2024-2025 Tulane

Started by wysdoc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

does tulane offer merit scholarships?
It looks like they do, and they definitely need based scholarships.
PSA since we're all independents, Tulane says they don't look at your FAFSA to determine need-based scholarships, but instead they look at parent's income and you can add that in FAFSA sometime around May when the addendum becomes available.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
It looks like they do, and they definitely need based scholarships.
PSA since we're all independents, Tulane says they don't look at your FAFSA to determine need-based scholarships, but instead they look at parent's income and you can add that in FAFSA sometime around May when the addendum becomes available.
Do you know how it works if you're 25+ and independent from your parents? My parents do well financially but do not plan on supporting me in any way while I'm in medical school. The only money I have in savings is from what little I've saved from my low-paying job lol. Do you think I'd still be considered in terms of my parents' income?
 
Do you know how it works if you're 25+ and independent from your parents? My parents do well financially but do not plan on supporting me in any way while I'm in medical school. The only money I have in savings is from what little I've saved from my low-paying job lol. Do you think I'd still be considered in terms of my parents' income?
not sure about tulane, but i know many schools consider your parents income for need based aid regardless until you reach a certain age (around 32 ish?)
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Submitted 9/2 and got the under review 1/7. Nothing since then though. Did people who got interviews get them soon after the under review email?
 
I looked through my emails and I sent two. One in August and another in September. Both were updates to my application with continued interested sprinkled in but nothing since then.

First off, congrats!! I just wanted to ask you if for your updates did you submit them to the portal or did you email them to the dean of admissions?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Pre-II R OOS, under review nov 11 [emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]]][emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]]]/[emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]]]. I literally just submitted an update letter a few days ago 🫠
 
Been a ghost on this thread for a while but wanted to congratulate everyone getting in! I interviewed as an OOS Applicant August 20th and got accepted October 15th! LM 68.2. Is there a groupme for accepted students?
 
OOS Pre-II hold, basically expecting this to turn into a R as the interview cycle is ending very soon. LM 65, submitted end of July.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad