I love Philly, I don't love North Philly. Beautiful campus. Ok research, but the faculty and students did not seem to care much about those opportunities. Very nice faculty interview. My student interview basically called me a bad fit because I am a research geek with 0 non-clinical volunteering (Then why waste my time inviting me?).

Grade: B
 
Time for another episode of Officer Farva's interview reviews (I interviewed here my first cycle in 2014-2015 so what I say may be inaccurate for current interviewees):

I love Philly, I don't love North Philly. Beautiful campus. Ok research, but the faculty and students did not seem to care much about those opportunities. Very nice faculty interview. My student interview basically called me a bad fit because I am a research geek with 0 non-clinical volunteering (Then why waste my time inviting me?).

Grade: B
oh had no idea they were strong for non-clinical volunteering (0 hours hence no II i guess)
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does this school do silent rejections??
I called the office not too long ago and they said they send rejection notices throughout the cycle, but no one has reported a rejection in this thread as far as I know.

The website's wording suggests that they send rejections at the end of the cycle only though.