2015-2016 University of Arizona Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anyone else still waiting for the email? Pretty disappointed with their process at this point. Why give specific dates if they're not going to stick to them?

I'm still waiting. Not sure what's going on but when I called a few days ago, I was told everyone was supposed to get the email indicating that the date has been pushed back so I'm not sure if the same thing is happening to us again :(

Members don't see this ad.

If it amounts to an II, I think we will all be quick to forgive hehe

Reactions: 1 user
RUHJEKTID.

510/3.8. 500vol/1000research/100shadow, good LORs. Applied late Nov.

Looks like it's osteo for me!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hmmm, still haven't heard anything. No email, no portal communication, nothing. Will call on Monday most likely. If it results in an II I'll be stoked, but would be pretty disappointed with the short notice considering last interview day is Friday. Anyone else not hear anything pre II yesterday?

Still nothing for me either, and I got that last email update with the final status notification

Isn't it the deal that if you never receive a rejection pre-interview that they thought you already knew how stellar of an applicant you are and presumed you knew that you're for sure admitted? Camtheram1818, Ibeenjamming, let's walk in on the first day arm-in-arm and greet our class!

Reactions: 1 users
Isn't it the deal that if you never receive a rejection pre-interview that they thought you already knew how stellar of an applicant you are and presumed you knew that you're for sure admitted? Camtheram1818, Ibeenjamming, let's walk in on the first day arm-in-arm and greet our class!

Can I come too? I've been receiving all the hold emails and also still haven't heard a peep. :(...maybe we can ride into school on one of those 6 man bikes where everyone sits in a circle and pedals lol

Seems pretty peculiar that we wouldn't have heard anything. I'm thinking either it's a glitch and we slipped through the cracks, or possibly there are a handful of interview slots left, and we are among the last few they are considering. Hopefully the latter, either way, best of luck to you folks! Maybe if we're fortunate enough, I'll see some of you this Friday. All we can do is wait now!

if we get the interview, I'll happily rent us a 6 person bike to cruise around on! But seriously :)

got the hold email in Jan and didn't receive a rejection or interview status email yesterday :/
hopefully it's a good sign!

Members don't see this ad :)
Interviewed first week of September, one email in October saying I had not been chosen for acceptance, and then perpetual silence. Anyone know how many acceptances have been given out/or are left to give out? Do they accept more students towards the end? :( slowly losing hope and sanity

Interviewed first week of September, one email in October saying I had not been chosen for acceptance, and then perpetual silence. Anyone know how many acceptances have been given out/or are left to give out? Do they accept more students towards the end? :( slowly losing hope and sanity

As I understand a lot of the acceptances happen in March and the waitlist sees good movement in April. Had some friends who got in on April 30th last year so there is still plenty of time.

As I understand a lot of the acceptances happen in March and the waitlist sees good movement in April. Had some friends who got in on April 30th last year so there is still plenty of time.
Also heard something similar! Supposedly lots of acceptances after the last interview.

Your friends who were accepted on April 30th, were they accepted off of the waitlist? Or direct admit?

Reeeejected! Closure at last after multiple holds & no Friday update!

Good luck to the rest of the forgotten Friday crew & anyone who may be waiting for an acceptance :)

As if once weren't enough, I just received a second rejection. Lol

Reactions: 2 users
Thanks UA tucson for the 2nd rejection email at 830 this morning! But I think I got the message loud and clear the first time...

Reactions: 2 users
Whoo- rejected! This would have been nice to know on the 12th when they were supposed to tell us.

So the consensus here is it is useless to send a LOI after interview since they do not accept it? I guess I am desperate:(
Yes, I emailed them to ask if they accept updates and they responded saying they don't accept updates or letters of interest. They only look at what's on your AMCAS application, rec letters, and interview notes. I'm guessing if you sent it, they would just respond saying thanks for the letter, but it will not be evaluated with your application.

I didn't get an e-mail on Friday and I haven't gotten anything today... nothing on portal either...! :(

Rejected...Called the school today. I was told they have a system error where some people didn't receive their status updates but they can tell you if you call. For those rejected, the school will be sending out information on how to make yourself a better candidate for reapplication next year. Good luck to everyone for the rest of your schools and congrats to those who got an II or acceptance to UA!

Rejected...Called the school today. I was told they have a system error where some people didn't receive their status updates but they can tell you if you call. For those rejected, the school will be sending out information on how to make yourself a better candidate for reapplication next year. Good luck to everyone for the rest of your schools and congrats to those who got an II or acceptance to UA!

Oh no. Guess I should call then...

Just called and was told that they are still sending emails out and we should be getting a decision on the pre-II hold by the end of the day today

Just called and was told that they are still sending emails out and we should be getting a decision on the pre-II hold by the end of the day today

So you weren't given your decision one way or another?

So you weren't given your decision one way or another?
nope still in limbo lol I asked if I could find out over the phone and was told that the email will be sent later today. hoping for the best for all of us!

nope still in limbo lol I asked if I could find out over the phone and was told that the email will be sent later today. hoping for the best for all of us!

Hopefully that's a good sign for a II! Thanks for calling for all of us!

hahaha I must be receiving all the missing emails because I just got my 4th rejection email from them

Reactions: 4 users
hahaha I must be receiving all the missing emails because I just got my 4th rejection email from them

Like getting one rejection email is not enough, they had to send 2 more! Ugh.

I got the message the second time u told me, no need to make it clear with a third email UA

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Glad that you guys are finding the humor in it.

No matter how you spin it though, this is not a good look for any medical school.

Yep, I called and she said I would receive an email in the next few minutes. Seems like if you haven't heard from them yet you have to call and then they manually send out your email. Hopefully after a ton of phone calls they'll learn their lesson and figure out an email system that actually works.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Did anyone actually get an II on Friday and today? I feel like it's just rejection for everyone

Glad that you guys are finding the humor in it.

No matter how you spin it though, this is not a good look for any medical school.

Honestly it seems like this is a common issue with many schools. I've seen this reported on SDN frequently in different school threads; I think Duke was famous for it last year when it occurred with people who were rejected post-interview. It's probably an issue with whatever software they are using - rejected applicants are probably in a pool, and if the pool isn't updated to reflect the people who were already rejected, they probably get onto the list for the next round of rejection emails.

You are understandably upset, but I doubt there are many schools that have not had some sort of issue relating to technology with respect to the applications process over the years. This year Tufts had a security breach where students were automatically logged onto accounts that were not their own, Baylor has a whole section on their website on what to do if their Paypal portal fails (this is frequent enough to merit a section on their website), some schools don't mark people as reviewed until months after they are complete, some schools send rejections even if you don't complete a secondary, the list goes on and on. Some schools are more communicative and some schools are less communicative, and it seems that each individual applicant has a difference perception of that school's process based on their own expectations/past experiences/experiences with the school itself/experiences with other schools.

Honestly it seems like this is a common issue with many schools. I've seen this reported on SDN frequently in different school threads; I think Duke was famous for it last year when it occurred with people who were rejected post-interview. It's probably an issue with whatever software they are using - rejected applicants are probably in a pool, and if the pool isn't updated to reflect the people who were already rejected, they probably get onto the list for the next round of rejection emails.

You are understandably upset, but I doubt there are many schools that have not had some sort of issue relating to technology with respect to the applications process over the years. This year Tufts had a security breach where students were automatically logged onto accounts that were not their own, Baylor has a whole section on their website on what to do if their Paypal portal fails (this is frequent enough to merit a section on their website), some schools don't mark people as reviewed until months after they are complete, some schools send rejections even if you don't complete a secondary, the list goes on and on. Some schools are more communicative and some schools are less communicative, and it seems that each individual applicant has a difference perception of that school's process based on their own expectations/past experiences/experiences with the school itself/experiences with other schools.

You definitely have a point, and you're right that this is not isolated to just this program.

Rejected, got the email after I called. Best of luck to you folks!

How soon after the interview do you hear back?

I heard back 3 weeks after, which, based on SDN seemed like the earliest date for my interview group? Someone I know who interviewed two weeks before me also heard back on that date, so for her it was 5 weeks.