2022-2023 Uniformed Services University of Health Sciences (USUHS)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just got accepted today! Navy branch
Interviewed the week of November 14th.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 5 users
To quote someone else "first-time poster, long-time lurker". It looks like your acceptance didn't include anything about the Navy. And in reviewing the board it doesn't seem like anyone has gotten accepted or waitlisted for the Navy, has anyone? Is there something going on with the Navy this year? Are they just slower to accept people?
Accepted Navy 1/5!

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
DoDMERB website is officially back online folks!

Reactions: 1 users
I was placed on hold 11/22 and have not gotten an update since then. To be honest, I don't expect an II but want to start working on my reapp. Do you guys know who I should contact to receive feedback on my app? On previous threads I saw that some people contacted Captain Liotta but unsure if that is still the case for this cycle.

Reactions: 1 user
I was placed on hold 11/22 and have not gotten an update since then. To be honest, I don't expect an II but want to start working on my reapp. Do you guys know who I should contact to receive feedback on my app? On previous threads I saw that some people contacted Captain Liotta but unsure if that is still the case for this cycle.
I'd probably ask Mrs. Stearmann or your admissions counselor if I had to guess.

My DoDMERB account is showing that they're missing my initial medical exam, but the DoDMETS website shows that they sent everything over to DoDMERB. Is anyone else experiencing something similar?

My DoDMERB account is showing that they're missing my initial medical exam, but the DoDMETS website shows that they sent everything over to DoDMERB. Is anyone else experiencing something similar?
Same, my DODMETS says my case is "closed" and everything was sent, but DODMERB doesn't show anything at all on my status yet. I assume they're still just catching up from the outage

Reactions: 1 users
Just got the call, A!! Army, interviewed 11/17

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
Same, my DODMETS says my case is "closed" and everything was sent, but DODMERB doesn't show anything at all on my status yet. I assume they're still just catching up from the outage
After almost a month of that for me, mine was just added today. Their opening message was "The DoDMERB IT systems are back up and running. We appreciate everyone's patience during the outage. We ask that you be patient a few more weeks while we work thru all of the exams we manually processed in the past 15 weeks. Please continue to monitor our site for updates."

After almost a month of that for me, mine was just added today. Their opening message was "The DoDMERB IT systems are back up and running. We appreciate everyone's patience during the outage. We ask that you be patient a few more weeks while we work thru all of the exams we manually processed in the past 15 weeks. Please continue to monitor our site for updates."
Yeah, I see that message too but nothing else. I had my exams completed over 6 weeks ago so hopefully I'll get an update soon

Members don't see this ad :)
Pre-II R today. App complete 8/16. Best of luck to you all!

Does anyone know how responsive they are to queries about adcom reasoning?

Pre-II R today. App complete 8/16. Best of luck to you all!

Does anyone know how responsive they are to queries about adcom reasoning?
I have heard that Capt. Liotta is very responsive to inquiries about applicant packages ([email protected]). You could reach out to either him or your admissions counsellor.

I just went here to check if pre-II are being issued and saw the post above. Still on hold/dd pre-II 10/27 since receiving completion confirmation on 8/30 even though completed on 6/30 lol

Emailed Ms. Stearman and my liaison today, Saturday.

Last edited:
Got the unconditional acceptance last week. In the email, they asked for me to submit the background information sheet so they can prepare my orders.... by filling this out, have I committed to attending this school? Or is it through the choose your medical school tool that comes out next month?

Got the unconditional acceptance last week. In the email, they asked for me to submit the background information sheet so they can prepare my orders.... by filling this out, have I committed to attending this school? Or is it through the choose your medical school tool that comes out next month?
Congrats on the unconditional! What background information sheet are you referring to? All I see are links to info about each branches officer training. You are not “locked in” until you commit to enroll in AMCAS starting May 2nd. You have to commit to USU 21 days before your officer training is scheduled to start, otherwise the school withdrawals your application. I spoke to the commissioning coordinator last week, and she informed me that the scroll (list of officer candidate names) will not be approved by Congress until April, after which your respective branch will then begin the process of cutting your orders. You will likely receive orders starting in May.

I had an interview 11/14 and haven't heard anything yet. Do you guys suggest contacting in regards to updates? It looks like some people already got the acceptance from same interview week.

I had an interview 11/14 and haven't heard anything yet. Do you guys suggest contacting in regards to updates? It looks like some people already got the acceptance from same interview week.
From the school:

“If you interview in November/December, you MAY hear a response ten to twelve weeks.”

You are still within that timeline until February 6th, but hopefully you hear some good news sooner than later! You could definitely reach out to your admissions counselor when that window expires.

I would say wait until interviews are officially over (cause he's super busy right now), but definitely reach out for feedback! Dr. Liotta is super invested in helping applicants succeed

I would say wait until interviews are officially over (cause he's super busy right now), but definitely reach out for feedback! Dr. Liotta is super invested in helping applicants succeed
Capt. Liotta is super nice. I have exchanged emails with him in the past years.

I have been on pre-II hold since Oct. I emailed my liaison Cc’d Ms. Stearman a few days ago. Today I just emailed Ms. Stearman only coz I have a unique situation and she’s known my case for a while now. She’s super nice. We’re nearing the end of the interview cycle, if not already there yet.

In one of her emails, she said “We did start interviews last month and will continue into late January/early February.” So this is the end of the cycle. But who knows.

Interviewed 11/7, also haven't heard anything yet. On the "After Interview Follow-Up" email, it said "If you interview in November/December, you MAY hear a response ten to twelve weeks." This is my eleventh weeks, if I don't receive any message next week, I guess it is a silence rejection. So sad, even though I already have an A, but USUHS is my first choice :(

I will be interviewing next week, with rolling admissions my odds of even a waitlist seem slim.... guess i'll take 4 years commitment vs 7 years post residency lmao

Chances of a straight up acceptance as opposed to waitlist/rejection after being interviewed in January?? Trying to prepare myself for all possible outcomes and stressing out lol
apply HPSP and try to land a different MD/DO program and be Uncle Sam's indentured servant for 4 years post residency

Hi everyone, i dont know if this was already asked, but I recently did a few puffs of marijuana legally. (I come from NY). I have already interviewed with USU and my physical is tomorrow. do they do a drug test during this physical? and if so, am i screwed?

Hi everyone, i dont know if this was already asked, but I recently did a few puffs of marijuana legally. (I come from NY). I have already interviewed with USU and my physical is tomorrow. do they do a drug test during this physical? and if so, am i screwed?
Did you report marijuana use on your DoDMERB medical history questionnaire? If so, I’d expect some questions about it. If not, well that’s a whole separate issue. Drug tests are not administered during the exam, but they 100% are administered at officer training and obviously periodically while you are in. Here’s an interesting article about potential policy changes for prior marijuana use and joining the military, but definitely do some more research, and get used to not using!

Air Force, Space Force may let in applicants who test positive for THC

Keep in mind that this info only applies to Air/Space Force, so you’ll have to do some more digging on the other branches current policies.

Last edited:
So i didn't see any on the medical history questionnaire, but i did disclose it in the substance section on the supplemental application. this is also only the second time i have ever smoked marijuana. My dumb ass just didn't think about the possibility of a drug test.

So i didn't see any on the medical history questionnaire, but i did disclose it in the substance section on the supplemental application. this is also only the second time i have ever smoked marijuana. My dumb ass just didn't think about the possibility of a drug test.
is that ok? Also thanks for your reply!

Make sure you disclosed it on you security form as well. Lying will 100% deny you a clearance, disclosing you did something probably not.

Make sure you disclosed it on you security form as well. Lying will 100% deny you a clearance, disclosing you did something probably not.
one last question. so the security form states have you ever illegally used any controlled substances in the last seven years. and for this I answered no, because i have only smoked marijuana twice and both were legal as I smoked in states where marijuana was legal. This should be ok right?

one last question. so the security form states have you ever illegally used any controlled substances in the last seven years. and for this I answered no, because i have only smoked marijuana twice and both were legal as I smoked in states where marijuana was legal. This should be ok right?
You should be good to go then since it was all disclosed in honesty :thumbup:

did anyone that interviewed the week of December 5 hear back yet?

Good afternoon all,

When do you think feedback will be sent to those who were not selected? Is feedback automatically sent or should we reach out once the interview phase is complete?

did anyone that interviewed the week of December 5 hear back yet?
I have not yet, but we are only at week 8 of the 10 to 12 week timeline for us to hear a response! Plus I assume the holidays might have added an extra delay.

I have not yet, but we are only at week 8 of the 10 to 12 week timeline for us to hear a response! Plus I assume the holidays might have added an extra delay.
I work at USU and we were pretty shut down from the week before christmas until the week after new years. Mrs. Stearmann said the committee didnt meet at all during that time.

I work at USU and we were pretty shut down from the week before christmas until the week after new years. Mrs. Stearmann said the committee didnt meet at all during that time.
This is my last week of '10 to 12 weeks', should I email them and ask about my status(if yes, who should I email) or should I keep waiting?

Updated: just got the Waitlist email this morning :( What are my chances of getting in?

Last edited:
This is my last week of '10 to 12 weeks', should I email them and ask about my status(if yes, who should I email) or should I keep waiting?

Updated: just got the Waitlist email this morning :( What are my chances of getting in?
Lol I didn't get in after the waitlist last year but I have heard that a lot of people do. Always positive vibes, you never know when things can change for you. That having been said, the majority of movement will happen after May, when people do commit. Be prepared for that wait.

Anyone still on pre-ii hold? All hope lost now lol

Reactions: 3 users
^do army HPSP king, more flexibility, less commitment, and you can still serve your country

Interviewed last week of Nov, got a note saying Congrats Medical good. Now hoping for an A. Anyone else waiting?

Still waiting after 11/14 interview. I did receive an email regarding prospective students and LGBTQIA+. Did everyone receive this email?

Was alerted of a new correspondence from DoDMERB, checked the site, and it says I have a single disqualification from my medical exam. My current medical status reads as "under waiver review". Is my next step to wait and see if I'm able to submit a waiver? Will they contact me with waiver info and possible forms/paperwork I would need to submit along with that waiver?

Was alerted of a new correspondence from DoDMERB, checked the site, and it says I have a single disqualification from my medical exam. My current medical status reads as "under waiver review". Is my next step to wait and see if I'm able to submit a waiver? Will they contact me with waiver info and possible forms/paperwork I would need to submit along with that waiver?
"Under waiver review" is misleading because it doesn't mean that any action is automatically being taken by either the school or DoD to push a waiver for your disqualifying condition. You have to contact the USU commissioning coordinator ([email protected]) to start the waiver process yourself, and they will provide you with any additional documentation required.

As far as timeline is concerned, the waiver process takes an average of six additional weeks from the time it is submitted to DoDMERB.

Last edited:
Got the rejection this morning. Pre II hold since October. Good luck y’all.

Just a heads up, they are now offering spots for the coast guard. If accepted, you can apply to switch branches

Reactions: 2 users