2015-2016 Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Did you guys include your college dorm rooms on the SF-86 places you lived? Does anyone know what happens if you don't?

Members don't see this ad.

Did you guys include your college dorm rooms on the SF-86 places you lived? Does anyone know what happens if you don't?
I would include it. If you ever did anything with that address they will find it during the check and just cause you a headache.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: 1 user
ever heard of people having sent in their base access forms and having those forms get lost? I've been trying to confirm whether they've got me covered but haven't been able to get a hold of a live person at admissions and voicemails/emails haven't been returned.

Members don't see this ad :)
ever heard of people having sent in their base access forms and having those forms get lost? I've been trying to confirm whether they've got me covered but haven't been able to get a hold of a live person at admissions and voicemails/emails haven't been returned.
Hmm they are usually pretty good. I do remember having a specific point of contact in the interview email about the security forms. I can't remember the lady's name though. Keep in mind it's Friday before a 3 day weekend and already almost 9pm there. They probably were gone by 2 if even in at all today. A lot of military units give four day weekends when they can if its already a holiday.

yeah-- i'd called all day starting at 9AM their time through 4:15pm. figured holiday may be issue. was able to get a hold of someone yesterday morning at around 10AM eastern; that was when i found out that my host questionnaire got lost. Was then transferred to someone presumably knowledgeable about base access and left a voicemail.

Does anybody know how precise our medical history needs to be on the DoDMETS forms. I don't know the exact dates and of my wisdom teeth extraction and vasectomy, which were performed while I was in the Army. I'm having trouble figuring out where they sent my medical records.

Does anybody know how precise our medical history needs to be on the DoDMETS forms. I don't know the exact dates and of my wisdom teeth extraction and vasectomy, which were performed while I was in the Army. I'm having trouble figuring out where they sent my medical records.
For things like that if you have the year you're good. I had some similar issues. Anything more recent or that could affect suitability is more important.

For things like that if you have the year you're good. I had some similar issues. Anything more recent or that could affect suitability is more important.

I was prescribed a narcotic in both situations, so I don't know if that will matter. Hopefully, since it happened while I was in the military, they will be able to easily access my records. Thanks for the advice. You've been a lot of help in this thread.

I was prescribed a narcotic in both situations, so I don't know if that will matter. Hopefully, since it happened while I was in the military, they will be able to easily access my records. Thanks for the advice. You've been a lot of help in this thread.
No worries and being prescribed a narcotic isn't even a discussion for medical review boards. Substance abuse on the other hand would be. You should be in good shape :). Glad to help if I can!

For some reason, I can't open the SECNAV document on my computer. Anyone have any advice?

For some reason, I can't open the SECNAV document on my computer. Anyone have any advice?
Do you have a Mac? Check to make sure it isn't trying to open in Preview instead of Adobe Acrobat. If it is, open it with Adobe and make sure it's the latest version. When I went to an open house there, that's what I had to do.

It has to be Adobe you open it in. There are a few other pdf viewers but they won't work. Ones I know don't work are the default one for Mac, the Windows default one, and the ones on iOS. So you can't open it from an iPhone either.

So on SF86 does every unfilled space need "N/A" for example for additional spaces available for residency or education (for listing more schools or places of residence) do I need put "N/A" into every additional free space? Or questions that don't apply (related to immigration/naturalization, prior clearances, etc)?

Members don't see this ad :)
So on SF86 does every unfilled space need "N/A" for example for additional spaces available for residency or education (for listing more schools or places of residence) do I need put "N/A" into every additional free space? Or questions that don't apply (related to immigration/naturalization, prior clearances, etc)?

Were there directions elsewhere to enter "N/A" where no information is available?

So when I filled out the SF86 last year, I made sure that any spaces that were blank I entered an "N/A". Doesn't hurt, especially as this is stated in the beginning of the form in the instructions. Pretty easy to hit N/A and the tab key repeatedly.

A word of warning to anyone filling out the form. They changed the format of the form where instead of manually writing out the state initials, they now have a scroll menu listing the options. Unfortunately they do not have a "blank" or "N/A" option, so when I had accidentally clicked on the state box which was in a category that was not pertinent to me, it had a fixed state and I had to start all over on that page after printing out the previous pages.

So when I filled out the SF86 last year, I made sure that any spaces that were blank I entered an "N/A". Doesn't hurt, especially as this is stated in the beginning of the form in the instructions. Pretty easy to hit N/A and the tab key repeatedly.

Ahh-- Missed that. Thanks!

A word of warning to anyone filling out the form. They changed the format of the form where instead of manually writing out the state initials, they now have a scroll menu listing the options. Unfortunately they do not have a "blank" or "N/A" option, so when I had accidentally clicked on the state box which was in a category that was not pertinent to me, it had a fixed state and I had to start all over on that page after printing out the previous pages.
You don't have to use the drop down menu. When I made a mistake in the state box I just clicked in the box and deleted it.

Does anyone know what the MSAR data for USUHS was this round?

Man...the security questionnaire is quite the doozy. Some of this stuff is really difficult to remember. Like dates and number of days of foreign trips I took 6-7 years ago! I am assuming just doing it to the best of my ability will have to work.

Really excited to interview this week!

Man...the security questionnaire is quite the doozy. Some of this stuff is really difficult to remember. Like dates and number of days of foreign trips I took 6-7 years ago! I am assuming just doing it to the best of my ability will have to work.

Really excited to interview this week!
are ya interviewin' thursday? I'll see you there, if so.

Did you bother checking to see if you're all set with base access? I wasn't able to before the holiday weekend and now i'm nervous.

@jyang I have no idea no idea if I am all set. I never received an email saying that there was a problem. So I figured it was all good. Maybe a mistake on my part. I was planning on just showing up at the gate a little extra early in case there is a problem.

@jyang I have no idea no idea if I am all set. I never received an email saying that there was a problem. So I figured it was all good. Maybe a mistake on my part. I was planning on just showing up at the gate a little extra early in case there is a problem.

I've been looking through the threads for the last 2 years and, so far, haven't found anyone who had a problem getting through the gate. Then again, my host-questionnaire did get lost.. so..there's that.

I've been looking through the threads for the last 2 years and, so far, haven't found anyone who had a problem getting through the gate. Then again, my host-questionnaire did get lost.. so..there's that.

Haha that is my plan, too! Show up at the gate... I also didn't receive any sort of notice telling me that things weren't in order, so fingers crossed I followed all the instructions. Though, I did get those confirmation instruction emails soon after submitting the base access forms, so maybe that was a sort of confirmation?

Haha that is my plan, too! Show up at the gate... I also didn't receive any sort of notice telling me that things weren't in order, so fingers crossed I followed all the instructions. Though, I did get those confirmation instruction emails soon after submitting the base access forms, so maybe that was a sort of confirmation?

I didn't get any sort of response after emailing my forms :(

Does anyone know whether base access can be taken care of in person the day prior to entry?

I didn't get any sort of response after emailing my forms :(

Does anyone know whether base access can be taken care of in person the day prior to entry?
Seriously, don't worry. The email I mention, I received it two separate times, so it may have been the result of a computer glitch. AND it was NOT from the contact person for base access—so what I'm saying is that it was more than likely a coincidence I received the email. And yes, I read somewhere that you can go to the pass office beforehand, if necessary. Don't worry! I'm sure you're fine!

For the SF86, if I was born in Ukraine when it was still part of the Soviet Union, what should I put as my place of birth?

For the SF86, if I was born in Ukraine when it was still part of the Soviet Union, what should I put as my place of birth?
I would go with how it's listed on your passport or birth certificate. If you have a U.S. passport it should list it there?

Seriously, don't worry. The email I mention, I received it two separate times, so it may have been the result of a computer glitch. AND it was NOT from the contact person for base access—so what I'm saying is that it was more than likely a coincidence I received the email. And yes, I read somewhere that you can go to the pass office beforehand, if necessary. Don't worry! I'm sure you're fine!

I've had my records/forms lost/fallen through cracks enough times in the military to realize that it doesn't behoove me to assume someone else's got me taken care of when it comes to paperwork. :) thanks for the advice-- try to get access day prior.

Everyone ready for Thursday? I'm starting to get excited!

So, for those interested--

Admin doesn't send confirmation that base access will be granted; they will only send notice that your request has been declined.

This was confusing for me because in last year's thread someone mentioned that they got confirmation.

Still isn't as reassuring as I'd like given I still don't know if my access form was received in the first place. O, well. :/ :)

hey, hey. would you guys know if there's parking at the at the medical center station? Parking on base? Thanks very much for help.

hey, hey. would you guys know if there's parking at the at the medical center station? Parking on base? Thanks very much for help.
No parking (at least to speak of) at the station. There is parking on base but I know some of it was for students only. Probably get there a little early to make sure you get a spot.

No parking (at least to speak of) at the station. There is parking on base but I know some of it was for students only. Probably get there a little early to make sure you get a spot.

Thanks! Is there a particular lot i should be looking in?

So, for those interested--

Admin doesn't send confirmation that base access will be granted; they will only send notice that your request has been declined.

This was confusing for me because in last year's thread someone mentioned that they got confirmation.

Still isn't as reassuring as I'd like given I still don't know if my access form was received in the first place. O, well. :/ :)

I received an email this morning confirming my access.

Reactions: 1 users
I had a dream last night that I got to my interview and LTC Saguil told me that I can't be accepted and might as well reapply next year...haha. Good luck to everyone waiting to hear back tomorrow! I interview the 29th

I believe you need to send an email to LaRhonda Baker to request parking

Can any one corroborate this? I feel I may have used up all my allotted questions to admissions this cycle...

Edit:

Nevermind. From initial email-

PARKING

You will need to submit the driver's name if a parking space will be needed. Please note: This will not guarantee you a parking space. It means you will be approved to park at USUHS if parking spaces are available when you arrive the morning of your interview. Parking on base is limited. You are strongly encouraged to utilize public transportation. Names must be submitted two weeks before your interview date. NAMES WILL NOT BE ADDED TO THE BASE ACCESS OR PARKING LIST AFTER THE DEADLINE. All names submitted by the deadline will be added to the lists. Confirmation emails will not be sent.

Last edited:
Anyone going to the dinner tonight at Union Jacks?

Thanks! Is there a particular lot i should be looking in?

The parking is under the building, the access ramp is from the west side. If you enter through the eastern-most gate (where the USUHS sign is), you'll drive past the front of the building, then make a right at the intersection.