2015-2016 University of Arizona Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Accepted this morning!!! Interviewed 2/26.
I'm so excited it's unreal!!! :D

Reactions: 5 users
For people who have not heard back yet: are you pretty much assuming not hearing back today means a wait list or rejection?

Members don't see this ad :)
For people who have not heard back yet: are you pretty much assuming not hearing back today means a wait list or rejection?
The day's not over, so I'm keeping my hopes up. Though if I don't hear back today, I'm assuming waitlist or rejection. It's just much easier on me now that I have an acceptance elsewhere.

Reactions: 1 user
The day's not over, so I'm keeping my hopes up. Though if I don't hear back today, I'm assuming waitlist or rejection. It's just much easier on me now that I have an acceptance elsewhere.
same here.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Hate to dash your hopes, but I think they send out emails at the same time. Seems like acceptances have gone out together. Same with the other emails that are similar to each other. Glad you have another acceptance though

Sorry if this sounds silly but if your S/O comes to second look are they only welcome at some of the events...or? I just didn't see any clarification. Thanks!!

I was accepted in April last year, so there may be another round of acceptances.
Thanks for saying that!!! I have been hoping so badly to get in here. I interviewed on 2/26 and did great, so I would feel bad if I didn't get in. Hoping for the best, but I'm ready for whatever.

Any current students lurking - I can see the block schedules/calendars online, however, I was curious about the typical day to day with respect to classes. A friend in the nursing school told me their classes are from 7 AM- 3 PM, what hours do the medical school classes tend to run? I know there are the optional electives that could change things too but I am less concerned about those.

Anxiously waiting to hear an acceptance this Friday. On my interview day, they told us April 1 will be the last day they are sending out acceptances.

It's 9-12 or 9-1 depending on the day. Lectures are front loaded and some days there is only 1-2hrs of lecture on Th/F. Depending on the block there is also anatomy lab etc...

Any current students lurking - I can see the block schedules/calendars online, however, I was curious about the typical day to day with respect to classes. A friend in the nursing school told me their classes are from 7 AM- 3 PM, what hours do the medical school classes tend to run? I know there are the optional electives that could change things too but I am less concerned about those.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)

Also don't forget that most lectures are not mandatory but each week there are three mandatory sessions each week in TL, CBI, and societies...

I guess the rest of us will find out our fate soon...

Hopefully they're not pulling a hard April Fool's...

i swear i almost have a heart attack every time someone replies to this thread.

i swear i almost have a heart attack every time someone replies to this thread.
Also every time I get an email, I have a heart attack.

I just called and they said they are sending out final decisions today and at the latest by the end of monday

so they're still in the process of sending out decisions today? they're never received this late in the evening.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Waitlisted OOS. Will they eventually release ranks?

Anyone know how their waitlist has worked in other years?

Does in state vs. out of state have an impact on the waitlist?

waitlisted also. meh.... I guess its more waiting. Does anyone know when is the first day of class and when will they finally let us know? The email says the entering class will be finalized on Aug 1st, but I thought classes start at the end of August. That could possibly be only a few weeks notice. Uncomfortable situation b/c now we don't know if we should restart the entire application cycle again.

This is really difficult. I'm trying to make sense of it. What happens if I hope for the best and don't prepare for the next application cycle and then I don't get addmitted in August and then I will start the application late and apply late.

Last edited:
Yup waitlisted... IS. We'll see what happens.

I'm also IS wait listed! I was flat out rejected last year, so this is definitely better.

I just called the Admission Office to inquire about the waitlist. They said last year they didn't move anybody from the waitlist to the class!!! ayyyyyyyyyeeeee. But, the year prior they moved 15-20 students from the waitlist into the class. The AO said its really random and there is no way to predict. uhhhhhhhhh....... I'm just hoping for the best. This is so draining.

Rejected IS today :/ a little disappointed but what's meant to be will be. Good luck to everyone else!!

waitlisted also. meh.... I guess its more waiting. Does anyone know when is the first day of class and when will they finally let us know? The email says the entering class will be finalized on Aug 1st, but I thought classes start at the end of August. That could possibly be only a few weeks notice. Uncomfortable situation b/c now we don't know if we should restart the entire application cycle again.

This is really difficult. I'm trying to make sense of it. What happens if I hope for the best and don't prepare for the next application cycle and then I don't get addmitted in August and then I will start the application late and apply late.

Classes actually start August 1st, to the best of my knowledge.

I would definitely encourage you to start preparing for the next application cycle regardless. Preparing for the worst while hoping for the best seems to be a good idea. I mean "worse comes to worst", you apply for another cycle in June, get accepted here, and then just withdraw your application from the upcoming cycle. Or if not, you are set up perfectly for the upcoming cycle. I know it's daunting and frustrating, but do your best to push through and set yourself up for success in the case that you need to reapply.

Classes actually start August 1st, to the best of my knowledge.

I would definitely encourage you to start preparing for the next application cycle regardless. Preparing for the worst while hoping for the best seems to be a good idea. I mean "worse comes to worst", you apply for another cycle in June, get accepted here, and then just withdraw your application from the upcoming cycle. Or if not, you are set up perfectly for the upcoming cycle. I know it's daunting and frustrating, but do your best to push through and set yourself up for success in the case that you need to reapply.
Thank you so much for the support. We are all in this struggle but premed students are very supportive and that really counts! I have been thinking about it since yesterday and that's really the only way to go about it.

There is an article in the school paper today regarding application advice for those who were unsuccessful

I find it unfortunate that we do not receive any feedback whatsoever, not even our cumulative score. Because there are so many applications, medical schools use it as an excuse to not provide any feedback. There is little pressure to improve the admission process because of the high number of applications. I understand that it is difficult with so many applications, but I feel like Tucson could at least provide people who interviewed with their final score, so we have a better sense of how close or far we were to admission.

Can any current students speak to the grading basis here? Is it pass/fail or are there levels such as honors/pass/fail? Thanks!

Can any current students speak to the grading basis here? Is it pass/fail or are there levels such as honors/pass/fail? Thanks!

Pre-clinical is P/F. I honestly don't know how we're graded during clinical years, but I think it's H/HP/P/F.

Withdrew here with great regret, 1 more spot available for peeps waiting!

Ah. From what I've seen in other threads, they're still cutting the over-acceptance numbers down so there still might not be any waitlist movement :(

They over accept so just because someone drops their acceptance doesn't automatically mean that there's an empty seat. On the waitlist thread, an ad com mentioned that withdrawals were observed at UA Tucson but waitlist movement hasn't started. This might mean that they're waiting to send out the new acceptances for some reason OR that not enough people have withdrawn for them to start pulling from the waitlist.

They over accept so just because someone drops their acceptance doesn't automatically mean that there's an empty seat. On the waitlist thread, an ad com mentioned that withdrawals were observed at UA Tucson but waitlist movement hasn't started. This might mean that they're waiting to send out the new acceptances for some reason OR that not enough people have withdrawn for them to start pulling from the waitlist.

What is the wait list thread called??

I loved the school and the staff but I got off the wait list at my dream school. I hope one of you guys gets my spot. Good luck guys! Hang in there!

What is the wait list thread called??
It's appropriately named: Wait-list Support Group

Congrats @_sunnysky_ :D

Maybe we'll get some movement next week? Has anyone called to ask if they accept LOIs or if they expect waitlist movement this year?

It's appropriately named: Wait-list Support Group

Congrats @_sunnysky_ :D

Maybe we'll get some movement next week? Has anyone called to ask if they accept LOIs or if they expect waitlist movement this year?

LOI/addendum letters are not really considered