2021-2022 Uniformed Services University of Health Sciences

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I need some love from the Navy and army like very soon lmao

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I feel like realistically we would hear back later in this week. But remember there is no reason for anyone to hang their heads over this. We'll learn from it, become doctors or whatever we're supposed to be one way or another. A school's decision has no role in determining your self worth or ability to do you. Battle scars make us tougher anyways.

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
I feel like realistically we would hear back later in this week. But remember there is no reason for anyone to hang their heads over this. We'll learn from it, become doctors or whatever we're supposed to be one way or another. A school's decision has no role in determining your self worth or ability to do you. Battle scars make us tougher anyways.
For sure, life goes on.
It isn't the greatest measure of success.
Whether we make it in or not, medical school will always be there. It's not a rejection, it's a delay.
Worst case, you get rejected, you take some time to go out, get some experience, re-evaluate if you still want it, then try again.
Hell the last time I applied was over 10 years ago, but when I came back to this, I found I still wanted it.

Reactions: 7 users
for those accepted, how long did it take for your unconditional acceptance to come in?

for those accepted, how long did it take for your unconditional acceptance to come in?
Mine took closer to 2.5 months... but I interviewed in Oct and there was some sort of issue with processing and I had to resubmit in Feb

Mine took closer to 2.5 months... but I interviewed in Oct and there was some sort of issue with processing and I had to resubmit in Feb

Yeah, that’s probably common early in the cycle. I’m guessing fleisher already had security clearance and DODMERB complete when he got the conditional, though. I got the call last week, and they told me today that I should get my unconditional by the end of this week.

Reactions: 1 users
Yeah, that’s probably common early in the cycle. I’m guessing fleisher already had security clearance and DODMERB complete when he got the conditional, though. I got the call last week, and they told me today that I should get my unconditional by the end of this week.

Perfect. That’s kinda what I was assuming. And Fleisher is a she :) congrats on the A!

Members don't see this ad :)
I want to thank everyone for help in my application process. you have been a source of knowledge, comfort and courage. You helped me get through this. God bless you all. Good luck to all of you.

I want to thank everyone for help in my application process. you have been a source of knowledge, comfort and courage. You helped me get through this. God bless you all. Good luck to all of you.
Coming clean, I lurked on you a little so I could gauge where I and the rest of us might stand. Interviewed in January, Waitlisted in April, they see something awesome in you and I can only hope I get the chance to study and train with folks like you.
Congrats on the Air Force slot. I'm prior Army so they already got my ass for the rest of my 20, and beyond.

Accepted off of waitlist this evening. Air Force. Interviewed week of 11/15, waitlisted 2/24.

Congrats Dogmomdoc!!

There still is alot of movement to come. It is just getting started. It takes a special doctor to balance med school classes and to be a leader in the military. Everyone who USUHS has accepted or put on the waiting list has been determined to be a fit for America's Military Medical School. I am truly honored to have each and everyone of you as classmates. Sit tight, from here it is just a numbers game...

Last edited:
  • Care
Reactions: 10 users
I just wish that miracle will happen and I will get off the waitlist lol 😢

• Care
I know people discussed this topic a couple of weeks ago, but have any of the unconditional admits heard anything about orders? I’ve started looking at houses in the DC and MD, but it’s going to be impossible to finalize a loan without the orders to verify employment.

I know people discussed this topic a couple of weeks ago, but have any of the unconditional admits heard anything about orders? I’ve started looking at houses in the DC and MD, but it’s going to be impossible to finalize a loan without the orders to verify employment.
I can tell you that Army is waiting on the 2LT AMEDD scroll to be approved and returned. Also classes are “expected” to begin Aug 22nd. I also expect Army DCC is not happening this summer so due to logistics, it might take a while for us to hear about our orders.

I can tell you that Army is waiting on the 2LT AMEDD scroll to be approved and returned. Also classes are “expected” to begin Aug 22nd. I also expect Army DCC is not happening this summer so due to logistics, it might take a while for us to hear about our orders.

Thanks for the info. Yeesh. I didn't realize the timelines were still getting sorted out. I don't have to do DCC, so maybe that will allow me to get my orders sooner. If not, maybe there's something that the student services or admissions office could provide that would suffice for a mortgage lender to verify employment.

All branches will need more time. I was told to report Aug 1st as I am already commissioned in airforce. I don't have final paperwork yet. Hope that helps.

Got the call for acceptance by CAPT Liotta last night! The man is an absolute saint for staying up working past 9pm to make sure he tells us waitlisters the good news as soon he can. I was so overwhelmed with gratitude and relief that I forgot to ask what branch. I assume Navy since I'm AD Navy now, but I guess I'll find out when the email comes! Passing on the luck to the next waitlister!

Reactions: 9 users
Got the call for acceptance by CAPT Liotta last night! The man is an absolute saint for staying up working past 9pm to make sure he tells us waitlisters the good news as soon he can. I was so overwhelmed with gratitude and relief that I forgot to ask what branch. I assume Navy since I'm AD Navy now, but I guess I'll find out when the email comes! Passing on the luck to the next waitlister!
If you are AD Navy, you will stay Navy. By the way, serious congrats are in order!

Reactions: 1 user
If you are AD Navy, you will stay Navy. By the way, serious congrats are in order!
Yeah I really hope this is the case, but for my situation I'm actually holding an approved resignation dated before matriculation so I'm eligible to cross service as well!

I was wondering why it's been almost exclusively Navy and Air Force folks moving off the waitlist lately when they tend to have fewer slots. While it still has me worried, it's also a relief that it's not necessarily just me being way down the list. Also a little funny that somehow the Army managed to drag its feet here too.

I was wondering why it's been almost exclusively Navy and Air Force folks moving off the waitlist lately when they tend to have fewer slots. While it still has me worried, it's also a relief that it's not necessarily just me being way down the list. Also a little funny that somehow the Army managed to drag its feet here too.
Catch me at the bottom of the Army WL+pity+

• Care
Catch me at the bottom of the Army WL+pity+
Don’t be sad! At the very least you have a DO school acceptance. I’ve always believed things happen for a reason, we’ll be alright no matter what.

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
Don’t be sad! At the very least you have a DO school acceptance. I’ve always believed things happen for a reason, we’ll be alright no matter what.
You're absolutely right!

Edit: Ya'll are so wholesome. Can't wait to work with you all one day!

Last edited:
It is so really early but Airforce and Navy folks probably turned down opportunity and these were replaced first. Army is usually selected last since it has the most spots. Thus, I think Army folks should hear soon.
Think and be positive and it will come!

• Care
Long time lurker first time posting. I know it couldn't hurt, but would it be worth it or make any difference for me to send a letter of intent this late? I suppose I really should have done it not long after my interview, but that's water under the bridge now.

For some context, I'm prior service Army currently on the waitlist. I interviewed first week of Nov, put on the waitlist first week of March. It took a while to get my conditional release approved. I have other acceptances and have planned to enroll at another school (with HPSP) IAW AMCAS deadlines, but USUHS is my top choice. I don't really have any significant application updates. I made it pretty clear (I think) during my interview that USUHS is my top choice, so I'm just hoping they know that if I was offered a spot I would enthusiastically and wholeheartedly accept.

Last edited:
Long time lurker first time posting. I know it couldn't hurt, but would it be worth it or make any difference for me to send a letter of intent this late? I suppose I really should have done it not long after my interview, but that's water under the bridge now.

For some context, I'm prior service Army currently on the waitlist. I interviewed first week of Nov, put on the waitlist first week of March. It took a while to get my conditional release approved. I have other acceptances and have planned to enroll at another school (with HPSP) IAW AMCAS deadlines, but USUHS is my top choice. I don't really have any significant application updates. I made it pretty clear (I think) during my interview that USUHS is my top choice, so I'm just hoping they know that if I was offered a spot I would enthusiastically and wholeheartedly accept.
It won’t hurt to send just a letter of intent without an update. Go for it and good luck!

Im a current member of USAF as well. It took me a long time to get conditional release approved and extended. Im on the waitlist too. Hopefully, it will workout ! My contract is up soon and I dont want to get out. I would love to continue to serve !

I sent a letter of intent without any update. I just expressed my intent to matriculate if offered an acceptance and specifically talked about certain programs and opportunities that USUHS offers that I wanted to be a part of. It worked for me!

I’m almost certain it’s because people are still waiting on orders at this time. But as an update to my potential future army classmates, DCC is being held at USU this year. So no Oklahoma! (Which is probably good given the tornados)

I’m almost certain it’s because people are still waiting on orders at this time. But as an update to my potential future army classmates, DCC is being held at USU this year. So no Oklahoma! (Which is probably good given the tornados)
Hey, do you know anything about the dates? I have a trip planned for June but haven’t finalized anything yet because I didn’t want it to conflict with DCC

Also at DCC will we be doing the ACFT? I was thinking of switching up my regular workout routine to be more similar to the ACFT. Thoughts on that from my fellow army people?

Hey, do you know anything about the dates? I have a trip planned for June but haven’t finalized anything yet because I didn’t want it to conflict with DCC

Also at DCC will we be doing the ACFT? I was thinking of switching up my regular workout routine to be more similar to the ACFT. Thoughts on that from my fellow army people?
ACFT is definitely the sentiment, which is focused more around strength imo. The leg ups thing is gone, and we all are now planking.

The date so far are in July, so you should be fine for June. Granted, anything can change at any time so be wary about that!

Just got the unconditional acceptance today! Got the unconditional on 28 April, so they moved pretty fast. As for timelines, this is what was provided in the email:

Additional background information regarding officer training for your respective branch of service is available at the following links (dates subject to change):
USU Information
Report to USU: August 2022
USU Brigade In-processing and Orientation: August 2022

As people have said earlier, it looks like these dates are still tentative, but at least it gives us an idea of how to plan for the summer.

Reactions: 5 users
I got same letter. It also gives Facebook connection for class. To be clear, commisioned officers don't have to redo the training, just report on Aug 1st. Also looking for places to live. Would appreciate a PM if anyone knows reliable reasonably priced apts near base.

Last edited:
I sent a letter of intent without any update. I just expressed my intent to matriculate if offered an acceptance and specifically talked about certain programs and opportunities that USUHS offers that I wanted to be a part of. It worked for me!
Awesome, thanks. Who did you address it to?

LOI: Only issue I see is they pull from wait-list according to 15 pt grading system. This point determination has been done already. Perhaps if 2 candidates have same score then one who has LOI over one who doesn't will make a difference in securing a spot.

LOI: Only issue I see is they pull from wait-list according to 15 pt grading system. This point determination has been done already. Perhaps if 2 candidates have same score then one who has LOI over one who doesn't will make a difference in securing a spot.
I wish they let us know where we stand in the waitlist and how the grading system works (like what are the factors and points).

Reactions: 5 users
That was my thinking too. I guess worst case scenario they just know I really want to go to their school 🤷‍♂️